main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The "BIG BAD RANT" Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Badguy

Sol_Badguy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2004
    Then I will accept the position of..GRAND COMANDER.
    I have prevailed over your silly "tiers." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
    Yes there is a point in that with to "a"s

2. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    good now you have truely gained the title of "target" it will be a few months before you can get the title of "running target" and then you might even take the title from Riff "easy target"

3. Sol_Badguy

Sol_Badguy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2004
    ::starry eyed::
    wow... a title...

4. RAVAGER

RAVAGER Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2004
    i`m sure it will take a long time of doing stupid **** to take riff`s tittle

5. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    That it will ravager, that it will.

6. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    In another thread Kazuma wrote: A young child, I believe was preteen in age, shot a homeless man with a revolver 48 times in Texas. He had to go home and get more ammo from his father's dresser (sp) several times. He was tried as an adult, and sentaced to death row. (where he really stands now, I am unsure) Now if a preteen is going to be tried as an adult or even an early teen is, why doesn't the law reflect that? If you are adult enough when you kill someone at early/preteen years to be tried as one, why aren't more "intimate" relations allowable as such? Personally I am AGAINST people of that age group being tried as an adult and for "intimate relations". I think that these laws are becoming to wishy-washy in certain aspects to the point that they are contradictory.

I can see where you are coming from Kazuma. However, I have to disagree. To my mind, the reasons why juveniles are sometimes tried as adults is because the crime is so heinous that the law doesn't allow for proper punishment otherwise. If the case that you mentioned didn't have any mitigating circumstances (abuse, etc), then it isn't safe for anyone with the capacity to do what this "child" did to freely walk the streets...ever. Being tried as an adult usually gives the courts more depth in sentencing.

On the other hand, I can see a whole host of reasons for prohibiting intimate relations between minors and adults. On the most basic level, most teens are not truly capable of understanding the gravity and potential ramifications that sex can have...at least until it's too late. Add to that the maelstrom of hormonal urges that come with that age, and you have a very unstable combination. By the time someone is in their 20's they should have a better understanding of these things and more control over their biological urges. Therefore, it gives the adult an unfair advantage in the relationship. If allowed to happen, this one relationship, can establish patterns that can last a lifetime. It has the potential to be manipulation at it's worst, at least when you have teens in relationships with teens the playing field is more level.

7. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    I see your point entropy. And as I said I'm scared to even shake hands with a minor, but here is an example from me personally as a problem with getting tried as an adult. I was 17, and a 15yo of comprable size and mass was attacking my siblings, I pulled him off and told him that if he has to fight someone fight me. I got arrested for assault and battery against a minor. and to this day, if i knew that i was going to get arrested for that with only a 2 year spread, I woulda kicked his ass. Luckily I was able to use my PJC, but only after we got a lawyer and went to court for it. The parents said that they only wanted me to learn my lesson. If I become president, I would like to say I would change things, but the presedent has less power today than he did 20+ years ago. And common sense has left the white house for beurocracy (sp, and tell me correct pls)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.