main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The "BIG BAD RANT" Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    "No plan survives first contact."

BTW, they may tell you that some people don't want a bun, but the truth is they are just money grubbing corporate shills out to capitalize on the sweat of the little guy!

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, then... back to rants. How do folks feel about these Iraqi insurgents taking shots at our boys, and then running into the mosques to hide? I know how I feel, but I am curious about you all.....

3. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I say level the building and hope "God" has insurance.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

4. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    We have a winner....

5. Akaria

Akaria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Ever heard of public opinion, politically correct?

1.) Goals

To protect civilians and the hope of a better Iraq
    To apprehend or kill those causing innocent causalities
    To protect our boys from Iraqi fire

2.) How to reach Goals

By pursuing known criminals that threaten the lives of both Iraqi and International civilians and solidiers.

3.) International Scene

Each day growing hatred for American occupation rises
    Each day more and more people are being killed
    Each day less support for the American occupation continues

4.) How to protect our Image

By making the right choices

5.) What are the right choices concearing "Iraqi insurgents taking shots at our boys, and then running into the mosques to hide?" -Riff

6.) Choices
    You know where your enemy is, do not let them escape
    Invade the mosques and capture the terrorist

7.) What not to do

Do not blow up a religious building for any reason.
    Do stoop to the levels of common terrorist

To do this is to commit a crime worse than death. Lod-reh you need to learn a bit of compassion and understanding of global politics. We are over there to help them recover from their oppression, not to cause more.
    We knew from day one that there will be in city fighting and that people will die, this is war and this how it is. There is no glory in what we are doing over there.
    To bomb a building like that is an act of a coward and worse an act of a person whom has no sense of moral or religious respect. Just because those who attack us are without a sense of morality, we should not become our enemy. If we stoop to their levels, we will lose even more face and worse we will lose all that we fight for and if that ever happens then we have no reason or right to be there.

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I cringed when I heard a mosque was bombed. I have no idea what the right thing to do is.

7. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, when you're dealing with those who will not rest until everyone else is dead, your options sort of narrow as to what has to be done.

However, the problem occurs when trying to balance that with growing anti-US sentiments.

Regardless, this is not just something that can be wished away..

8. Akaria

Oct 8, 2003
    It will get worse long before it will get better. Try to have faith and live in the comfort that what we are doing is right.

I am not as worried about Iraq as much as I am about after Iraq. The rebuilding of Iraq will take years and we will have our boys there for the entire time and probally a good deal after.
    What we have done is a precedent. What about other countries that are suffering as same Iraq has.
    Can we now justify not doing anything after what we have done in Iraq? Also what is the role of the United States in the globalizing world? We are the supreme power and what should and should we not do. Is it right for us to throw our weight around because we can, or should we be modest and do only what is necessary when it comes to the international scene?

We are living in a time that can change in a heartbeat. What we do and how we live our lives is what is really important. I do not have all the anwsers but I a sure you I will do my best to live my life in a way that I am happy and all those around me are as well.

"Live long and prosper."-oops wrong board

Cameron
    "Rylothian Lover of the Twi'lek race."

9. Akaria

Oct 8, 2003
    Now for a subject that makes me rather angry.

We are in Iraq to help them yet many hate us for being there.

I am angry that we are there and are being attacked and harmed while we are working to improve the Iraqi state.

The true problem is power, those who were in power are not in power now and they are fighting to gain back what they lost. Also, those that were targets of oppression who want things done their way are fighting to gain control of what they want. Pathetic that our tax money is going to this operation.

Look when I drive to Rocky Mount and down the slums and see some of the bad parts of our country, I wonder where the money is. Where is the money for more teachers. Where is the money for more policemen and firefighters. Where is the money that will improve the lives of the common every day joe. Where is that money?

It is in the hands of people who are rich. What I would like to see is a President and a government in which an everyday joe is in charge. I am tired of seeing the 10% of America rule the 90%. I say we need a President that lives for the people and will work to improve our lives and not as much for the world. We have people here who are sick and who are in need. This world is going to hell because of a select few. I say to hell with those people and take back our country once and for all.

Bill Gates we are coming for you. And those who are the same as this Lawful Evil *******, we are coming for you.

Akaria for President!

10. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I see morality is indeed the stepping stone of those too weak to do what must be done. I have no pity for the cowards that run into a building seeking sanctuary after taking pop shots at our boys...

"To bomb a building like that is an act of a coward and worse an act of a person whom has no sense of moral or religious respect." ~ Akaria

Call it what you will... it will preserve the lives of our troops. I really don't care what other people think of me, or us for that matter, but I would not send our boys in to capture the terrorist only to be ambushed inside... I say it is far better tactics to level the building now.

During the rebuilding "after Iraq", build the mosque in the same place with the minor addition of a nice little plaque to welcome "God" back home as the "Great Satan" once again slumbers in the West. The moral of the story: They think we are the "Great Satan" then let them live in fear of us so not to provoke us again!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

11. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    And sit down you can have the world when I'm done with it... Lod-Reh the Supreme Overlord!

"There is only power, and those too weak to seek it."

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Akaria, you asked where the money is. In todays RM Telegram editorial, there was a write up about how this week our elected officials shot down a proposal that would have decreased prices on prescription drugs. Guess why is was shot down: lobbyests for the drug companies agreed to donate more money to certain elected officials campaign funds. NOTHING burns me up more than our elected crooks,er, officials.

13. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I agree on the point that "political lifers" should be outlawed. Once those people get entrenched in office they lose sight of where they come from... the question would be how do the few over throw the select few in politics to get "new blood" in office? Further food for thought... the electoral college was needed back in the day... however with today's communication it is useless... I say the government needs to trim a lot of "fat" from the meat.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

14. Akaria

Oct 8, 2003
    MMMMM trim the fat, the dogs will eat well tonight!

*******, money makes the world go round..... there has to be another way to do things. NO, what makes this world go around is us, the everyday person. I wish we could all revolt and turn this world upside down.

You know, I fear that if we did that, the only real change is the fact that someone else is in charge and they are the ones with power and the entire process happens all over again. God do you enjoy yourself when you watch us?

*sigh*
    "I would try suicide if only I could do it more than once."

15. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't know about "God" but I find it amusing...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

16. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Akaria, you have just summed up why the rest of the world hates us. Our slums tend to be better than most of the world's best neighborhoods, and we are more concerned about improving them than helping the rest of the world. At least one third of the world population can't read, and we are concerned about falling SAT scores.

As for war, it transcends that concept of good and evil. It is never that simple. The best we can hope for is us and them. If "they" are going to hate "us" no matter what we do, then we may as well do as we please. No, I don't think bombing a mosque is a good idea, but only because of the religious fervor it would spark in the moderate and liberal Moslem communities.

I've never fought in a war, or been a member of the military, so maybe it don't really have the right to comment on it. However, as the son of a Vietnam veteran, there is one thing I know well: If you're going to fight a war, don't do a half-assed job of it.
    If that means killing every last one of "them" to protect even one of "us" then so be it.

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow. AMEN to that one, brother.

Some excellent thoughts, folks. Very thought provoking. But I have to agree with Lodreh, and Entropy. If I was commanding a squad, and the insurgents were firing at me, killing my boys and my friends from inside a mosque, take one guess what I would do. You can rebuild a mosque, but not our American troops that are killed. Thats the bottom-line deciding factor for me, there.

18. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    we have another winner, folks...

hurry, hurry, hurry - three balls for one dollar..

19. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I also think that all the other middle eastern countries are watching what goes on in Iraq, and it could affect how they act in the future. Just a personal thought.

20. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    An uncle of mine was right around the corner basically from where all that stuff went down at, and we got a call from him a while later. He told us what had happened. So, I don't usually have a whole lot to say on War and stuff because my ideals completely clash with what everyone else's are, and that I wouldn't mind clinging to the past every now and then. I guess if it came down to it, I'd kill to preserve my future. Heck, I kill things all the time in D&D for the very same reason, but I know the difference between fiction, reality, and the past, and it's the past for a reason. I'd like to run a Katana through Sadaam or whoever needs it, really.But all that war is based on now is new age firearms and chemical weapons and nukes. Guys like me would die quickly in situations like todays. But back in the day...I'd die a little later on. Bottom line: This is all going to end one day, and restoration can begin. But until that day, more people are going to go down in history as Martyrs, and for those people, I salute you.

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Good points Shindo. People have argued against and for war forever. It all depends on how you look at things I guess. Its easy for me to sit here and say "Hell yeah, KILL EM ALL!!" But I'M not the one over there having to do it. Would I die for this country? Thats a tough question for me. I have always thought of myself as patriotic, but at the same time I am VERY cynical when it comes to our government(regardless of party.) If a bunch of wackos came into my yard HELL YEAH I would fight em to the end. But as far as doing what we are doing now, I just cant call it. The people who get to me the most are the entertainers like Johnny Depp and Gweneth Paltro who move overseas and bash this country, yet dont mind making LOTS of U.S dollars with their acting. If you dont like it, STAY THE HELL OVER THERE!

22. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    You know back in the day "Actor" was synonymous with "Prostitute"... given that I really don't care what an over paid "whore" thinks.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

23. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    AINT THAT THE TRUTH!! My wife is one that has to keep up with the entertainment world. Watches award shows, E!, etc. Then complains about how much pro ballplyers make.(which I agree is out of control)Whatever. I quite arguing with her about it. To many in the entertainment world take themselves WAY to seriously.

24. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Entertainment world sucks....

Long live StageFrightz Productions!!!!!!!!!!

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I sort of see it as if we dont stop them over there, they will bring it over here. That, I cant stand for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.