The Big Brother House In Review

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by deltron_zero, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
    Big Brother Week-in-Review (Week 6, July 28-August 4)
    Sunday

The week started out slowly. The weekly task (5) was given by epic, to make a radio station with a mascot (Beaker), a name, 4 threads (morning, afternoon, evening, late night), and a thread for people to send requests from. From that bloomed 5 threads, 4 of which started on...
    Monday
    The group chose to name our station the Big Brother Broadcasting Corp(BBBC). The 4 radio station threads started Tuesday were as follows:

All of these were hits, of course. Also, the mysterious intruder B'omarr came sweeping in with the thread I think I'm lost., and there will be more on this later.
    Tuesday
    Nothing happened except that
    Wednesday
    Wednesday was another... um, day. A new intruder, Jobo, entered the house with the thread Uhhh... what B'omarr said. He was supposed to enter along with B'omarr, but epic made a mistake. Jobo managed to successfully spam the BB house with 4 threads that day. The 4 radio threads continued to be posted in.
    Thursday
    More people posted in the 4 radios threads. Jobo started one or two more threads.
    Friday
    A new intruder arrived today, Jedi-Jade. She was welcome with open arms in her thread, You are being WATCHED!!!! which spawned 24 replies. Otherwise, more people just posted in the threads. Yeeeep.
    Saturday
    epic decided to torture both the intruders and the normies with the thread The Intruders arrive... by not telling us intruders OUR PURPOSE!!!! The thread BBBC Presents: The Wrap Up Show by deltron_zero began the sad end to the radio program. Thanks for "listening" folks!
    _jOBO
    EDIT: Fixed title.
    EDIT2: Added the epic Intruders thread.
    EDIT3: Fixed title on the intruders thread.
  2. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
    There, anybody have problems with it?
    _jOBO
  3. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Nice job jobo.

Do you pronounce that job-o(like I work at my job - o)

or

jo (as in joe) bo (as in Bo Jackson)?
  4. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
  5. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Excellent work Tombo! :D

Yes, it really did take me three edits to perfect this post. [face_blush]
  6. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
    I editted it again to include epic's The Intruders haver arrived... thread.
    _jOBO
  7. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Week 7 in Review: August 4th - August 11th

Sunday
    This is the day our wonderful banner, created by Kerryn, officially went up. During the afternoon, everyone relaxed in the hot tub and chatted. It was discovered we had amassed about 10,000 points and discussion began on what to do with them. It was a fairly lazy day

Monday
    We awake to find that Derek had been evicted and we said our sad goodbyes. We were assigned Day Task #5 which we quickly set to work on. After that it was back to the hot tub for more relaxation.

Tuesday
    Tom posted the finished product of our work on Day Task #5: The Complete Big Brother House Index, a categorized list of all the threads created thus far. epic annouced our Weekly Task #6, which was to make threads of both a fun and serious nature, and play a certain amount of online games. Partway through the organization, we decided we only wanted to wager 1% and take a break this week. epic then changed the task around to make it a little easier.

Wednesday
    Threads for the Weekly Task started popping up.

Drugs. Your opinions., posted by Erik
    Trouble in the Middle East, posted by Casper
    Anyone want to play a game?!?!, posted by Jen
    History thread (Ancient and Modern, Empires, Dictators, etc), posted by Tom

We played a few games which was enough to make Casper decide he never wanted to go back to the hell -hole that is Yahoo! Games. Week 6 Nominated HMs were announced and the evening was spent in the hot tub.

Thursday
    Points Rewards and Intruder Evictions were announced. It was decided that we wanted colours and titles for a week and to have a houseguest over. That's about it.

Friday
    Meg started another thread for the Weekly Task: The Universe and Beyond (Other planets, solar systems, life?). Tom and Meg decided they are hippies, Tashi stared down death by taking her little sister out for a driving lesson, and Tom and Bo realized they were long lost relations.

Saturday
    Jen opens The Big Brother Bar. We are informed that Jen is the evicted intruder. Erik requested to see everyone's Desktop and everyone hung out by the pool.

Sunday
    Another lazy day by the pool discussing our weekends. Casper and Meg posted their task threads about the most fun they've ever had: Casper in Sugarsweet Land and The most fun I've ever had - The Blue Lagoon. Tom alerted us to 10,000 Posts of Big Brother and Casper farted.

That about wraps up Week #7, folks! Join us next week to see who's lef
  8. Debo Chosen One

star 5
  9. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks guys!

I sat down to do it last night and I realized I had no idea how to even go about beginning it.
  12. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
  13. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
    Big Brother Week-In-Review (Week 8, August 11-August 17)
    Sunday
    This was already covered by Jedi Speewwy in our last update, right here.
    Monday
    Our guest, cbjedi popped in for a visit, greeting us in his thread, Hello :). B'omarr amused us all (as usual) in his thread My vacation recap (hilarity ensued). Other than that, the group just sat around chatting, waiting for epic to give us our Weekly Task.
    Tuesday
    epic gave us the WEEKLY TASK #7. We were required to post in that thread once (at least) every hour of the week. cbjedi left us all with heavy hearts in his departure thread, Thanks for letting me stay the night. :). Silmarillion recounted an old memory with her thread, More fun than you can poke a stick at.
    Wednesday
    In his thread, Task Additions:, epic announced a one-day task for the weekly, which was to only post in the thread and to speak like pirates! Also, today was the most important day ever: Jobo turned two! yay! In his thread, 2 years of Jobo (Link-heavy Anniversary), the house celbrated the event.
    Thursday
    Ye Olde Muleface happened. That's about it. Oh yeah, epic announced the nominees in the thread Week 7 Nominated HMs are....
    Friday
    Some threads were made.... then some... uh, stuff happened. Yeah.
    Saturday
    The road goes ever on...
    That wrapped up the week. We chatted and had fun. Yep.
    Now, a few presents:
    [image=http://216.40.241.68/contrib/edoom/spacecraft.gif]
    [image=http://www.thegeekhost.com/shmoou/awing.gif]
    [image=http://216.40.241.68/contrib/edoom/microwave.gif]
    [image=http://ed-3.com/darklords/rock_band.gif]
    _jOBO
  14. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great job, Bo! We owe ya... :D I love the work you did with the formatting.
  15. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
  16. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
  17. Debo Chosen One

star 5
  18. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    That was the week that was
    It's over, let it go
    Started way above par, finished way below

On Sunday, we talked and talked in the tub
    On Monday, Weekly Task 8 turned up
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, about sisters and pets
    Friday and Saturday, drawings and dreams
    And somewhere we discovered, things are not what they seem!

It's over, let it slide
    We took it easy, it took us for a ride

On Monday, who composes the Triad of Cool?
    On Tuesday, a story about a bikini and a pool
    On Wednesday, should the US attack Iraq?
    On Thursday, Bo left , but will he be back?

It's over, let it go
    It started on a high but ended on a low

On Monday, chat robots, and and a day in the life
    On Tuesday, where to go for a man and his wife
    On Wednesday, Jobo needed a Force.Net address
    On Thursday, we had jp-30 as our guest
    On Friday, the Gauntlet, at which Casper sucks
    But so does Kerryn, ah, it's all about luck

It's over, let it slide
    It started off well, but something turned the tide

On Monday, the Internet, pets hit by a car
    On Tuesday, favourite songs
    and who to nominees are
    On Wednesday, nothing doing, or I don't think there was
    On Thursday, minerals, abortion in Oz
    On Friday, and childhood ambitions and travelling in time
    Some chats at the the lounge with which nothing rhymes!

It's over, let it go
    It started way above par, finished way below

Monday, time for Watson to go
    Tuesday, the JC's end was a low
    Thursday, twin towers and talkshow hosts
    Friday, crazy dads and [link=h
  19. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    //claps

Bravo! Magnificent! Encore!!

20. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Absolutely wonderful Casper! :) :D :)
  21. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thank you so much, Casper. You did a wonderful job. :)
  22. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    The Big Brother House In Review
    25th August - 1 September
    Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
    That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

/>
    Sunday
    I celebrated my 24th birthday in style with Casper promising me a cake I could see from space (more updates to come in that regard!)

Monday
    Our 2 month anniversary came and went! Not to be confused with our 2 moth annivesary which occurred as well.

We also farewelled Dark_Lord_Erik in less than stellar circumstances, but I hope we've all forgiven and forgotten and moved on.

Tuesday
    Kerr_Plunk was our honoured guest for a few days! She contributed such marvels as The Poet Tree and The Picnic! We loved having her around. Thanks for bringing such warmth to our little corner Laurie!

We found out that George was Meg's favourite Beatle and Tom's Dad bought him Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on vinyl for his 5th birthday.

Since we discovered we're all so amazingly talented BB threw down the Gauntlet and posted our Weekly Task: to provide 2 pieces of art for the rest of the JC to judge. You can see the results of our fantastic, dazzling talent here. And we're modest too! BB delivered the bad news that Meg, Tashi and Tombo were up for eviction this week.

Wednesday
    Meg took a slight detour from the house visiting relatives in Ontario and Tom discovered Big Foot wandering around our humble abode. After a brief debate about the nature of the universe between Casper, Laurie and I, Casper told us he had "some big things to do tomorrow" and we all went to sleep expecting short-sheeted beds in the morning.

Thursday
    Casper showed his amazing prowess with word games (or his determination to go through every profile on the JC) to win our own game Catch the Fox! Word on the outside from the JC contestants were that we were just "out of their league." Big Brother phoned me and told me of his computer woes. We sympathised, then threw the smallest party this house had ever seen. We're still trying to get the cheese out of the carpet in the living room.

Tashi told us she was going on tour! All the best Tashi!

Friday
    Tom did his best Sauron impression while Casper countered with the Wazzup dude. We were almost ready to say "gangstaaaah in th/>/>
  23. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Beautiful work Kerryn! :D
  24. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    Excellent, K.

Casper saved the day again by telling us about the amazing amphibian he had made friends with. We're looking into the fact that there was a quantity of mushrooms missing from the kitchen that morning.

LOL. It was the frog!
  25. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Week in Review: September 2nd to September 8th

Sept 2nd

Tom started the (WT#8)(Day 3)*Dreams* thread, where many of us discussed our strangest subconscious adventures, which Casper enthusiastically interpreted.

After a short hiatus, epic came back into the house, with his thread, Big Brother's Back. It was met with a round of hestitant applause. :p

That very same day, epic stunned the house with the announcement of a double eviction. Sadly, we parted ways with both Tashi and Tombo . :( Tash left us a beautiful good-bye note.

Exactly a week ago, Kerryn did her own House in Review synopsis. I hope mine does it justice! [face_blush]

We also posted in the "Ode To The Lost Housemates" thread, a farewell homage to both Tashi and Tombo.
    [image=http://home.wanadoo.nl/ae.vdhoek/Big%20Wallpapers/Rurouni%20Kenshin%20Wallpaper%201.jpg]

epic announces what were are to expect from the final 2 weeks of Big Brother. It's a melancholy realization that we are drawing near to the end.

Sept 3rd

We finished off posting our submissions in the Questions topic.

Sept 4th

Tom and Meg both posted pictures in the the padded room.
    [image=http://www.wordpool.co.uk/images/frog.GIF]

Tom was also feeling a bit down, so Casper decided to cheer him up with a thread: Tommy Boy! This Way!. It was a very sweet, emotional gesture. :D
    [image=http://www.hkgga.org.hk/HappyBee/Happy%20Bee%20Final-4.jpg]

Sept 5th

Kerryn wished a big "Happy Birthday" to Scott and Brian in the Messages to the outside World thread.

epic announced the Week 10 Nominations: Meg, Kerryn and Tom. Casper won the art showcase, and avoided the peril! :)

Cow_Girl came and visited us for a day, posting a thread to say hello. She was a great gal, and we enjoyed her stay, even though it was short.

Sept 6th

Casper updated the things to do checklist thread, and Bithysith volunteered to do the week-in-review (it was about time!).

Casper also gave us a wonderful surprise with his art in Return to Pepperland. We were all blown away, and Bithy added her pic to her profile!
    [image=http://www.speaking-of-witch.com/starwars/ys_bb1.jpg]

The Hot Tub got even hotter when it was inundated with a bunch of posts and pictures. We all kind of let loose.
    [image=http://www.mostlyjunk.com/farside/images/brain.jpg]

We started answering each other's questions in the Answers thread. Quite an interesting, and illuminating read. :D

Sept 7th

Tom did a spect
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.