main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The big moment is coming . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Heres my two cents... Dark Jedi and Sith are two very different things... Palpatine was indeed a Sith lord. Tarkin more than likely knew this. However, I believe that Vader was not a Sith, but a Dark Jedi. And, when you really get down to it, to the average person, a Sith is just a glorified Jedi with a religion backing him up... The differences are on a technical level. So, even if Vader is considered a Sith, he began his life as a Dark Jedi.

2. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    Ill agree with you up till Dark Lord. After this point vader becomes more and more ingrained in the teachings of the sith rather than sheer jedi gone angry.

But during the events of RoTS, yes, vader was only a dark jedi despite his title.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Neither really, only that its possible to take the quote from ANH both ways without anything else to put it into any real context, as calling Vader the last Jedi isn't necessarily ruling out knowing that Palpatine was a Sith (as, after all, Palpatine wasn't a Jedi, only Vader).

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Well, there's the outfit, complete with the snazzy brooch. And Thrawn does have an eye for art...

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Oh, you meant after Palpatine declares himself Emperor. My mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.