The "Big NW/NE Blackpool Meet Up" Thread

Discussion in 'North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/BlackpoolTower_OwlofDoom.jpg]

Since theres been talk about doing a joint meet in Blackpool and also in Whitby.
    So I thought I'd start the prep for Blackpool. As theres going to be a lot on this year the best time would be some time at the end of the year, which is also when the Blackpool Illuminations are on (31 August - 4 November 2007) But we could always do it in 2008

I think to do this would be best done over a weekend as there is a load of things we could do there, but if people just want to make it a one day thing then we can go down that path. I have looked into a possible place to stay though, Blackpool Central which is just round the corner from Blackpool Pleasure Beach

When I was looking for somewhere to eat I did find this place which looked good.

Places to go and things to do:

Sealife Centre
    The Solaris Centre-Centre for Environmental Action
    Grundy Art Gallery
    Stanley Park
    Blackpool Tower
    The Sandcastle
    The Piers
    Doctor Who Museum
    Plus there is so much more that I could list....

2. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Looks good Coz. I'm up for anything, so I'll just keep an eye on this and see if I can make it when we decide on a date.
    I like the look of the eating place too!
  3. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well we've got loads of time to work a date so it's all good :)

When I was looking for a place that did meat and veggie dishes, I saw that and thought it would be worth checkijng out.
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Thanks for doing all the research, Cozmic.

I'd personally prefer a summer meet-up if we do Blackpool. We can hang out and enjoy the Sun and not have to wrap up warm. And it would have to be 2007 :p I don't wanna wait till 2008 ;)

But, if we do Blackpool in the summer, would anyone want to do Whitby first, or would they prefer it for after Blackpool?
  5. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
    Your welcome Sie :) Summers good but I was worried about it being to near to CE and I didn't want them to clash at all. Thats why I thought we should go with a later date, you'd get to see the Blackpool Illuminations that way.

Not really bothered if we do Whitby first, never been so it be nice to go there.
  6. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    They do great fish and chips. That will have to be one of the highlights of the trip :p
  7. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
    I thought it was the law that you'd had to have fish and chips at a seaside town :p
  8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  9. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now thats one law I can live with :p
  10. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep, I'm obviously up for a Blackpool meet - but none of that Harry Ramsden muck :p
  11. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Well, Fish n Chips for Whitby. Blackpool we can something else nice and junk foodish :p

*waits for Tim to suggest curry* :p
  12. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh we can have fish and chips in Blackpool, but proper stuff :p Harry Ramsdens has gone posh and expensive. Give me seedy with newspaper print hehe

Most chippies do curry - curry and chips is veggie :D
  13. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Oh yes, that is the best way. No way would I go to a fish'n'chip place to actually sit down and eat there.
  14. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
    Harry Ramsden's ain't that good anyway, they don't do group bookings there and the menu sucks.

Nothing wrong with a proper chippy :p
  15. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Exactly! So no Harry Ramsdens!! :p
  16. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
  17. christmas-cozmic Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.