main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Big Revelation

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ghost_Jedi, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    This idea came to me a few days ago while I was reading through a couple of different threads. I haven?t had the time to write it, until earlier today while I was at work. The scene that I am describing, and the other scenes that I mention are based purely upon speculation that can be found throughout the iii nsa Boards. Also to Stinrab & Mace, I know there is a thread similar to this a while ago; however I want to take a fresh look at this. So please don?t lock this, and tell me where to go.

Any way, quick background information as to where the scene is, chronologically speaking.

First the Separatists threat has ended, and Dooku is dead at the hands of Anakin. Dooku?s death scene is eerily reminiscent of the throne room scene from rotj, but with one major difference. Anakin succumbs to the dark side killing Dooku full of rage and hate. And unlike in aotc where he is remorseful after he slaughters the Tusken Village, he has no remorse and is embracing the power the dark side has given him. The Jedi do realize that there is something troubling Anakin and his flirtation w/ the dark side; they do not however realize how far he has fallen into the dark side.

Also following the death of Dooku, in one of the final skirmishes, the droid army of the tf, are either wiped out destroyed by the clone army, or mysteriously shut down all at once. I am not sure which is cooler, or better for the story. The Jedi think they have won. However the Clone Soldiers turn on the Jedi. The scene could end w/ Luminara Unduli escaping at first, and then send a message to the Jedi Council. However, half way through her message she is interrupted by attacking Clone Soldiers, possibly ARC Soldiers, in a scene similar to the way Obi was interrupted by the droidekas on Genosis.

Now to the scene itself:

Mace is shown walking into Palpatine's Office, where Chancellor Palpatine is sitting at his desk.

Mace: Chancellor Palpatine, there is a great danger; we must get you to safety.

Palps: What is this danger you speak of.

Mace: It is the Army of the Republic, something has gone wrong with them, they have started firing upon the Jedi.

Mace: That is not the only thing.

Palps: What is it Master Windu?
    (as he turns around to look outside his window)

Mace: It is Anakin; we do not know where he is and fear for his well being.

Palps: I know where Anakin is. And as for the troops, there is nothing wrong with them, as they are doing everything that I Have planned them to do. Isn?t that right my apprentice?

Anakin: Yes it is My Master.
    (As Anakin steps out of the shadows)

Palps: Over 1,000 years ago the Sith were in control of the galaxy. They ruled through their will. However the Jedi ended this reign, and they thought they ended the Sith. But we never truly went away.
    (Palpatine?s face starts to morph, from what is face in the Senate, to a face more similar to rotj. Mace realizes what is happening, and who the Sith Master has been the entire time, and it was not Dooku)

*Mace:
    Master Sifo-Dyas . .

Palps: Instead we waited. We waited for our moment to strike. We waited for the time that the galaxy was rotten. A time that it no longer relied upon the Jedi, or for what the Jedi stood for. A time for the Jedi Code to be rejected by Jedi themselves. A Time for the Sith to re-take their rightful spot atop the galaxay.
    A time that I planned. It was I that ordered the clones. It was I that erased Kimino from your database. And when you took away my prized pupil, I took away yours.
    Now Anakin, show Master Windu how strong in the Force you truly are when you accept the Way of the Sith.

(with that, light saber battle ensues)

How & Why it Works:

1. If GL wants to do an Early Trilogy about the events way before Anakin and Yoda, as been suggested instead of a ft he can pique interest through Palps? speech. As was Leia?s passing reference about the Clone Wars help

2. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Interesting, but I doubt Lucas will be going that route. I don't think Sifo-Dyas is going to be a major plot point. It is pretty obvious that Dooku just posed as him to order the clone army. The Kaminos would have no idea who Sifo-Dyas actually was.

I also think it focuses on too many minor subpoints. Lucas only has a couple of hours to finish the story. There are many more important points that need to be resolved. I think this movie is going to focus mainly on the main players of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, and Yoda.

3. Blyte_the_Noghri

Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    Personally, I really like this idea. It also sets up Palps to claim that Mace and the jedi tried to assasssinate him, but that anakin got there in the nick of time to save him. If the public is doubtful of this accusation, he then begins to show how the jedi "controlled" both sides of the war--through Dooku and the droid army and Syfo-Dyas and the Clone army. He then uses his new Senate approved power to outlaw the jedi council and make them all fugatives (hence, why the Clonetroopers are attacking jedi now). It all fits nicely. Great theory!

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I like the fact that Palps reveals himself to Mace - I think I've argued for the same thing, although the revelation could be to Obi-Wan or Yoda, or any combination of them.

I think it's cool how Anakin has "disappeared" from the Jedi, but has been with Sid the entire time.

I don't know about the changeling aspect - would this truly serve to hide his Force presence from the Jedi?

Why bother having Sidious ALWAYS having his hood cover his face when he could look like anyone?

And I agree it's much simpler to have Dooku either be Sifo-Dyas or have killed Sifo-Dyas.

I believe GL said (or maybe it was Pablo on the OS boards) that we should be able to figure out the Sifo-Dyas mystery already - it's a minor plot point.

The fact that Dooku openly spoke about the Jedi Archives in the Geonosis ARena points to this as well.

And the part about the Jedi "abandoning" the Code? Didn't they only do that with Anakin?

Still, I like the scene - all it needs now is an "everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen". :D

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    it focuses on too many minor subpoints it focuses on too many minor subpoints

I actually think it helps sets up a couple of situations, and helps resolves a few questions:

1. Mace's Death
    We all know that he is going to death, and as Star Wars is largely based on mythology, and a myth itself, deaths usually serve as symbolism. I believe that Mace's death is the symbolic end to the Jedi Council. Now the question arises where does this happen: What better place than Corsucant: the heart of the Republic and the hub of the soon-to-be-Empire.

From here we could have that high flying duel between Mace and Anakin. Maybe even have it go into the underbelly of the city, such as the sewer mains, or where the power is flowed.

2. Final Phase of Anakin's Fall
    Surely Yoda, and possibly Obi, had to know that Anakin was full of rage. And I am sure that he didn't make a quick decision and decided on a whim, but rather contemplated for a bit. So where were the Jedi to help him? Out of reach, as Palpatine had him isolated, so that he couldn't be saved.

3. Face/Off
    I don't know about the changeling aspect - would this truly serve to hide his Force presence from the Jedi?

Why bother having Sidious ALWAYS having his hood cover his face when he could look like anyone?

If you re-watch tpm, Palps looks little bit different than Sidious. Why? And he defitenly looks different in rotj, more than just 20 yrs of aging? I am just offering a possible answer. Speculate, I will.

4. Motive
    This just reenforces how evil Sidious truely is. What makes Sids so unique compared to other on-screen villians is patience. He simply waits, plans, and have things go his way. Truely psychotic.

5.Plans
    "A time that I planned"
    Fits nicely w/ Dooku's quote at the end of aotc, and Palps quote to Luke in the throne room during rotj.

~Side Note~ After some ponderance, maybe change Palps quote from 'a time' to 'an age':

Instead we waited. We waited for our moment to strike. We waited for an age that the galaxy was rotten. An agethat it no longer relied upon the Jedi, or for what the Jedi stood for. An age for the Jedi Code to be rejected by Jedi themselves. An age for the Sith to re-take their rightful spot atop the galaxay.
    An age that I planned. It was I that ordered the clones. It was I that erased Kimino from your database. And when you took away my prized pupil, I took away yours.
    Now Anakin, show Master Windu how strong in the Force you truly are when you accept the Way of the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.