main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX The BIG secret of AOTC...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by old-master, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Okay, I have waited for someone else to post these, but alas, I must take the topic! Did anyone else see the Death Star in AOTC coming!? I was a spoiler nut, and I heard nothing on the existance of a Death Star in AOTC. I was shocked to see it! And I wondering why this came about...
    So, what does these mean for the PT and the SW universe has a whole? Is the Death Star going to be in EpIII? Does this bother anyone else?
    So, does these mean, that the DS was operation before ANH, or will this be adjusted in the final versoin for the DVD? Or did Lucas include this has a hint of the true origins of the DS and how it was built?
    I watched ANH to see clues...and it seems that when the Emperor dissolves the Senate, and turns control over to the regional governors, that are in his pocket, that the DS is a symbol of the Sith, ie the Empire's power. But I always thought that the DS was built in Reponse to the Rebel Alliance...hhmm, So, now I turn the floor over to you....

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Well, think about it. The Sith are trying to subdue the galaxy. They understand that symbolism of fear is their greatest weapon. They're merely thinking ahead.

And I don't think you have to worry about seeing the Death Star in Ep. III. A project like that would likely take almost 20 years to finish, especially because nothing like it had ever been attempted before. Even in ANH, they were saying that the station was just now operational.

Yes, I know it only took a few years to build the second one, but wouldn't logic dictate that a second one would be far easier to build when the plans were established, and resources and manpower was much more readily available at the Empire's height of power?

That's pretty much my theory on it. The Death Star might be just starting construction in Episode III, but I don't think we'll see it in use.

3. HoboZuckuss

HoboZuckuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Yea, I was suprised and excited to see the Death Star plans in AOTC. An "Ooo! I know what that is!" kind of excitment.

I wouldn't be suprised to see it in Episode III mostly because of Ben Kenobi's reaction to it in ANH when the first see it from the Millenium Falcon. He didn't seem to suprised if you ask me and he certinley didn't see anything about it on Geonosis.

I also remember them not calling it the Death Star but something along the lines of "The Ultimate Weapon". That to me kinda hinted that we'd see more of it in Episode III if only some more plans.

There's my two cents worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.