main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC The 'Big V' Pub and Local. (brought to you by the bartenders from the Mandalore Dump.)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Because (and this is insider knowledge!) the Australian suppliers didn't buy enough stock to distribute evenly amongst most sellers in Victoria. Sydney got a heap. Jerks. I'll keep harrassing the inventory people at work

Oooh, that explains it! Thanks for that info!
    BTW, Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles) is starring in Bleak House on the ABC :)

Never! Well, no. I lie. Christmas, probably. Seeing as they don't show Sliders or Stargate then [face_geek]

I think I gave up on Sliders when Jerry and Charlie O'Connell started merging into one person...but Doctor Who returned tonight! Yay for David Tennant!

And you know, they're hot.

Oh, yes. Yes, they are. Saw Superman Returns today...and the new Superman is also very, very hot.

Yes, one voter; 16,472 votes. A slight anomaly?

I'm most impressed! Here, you may partake of this 400, 000 pound turnip!

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope you had to haggle for it.

3. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    I must be lucky then... I got a copy of 'Betrayal' from Borders about a month ago. Minotaur didn't have any stock, when I went past to see if I could do any impulse book buys (Babylon 5 Literature) a week later.

The Frankston Line is not freaky okiday? Well at least not until you hit Carrum :p

4. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Which Borders?!

Minotaur is full of scary people dressed in black who like to stomp down the ramps :p

5. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    Borders at Melbourne Central.

6. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Oh- I checked there last week but they didn't have any. Maybe I can order it in- thanks for the info!

7. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I don't wear black all the time and I definitely don't stomp :p

Also: Dan, I would never EVER disrespect Savers. That would be like biting the hand that clothes me!

8. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Minotaur is too over priced to be taken seriously! I love window shopping there but I rarely buy there.

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Minnows is more eye candy than actual shopping outlet; borders is usually reliable, ie. I walk in there at the end of may and find betrayal right where I want it et al.

when does bloodlines come out?

10. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I love the JB-HiFi dvd sales at times, find some real bargains

11. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Australia is cold and I like it. Good to be back in the blessed land. So, in closing, war, et al.

12. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Excellent, i knew my cold weather machine was going to work well. Only thing is that its side effects are extreme heat back here :p

13. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Buenos Noches my Melbourne Bothers and Sisters.
    How are things? It's really tropical and humid here. Thankfully I spend my days in an overly air conditioned bookstore. I taught pre-school and ran summer camps for 10 years before that.
    Much appreciation for my new career.
    Hey - just wanted to let you know that tequila and twiglets complement each other well - i offered some to VanBlayde
    but I haven't heard back yet.......

14. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    HA. Hahahahahahaha. Bothers. They SURE ARE

Also, I may or may not have sung a kareoke version of 'Highway to Hell' and dedicated it to you guys. I can't remember. Someone was plying my goodself with blacklabel milk. YOu know, the kind that has EVILS in it.

Oh Danny boy, the pipes. THE PIPES!

They're calling.

You know it.

15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
  16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    So for all of you, i have a mission.

Skate, Kane, even you Boogie, someone is comming to visit you. I'm not sure who she's all going to meet, but i know she's meeting up wit p0tt0z while she is there. NaboosPrincess is comming for a visit.

You all need to show her a good time, and make sure she samples the local styles of "milk"

:D

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    We do in fact have a thread dedicated to that particular cause, Thoky-thok. :p

Oh yeah! Does anyone want to come see my band? We are playing in Melbourne finally! On August the 13th, at Drifters Alibi, Port Melbourne!

18. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    YES. Absolutely Danny boy, I shall be there with pipes...I mean, bells on. :D

As for you Thokkity, Master, Sir. Go here

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't know much about the venue. Anyone been there? It looks a little pubish on the website, but eh, it's a venue.

20. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I was browsing on a wonderful website called "YouTube" this morning, and stumbled accross something sweeter than all hell.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AC3bqyq9QQY

Its by far the most graphic intensive SW game i've ever seen. What ya all think?

21. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    That's awesome! I'm assuming it's set between Episodes III and IV?

It reminds me of when I used to play Jedi Outcast- I'd equip Katarn with full Force powers, then load up a level full of stormtroopers- just for the simple pleasure of smashing them against bulkheads, Force-choking them and swinging their bodies to knock over their comrades.

Love that bit where he bounces the stormtrooper up and down like a basketball, then smashes him into an incoming TIE fighter. Tee hee hee...

22. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    You scare me sometimes :p

That being said AWESOME

23. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Tres cool. I remember way back when with Jedi Outcast, I'd map the buttons so that I pushed someone I was holding in a grip about ten metres in the air and send them packing. :D Good times...

24. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Jan 18, 2001
    =P~

25. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Let's hope it is better than Academy. That said, those graphics were awesome.

Actually, I don't care if it is better than Academy, as long as they port it to Nintendo Wii. :cool:

Also, was that from Hyperspace??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.