main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Big XII anniversary (ie: Tunick tries not to get that sappy)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Nov 24, 2012.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've been struggling with precisely on how to open this thread, because there have been two excellent (and I doubt very much this one will reach to that level) anniversary threads already this week, I've used Cheers as an analogy for this place too many times now, and Andrew posted a damned good thread (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...fore-we-go-any-farther-to-thank-you.50005112/) on the first of this month that was well written/sums quite well on how niiiiiiiiice (well, great) this place is. I hadn't planned on making a 12th anniversary thread, but I had a real crummy Thanksgiving (ended up spending the night by myself, eating by myself... it's my absolute favorite holiday of the year), but rather than to have completely mellow in that negativity, I've been reflecting again on my time here. Despite all of my miscues, stubbornness (particularly on the forum merging issue from earlier this year) , and a proclivity to be a schmuck, it's been a real plus/honor in my life to a part our community, no matter what exactly that part is (maybe more like Paul in Cheers rather than Norm). Yes, there will be some name dropping below, and if you don't see your name there, it's not a slight on my part... I either don't know you that well or my brain has been rattled enough today due to the Black Friday madness as to have lead to moments of forgetfulness to occur (which always seems to be the case in which name dropping in threads). Anyways...

Jack Nicholson Conference

[​IMG]

The Yori Saneyoshi "I actually go to more Laker games per season than Jack does" divison

jp-30: Despite all the good alcohol you're able to get over there in New Zealand, it's too bad getting Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada is difficult, if not outright impossible to find. Your take on arguments pertaining to SW canon is something I've always remembered for many years.

Armenian_Jedi: On Thanksgiving Day, I helped a customer at work who happened to have been named Armen, and I immediately thought of the time you told me that I've been pronouncing my name wrong (for basically my entire life) at that Armenian festival out here in the Valley, back in July of 2008. Thanks for putting up with my occasional text messages, and for being a great Armenian in general (specifically what you do in regards to raise awareness about the Armenian Genocide). And I just know you put a hex on Steve Nash, hence his injury on Halloween that's kept him for playing significantly for the Lakers this season. :p

solojones: I know you're likely sick of me trying to get you to get interested in baseball, but a certain (treasured) baseball stadium is located really close to Griffith Park area that could make for an interesting experience if you ever decide to go there. And since you missed out on the John Williams concert this past September, I hope you can make to the The Hobbit screening at midnight at Grauman's (since ZAP, Mike and PRENN will also be there).

Dark Lady Mara: Beth, I think you're the only person here who either likes my beard or isn't disgusted by it. :p Thanks for lending an ear for when I needed from time to time over the years, and I hope for continued success & happiness in your marriage.

DarthIntegral, Darth McClain, s65horsey, xblackout, RX_Sith, Rox, Juliet316, LloydChristmas, Trika_Kenobi, Todd the Jedi, Rew, Rogue...Jedi, Point Given : Many, many thanks for helping to make The Arena a splendid forum/tab post in/under. In particular, Tyler/Nate/Lisa's love for football (soccer) is quite a splendid thing.

[​IMG]

The Norm Pattiz division

harpuah: Kristie, I know it's a cliche to say this, but I've been truly happy to have known you much better this year than in years past. You're very much an asset to this community.

Souderwan: I hope to be able to drink Red Stripe with you in person someday Brian, and have a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice debate about Kobe, LeBron, and political matters. Until then, I very much like your idea of using Skype during a possible Lakers/Heat Finals next June.

tom: You may not be able to join me anymore in the smoking section of a possible spaceship, but at least you could still join me for some PBR. When I'm drunk, I don't get the bi-curious blues. :p

Lowbacca_1977: I would hope that another trip to Bob's Big Boy is in store for after we see The Hobbit, for I've had much fun each time we've been there this year.

yankee8255: I really, really hope Notre Dame beats USC out here in La La Land today, because that greatly (if not assure them) a spot in the National Championship game, and I just know how much you would enjoy that.

MASTERPRENN: Going to hookah with me in Westwood (if we ever get around to doing that) might not be as fun as bar/club hopping is with SLG, but it would be cheaper, and you can taunt me about the Giants. :p Speaking of that baseball team...

...Lord Vivec, Coruscant: Two titles in three years for the Giants is very, very impressive & it makes so, so jealous.

JoinTheSchwarz: Gasoooooooooooooooooooooooooooool (Pau) is one of my all time favorite Lakers (and is quite interesting to follow on Twitter), so I thank Spain for helping to produce him. :p

[​IMG]

Dodger Stadium Conference

[​IMG]

The Vin Scully division

Boba_Fett_2001: What's likely to happen first: The Simpsons stops airing or a Toronto sports team wins a major pro title?

AaylaSecurOWNED: If I were to join OUR Walmart, and got into legal issues with Wally World, could you be my lawyer?

rhonderoo, DT421: Even if they did beat the Lakers last night, I'm glad to see that the window of contention for the Grizzlies hasn't closed yet.

AmazingB: How would you feel if that CitiField apple (you know the one) was a green instead of red?

PrincessKenobi, Sebulba-X: I was very, very happy to see Reggie Miller (should have happened when he first became eligible) finally get inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame earlier this year. The Pacers are in town to play the Lakers next week, just like they were at about this time in 2010. A slightly odd coincidence.

Eeth-my-Koth: Daddy? Daddy?! [face_clown]

dp4m: THOSE DAMN YANKEES (for re-signing Kuroda).

[​IMG]

The Dennis Gilbert division

imperial_dork I can only imagine how great the alcohol selection will be for your wedding.

The SK's: Juli, BaronFel88, Robin, A Chorus of Disapproval, FORCEFED, crackvader, Darth_Critter, Import_Jedi- Stay sarcastic my friends.

Darth Guy: Have you been watching/have caught up with the latest episode of Boardwalk Empire? What an episode!

mrsvos: How many Black Friday's have you worked in your life? I'm up to 8. :( :p

Others that I want to mention here: Handmaiden Yané, Jedi_Dajuan, Dingo, KnightWriter, lexu, Carmen, Sith-Lord-Gunray, Billy_Dee_Binks, Suzuki_Akira, Mar17swgirl, DarthLowBudget, STARBOB, Tony Jordan, swguru2004, gabe, anakinfansince1983, Katya Jade, Ossy, Healer_Leona, Dashy, big_boss_nass, timmoishere, Cathy, Cathy (Bauer), darth_gersh, Darth Dark Helmet, General Kenobi, Strilo, George Roper, Whitey, GrandAdmiraIJello, Jeff & Tracy, Grimby, MrZAP, hambone, Debo, MarcusP2, Miana Kenobi, ophelia, MORT, Kiki-Gonn, New_York_Jedi, Ender_Sai, Darth Morella...

...and

[​IMG]

To his excellency Barack Obama Conference

Jabba-wocky: The Empire Strikes Back is damned great film, and you know it.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Way to feed the troll. :p

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    zomg... multiple tag failures. :p

Congrats Tunick, you're a nutjob, but a lovable one.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    If only I knew there was a tag limit... damn it. :p

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think a lot of of the failures have to do with punctuation following the names.

6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Does... does he know that that's not all in red?

I imagine that Bob's, or something similar, will happen after Hobbit. Due to size of the crowd, this may be a "go down to IHOP" instead as that's only down the street from the Chinese on Sunset.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Dude, I've been drinking Sierra Nevada for the last month, and dude's importing me some Sam Adams. Sure I can't just go to the local bevmo and grab a 6-pack, but there's a local supplier.

Anyway, I love you man. Sometimes you annoy the **** out of me with the basketball and hockey crap*, but you're one of the real personalities here that makes this place what it is. To be honest, if we went to the same school or whatever, I would have never been your buddy, but this place removes those stigmas and stupid barriers, and my life is richer for knowing you.

Now, 2013, get a new job my friend.

* Baseball, I kid.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The @tagging was fine for those who really matter.

Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    12 years. Whoa. Congrats.

DarthTunick likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    FYI to inquiries about the OP: it wasn't meant to be posted in red.

Lowbacca_1977: I would assume/hope that the IHOP in question is open 24/7.

jp-30, harpuah: Many thanks for your kind words & friendship.

harpuah and jp-30 like this.
  11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Congrats Armen. One of these years you will make it to a Celebration!! [:D]

DarthTunick likes this.
  12. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009

Seriously, who is this guy? And hos have i not seen him?

13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Congrats, dude. Now go outside more!

MASTERPRENN, jp-30 and DarthTunick like this.
  14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I've never heard of him (?) either. Some semi-lurker I guess.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats on the anniversary Tunick!

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I can't believe I didn't even make it to the Arena list. Kiss my **** Armen.

Just joking. Now I made 7 years at Aussie Walmart before I got the heck out of there. It's time for you to do the same, or man up and follow the management stream. :p

DarthTunick and jp-30 like this.
  17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Congrats, Tunick! :)

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I have landmark fatigue ( :p ), but the JCC wouldn't be the same without you. :cool:

19. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Holy ****, 12 years! Congrats, Tunick, the JCC wouldnt be the same without you.

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Since this is called the Big XII, and there's all the sports parallels.... so this is your tenth year anniversary?

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Congrats Tunick. Boards wouldn't be the same place without you.

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Congrats, Armen. Glad that you got to try some pecan pie yesterday.

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Congrats on the anniversary, Tunick. :)

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Congrats Tunick!

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Congrats Tunick. :) I'm glad to know you; I'll second the "boards wouldn't be the same place without you." I'll have a Shock Top in your honor tonight.

DarthTunick likes this.