main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho THE BIGGEST FAN FILM SINCE KNIGHT QUEST!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey gang! Well, I've just got the word out about our new film idea and I'm more than a little excited. Here's some info. Jedi gave me from Idaho Falls:
    www.alpinegarrison.com/boards-I guesss this is the 501st website...might come in handy.
    Anyway, the word is out, now we just need to hope that some people will want in on the project!

2. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Here's the synopsis of the film:

Star Wars Fan Film
    Post-Attack of the Clones

Plot Summary:
    Count Dooku has come into knowledge of Darth Maul?s ship, the Sith Infiltrator. He has discovered that after the battle for Naboo, the ship was never recovered. Intrigued by this and wanting such a valuable ship for himself, he sends the bounty hunter BH to investigate. Upon finding the ship, BH finds evidence that Lord Maul was planning to overthrow Sidious and take control of the Federation armies for himself. He also discovers that Maul had secretly begun training a new dark Jedi named MT to help him. Not only this, but he also enlisted in the help of a dangerous new alien race named AR, which are strange beings with powerful connections to the Force. Mauls vision was to train this race into an army of Sith that he would later overthrow the Jedi with and claim Lordship over the universe.
    Dooku, after receiving news of this from BH, sends him off to the planet X, where he is determined to bring this alien race into the aid of the Separatists. Little does Dooku realize that two Jedi have recently become aware of his exploits via connections in underground Crouscant. This connection, CO, has informed the Jedi of Dooku?s recent new bounty hunter hire, and has sent two Jedi to investigate his deeds on Naboo. After a brief confrontation, BH escapes to planet X, while the Jedi investigate Mauls ship, discovering his plot not only against the Jedi, but also against a Sith Lord known as Darth Sidious. The two Jedi immediately contact the Republic and report to Anakin Skywalker, who tells them to investigate planet X. This is where all of our characters meet and do battle and the fate of the galaxy stands in the balance.
    NOTE: We have no official names yet so all the abbreviations are just temporary names uses.

3. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Possible Cast

Dark Jedi (Maul?s Apprentice): Marc Tucker
    Alien Padawan: Kasey Knowlton
    Luminara Unduli (Alien Master): Emily Jackson
    Count Dooku (Bckside/Hologram):
    Darth Maul (Hologram):
    Naboo Citizen 1:
    Naboo Citizen 2:
    Arc Trooper (Commander): Eric Roper
    Clone Trooper 1:
    Clone Trooper 2:
    Alien Race (about 5 to 10):
    Bounty Hunter:
    Crouscant Informant (Underground):
    Jedi Preston: ?
    Here's a lot of the parts we need filled!

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Everyone, BIG NEW! More than five people have volunteered there help with this project! People from Salt Lake to Oregon. We have effects, script writing, and costuming volunteers plus people looking to be extras in the film. This is great! I've also posted a thread at the alpine garrison for any and all those who have storm/clonetrooper costumes to step up and sign on...it's only a matter of time! "Everything is proceeding 'BETTER' than I had forseen."

5. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    you are keeping track of all of this, right? I was just on one of the boards and was set in a spin about all those we need to contact who want to help...

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    But isn't it incredible? I can't believe how much support we're getting...yes, I've got all the info...we need to talk. How about another meeting at Borders? What's good for you?

7. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    I'm sure this a liitle early in the process to be asking, but will I need to make a costume or will it be provided? The character is very intiguing and will be very exciting to play. You are aware that L.U. has a padawan already right? Anyways sounds like your off to a running start.

8. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    It sounds like you have lots of support. Does it really take 3 years to make one of these. Good luck and much success gentlemen!

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Jar Jar, I'm not sure about costuming yet. However, we are aware that your character has a padawan. However, we need to watch the Clone Cartoons to see what happens next. She may die, she may not be in it. All I know is, the official script can't be written until we've seen every last episode of this show. Be ready for Nov. 7th...and thank-you Cmd. The real question Cmd is are you ready to play the lead Arc Trooper?

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Actually she is in it along with her padawan Barriss Offee. So you better find out what is going to happen to them. Of course I can play a Cmdr. LOL!!!

11. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    I read the same thing, Cmdr. Just letting you know.

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    please tell me I get decapitated in this film.

13. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    That would cut off about 20 pounds of ugly fat. LOL!!

14. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    please tell me I get decapitated in this film.

Would you like to be? I'm sure we can write it in...

15. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Greetings everyone!

I've volunteered to do what I can to help in any aspect of this film, since I've got experience almost everywhere in the field (I forgot to mention, Kasey, that I've also got some experience in acting and costume/prop creation.) So hopefully I'll be able to give you guys a hand!

Anywho, just wanted to hop in and say hello and see what was going on in the Boise forum.

Ah, and Cmdr, as to your inquisition about "do these really take 3 years to make", it depends. I think currently the film that's been in production the longest is the Toy Wars series, which has been in production for nearly 5 or 6 years. I can't say how long the shortest a FanFilm has taken to make, but I'm sure it didn't end up too good. As with most things: Garbage in = Garbage out. So all of you should be prepared to have your life taken over by this project once it gets started (well, atleast the post guys.)

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be seeing a lot more of you guys!

16. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Good to hear from you again Derycke! I'll be sending you some stuff as it comes around. Like I said, the working script won't be done until after Christmas...at least in theory.

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Malcolm-If you don't mind, I'm just going to keep that extra piece of pcp pipe so that I can practice my saber handling. I did some today with two sabers. I figured since your character already has a complicated weapon (double-bladed saber) that we might as well mix things up a bit more. I've got some great idea's for moves. And if we really DID want to decapitate the Commander's character, with the move I worked today, it might be possible. Jar Jar-We need to get together and do some simple saber handling. I don't know if you've ever jousted or used a saber before, but your character is a very physical character, so if we are to be prepared, we must be in shape....ahhhhh!!!! I know, those dreaded words. I've already put on about five pounds and I'm growing in strength. It just takes patients (as Yoda says), and a Bowflex! Anyway's, I know Malcolm was going to schedule a lightsaber workshop soon, so let's keep our schedules relatively open, but I'm all for spur of the moment sessions, when is the soonest you guys can meet? Jar Jar, do you have a phone # yet??? So start practicing gang and let's give the fans something to drool over...Commander, are you experienced enough to use a Republic blaster? They are said to be very dangerous.

18. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Mmmm... working on the choreography already, guys? Heh, one of the best (or atleast funnest) parts of making the film lies right there. Unfortunately (well, kind of unfortunate, but not really) my FanFilm doesn't have any lightsabres in it to do some flashy stuff with. Only thing I recommend to you guys with the choreography: Try to make it as realistic as possible. With each move Fighter A makes to Fighter B, try and find the quickest way that Fighter B could kill A from their current position. If A would be killed and you don't want that to happen yet, go back and rethink the choreography until you find a way that makes it work. The one thing that bugs the choreography dweebs out there (which will be watching the fights in your film quite a bit, frame by frame, et cetera) the most is when they see that A could have killed B if instead of swinging at B's head, he had only swung at B's legs and brought the sabre up quickly to ensure B's disembowelment, or worse.

Hope that made sense and possibly gave you guys something to watch out for when it comes to the fighting :)

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Thanks for the tip bro.

20. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Hey Qui Gonn and Malcolm

Not only do I have you covered in the modeling department but I think I can get a near identical black dress for Jar Jar to wear. Looks to be her size? Anyways if you need it let me know, as I don't know how you plan to dress this character. I know I haven't been asked to help so if I am getting in the way let me know. As for the Repbulic Blaster, wait til you see the Arc Trooper Rifle.

21. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    Hey Guys

I am up for the part, but honestly haven't done alot of swordfighting or fencing. I would like to get with you guys to practice soon though. My work schedule is going to lighten up in early November, around the 10th, and then I should be able to practice and get ready. Qui Gonn could you PM me and give me some details you have decided about my character (i.e. does she die, ect.) I am very curious about what you have in mind. Could be helpful in deciding how I want to play the Character. Am I in shape? You'll see.

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I will testify to Jar Jar's physical fitness.
    Jar Jar thanks for the "Head" compliment.

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Malcolm, now that I'm back in good health, did you want to meet again on this and plan some more? I was thinking about planning a lightsaber cheography night (maybe at the Ezra center?) and also going over some of the smaller details again. Are you game?

24. JediSaxton

JediSaxton Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm still a bit on the sick side and am working on a few other film projects at the moment, so I'll keep you posted...

25. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    ya what the guy above me said... who is that anyway... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.