main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The biggest fault in AOTC was...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by blur75, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    how did terrious back up his statement apart from his own viewpoint of the film being dark?

That's all he needs. I took a film as art class. All the teacher ever wanted was what we thought of the film.

Has he gone down the "Dark Path" and employed critical reviews to his personal opinion?

He dose not need to add critical reviews for his opinon to be valid. It's valid because he saw the film.

2. Darth_Insidious

Darth_Insidious Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Randy: Nice, then we're done.

Roland: It's been my argument. While I've said that the same complaints can be found in both trilogies, they weren't prevalent enough in the OT to annoy critics, whereas in the PT they were. Establishing that OT reviews with PT-esque complaints can still label the film a good one overall shows that.

3. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    The definition of valid is "well-grounded or justifiable," which not all opinions are.

4. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The definition of valid is "well-grounded or justifiable," which not all opinions are.

But in the case of pop-entertainment, what one considers to be "well-grounded and justifiable opinion" is largely a matter of opinion itself.

5. Philip023

Philip023 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Dont be condescending to me thank you.

Oh come on, you started it. You said I had a big mouth. And then you continue on with statements like.....

I just made that statement because I couldnt care less about a moaning ***** who has nothing better to do than analysis the films OUT of context.

I mean, you're pretty volatile in your opinions, don't you think? And do you actually know her well enough to call her a b*tch?

I thought her commentary was rather generous. She didn't berate the film. She offered a review as to why it didn't work? And context? Must every film have context?

rolando:

Look for the following key items: commentary on acting, on dialogue, and special effects use over story. Not whether they liked the movie or not. This has never been our argument.

But don't these factors have a bearing as to whether they like the movie or not? What could be the other factors? But I will look into it. Unfortunately my job is intefering with my debate with you. I'll try and take a look today and see what I find and report back. If not today, definitely over the weekend. But lengthy research on the net might be difficult for me today.

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002

It's valid because he saw the movie. If he never saw the movie and said it was the best ever then it's not valid.

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think the current state of this discussion is such that it is in the best interest of the forum if it were locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.