main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Biggest RMFF Loser

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, May 24, 2010.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am interested in doing this and I have my $5.00 ready and should be at the meeting. I do have a question before fully committing, how is doing total weight loss in pounds more fair than doing a percentage? Some of us have more to lose than others, wouldn't that put them at a potential advantage?

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I concur. I think percentage is more accurate and more commonly used. This is a good point of contention for participants, I think. We'll bring it up at the meeting and see what those who plunk down their money want to do.

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok, i do not care, but i am not doing the math.

4. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    It is fairly easy to set up a spreadsheet to do this kind of math so all you have to do is enter in the numbers, and the percentage is calculated for you. Also, if you do it this way, then you wouldn't have to have someone else do the math, reducing the number of people with access to everyone's information. This, I think, would make people more comfortable about giving up their weight, which is a very sensitive topic for many of us including myself.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I would not post any weight(s) at all...i was thinking lbs lost, we can do that + the %. i think for the weigh-in, the person and I will see the weigh in and then one person can look at mine.

That way there is some discretion. Trust me i understand about not wanting to share weight.

but we are doing this to be healthier and to get into better shape!!

6. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I am sorry Melody, I must not have made myself clear enough. I did not think that you would post anyones weight, or not respect confidentiality at the weigh in. You had mentioned that you didn't want to do the math in order to publish percentages. I was trying to help you find an easy way to get the math done without involving another person.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok perhaps i didnt' make myself clear. The person running things needs to have the weight, this is what was done last time, we have to have verification. Also, the weight posted would be what you LOST not your weight. I am sorry if I wasn't clear.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Uhm, yeah, you'd need the weight in order to *do* the math. I don't think Sarnia was denying that, just trying to be helpful with the math part by suggesting a spreadsheet.

Or I could be quite drunk.

Someone else decide which.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    spreadsheet great idea...i will keep the information on the DL.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    FanForced has a great spreadsheet that we used last time. She can send that to you, I'm sure. Send her a PM.

11. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Ho do we figure fat/ muscle? I have the potential to loose fat but gain muscle. If its just a weight loss percentage I would loose.

I propose that the $5 be non refundable. I know many of us pulled out last time and I think it would be a good gesture to leave the $5 in the pot as more incentive and prize for the winner. I also propose that there has to be a clear winner, not last man/ woman standing, or reward for losing nothing. If that's the case perhaps the $ should stay in the pot for next time, be donated to the group or charity.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    wonderful thanks! :) melody math no trust, excel math very good :)

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    :eek:

I concur. I was just the last person who hadn't folded. Kinda feels lame to have "won" with 0% loss.

14. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    What if we did a combo of waist measurement AND weight? Could that help address fat versus muscle?

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I have a scale that measures body fat percent. The navy also had a body fat measurement based on height, weight and neck and waise measurements. I'm sure I could find the instructions if you wanted it.