main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Biggest RMFF Loser

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, May 24, 2010.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ME ME ME! let's start before it gets too late for the holidays.

As of this morning i was down a total of 24 lbs!!! [face_dancing]

2. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Seems like there's interest for another round. I don't think we need to start tonight. It's short notice.
    We'll still have the final weigh-in tonight to close out the 3 months.
    But let's rally the troops for the next one to start soon.

3. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    We're about to do the weigh-in and DWRD said, let me do No. 2 first.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i sent you my weight this morning...i want to stick with morning weigh ins..:)

5. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    And the winner is...DWRD!

With a total weight loss of 0%
    FF ends with a weight gain of 2.9%.

Auditing:
    Nnay ends with a weight loss of 9.65%

JGoC couldn't make the trek but has done an amazing job. If you want me to post your final stat, PM me your weigh-in.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    grumble

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'd be interested in another round a little later. I wasn't able to keep up with it and work on CV costumes at the same time, but as a result I now need to do it more than ever. o_O I'd probably audit, but it would be good to have the group activity to help keep me on track this time.

8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Sounds like you should have anted up! You would have won $80!

:p

Sad day...

Happy day for me!

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

sorry not made of money...had hotel issues, unemployeed for 8 months and i did take vacation. but still grumble...you don't have to be a sore winner. :p but congrats all the same

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I would be very interested in doing this. $20 was a bit steep because that make $40 for my household, can't do that much, but if it was say $10 maybe we would have more peeps?

As much as I hate rules, I would like to know what they are ahead of time & who is following what set of rules. Seemed last time there were a ton of exceptions to the rule and only some people were getting those exceptions.

I do believe there needs to be a live weight in with at least one witness. I understand not everyone wants everyone to know their weight. I've given in and now think the more people who know the less I can hide and the more it will motivate me, but that is just me. :D

11. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    And the winner is...DWRD!

With a total weight loss of 0%
    FF ends with a weight gain of 2.9%.
    JGoC ends with a weight loss of 8.23%
    Nnay ends with a weight loss of 9.65%

(updated with JGoC)

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Completely agree with you.

13. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

me three! [face_pig]

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I will be auditing again. Unless someone wants to make a trip out here... :p Besides, I'm happier auditing. Less pressure if I'm not competing, but you guys can still push me to keep up. :D

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I think I need to try a new diet for this. Atkins and South Beach worked well for me 5-10 yrs ago, but didn't work this last year. I need to try something else. Any suggestions?

16. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I count calories and punish my body brutally. Seems to work.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm trying the body brutality w/ a side salad. I will let you know how it works.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, so when are we going to start this?

My personal goal is 10% loss between now and Starfest. If I get there earlier or go farther, great. But that's my goal. I also need to start the exercise thing again. I was thinking of starting something like the Couch to 5K running plan, just to give me some sort of structure to work with. If possible I will try to accelerate it a bit, but structure would probably be good for me.

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Mellisa and I are starting a diet. We're on the detox phase right now, and the "evil diet from Hell" begins in about 2 weeks. We're still getting all of the details and the meal planning from the nutitionist, but it's going to be interesting. As part of the detox, I'm getting off soda --especially Mountain Dew. I had a total of 6 oz of Dew yesterday... I'm drawing down to minimize the headaches and other withdrawal issues.

According to the Navy's height Weight Standards, I have 50 + pounds to lose before I am below their max weight for my height. I'm heavier than I have ever been, so it's time to get serious and make some changes.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, I'm within 1-3lbs of te heaviest I've ever been, so you
    might as well call it the same. Things definitely have to change for me too.

They have weight-height limittions in the navy? What about all those portly admirals you see on tv??

21. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If you go above the max weight, then they give you a body fat assessment. If you're above that, and stay that way for too long without improvement, they'll kick you out. Now... there are certain... flexibilities in the rules for Admirals, and even Chief Petty Officers, but the double standard seems to be less than it was back in the day. That said, don't believe everything you see on TV. ;)

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Are we doing this?

I haven't seen any rules, etc. Need to know what I'm getting into before I get 'into' it :p

23. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    nnay is in charge of this one. Hopefully she will bring her scale to the October meeting as that will be the day of the first weigh-in. Participation is $5 into the pot.

It's on the agenda...

24. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'd like the rules also.....

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I will bring my scale....

$5 before you weigh-in. i am not going to do the whole precentage thing. just want to do total weight loss period. final weigh in jan mtg (quarterly-ish).

weigh-ins every two weeks...

How does that sound??

EDIT:

To clear up any confusion...IF you live within driving distance of the meeting and you aren't at the weigh-in then you will not be able to particapate this time around. it is fair to everyone, same scale used and no confusion. :)