main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Birth of the Force a "Short" Christmas Story.**** A Celebration of Life***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Hello every one may you all have a wonderful Christmas and
    a safe and prosperous New Year.

The Birth of the Force
    a short Christmas Story

The snow was heavy on the ground the temple was at peace the celebrations would begin in a few hours.

Each year at this time all Jedi across the galaxy would give thanks to the maker.
    It was said that Ten thousand years ago the Jedi were created. The first child of the force was born and from that child, grew a nation of Jedi.
    The force spread throughout the galaxy claiming more and more young to follow in the footsteps of the original Jedi.

He was born on this night to parents void of the force, but full of love for one another and when their child grew they realised he was gifted and the news spread and then others would tell of their child who was gifted with the force.

With time the force produced many who were gifted and they banded together to become Jedi, saviours of the weak, defenders of the innocent and protectors of all kind.

It was so and in the present, the Temple housed many who were descendants of the first, and they would celebrate his birth, with meditations and then a lighting of candles for every member, be they at the Temple or on a mission somewhere in the galaxy and they would light candles for those who had passed back into the force, to become one within the great vast tendrils of living force permeating the existence of every Jedi.

But sadness came with the celebrations, one of their own was lost. A last minute mission saw the taking of one so young and bright in the force that all were saddened by his passing. It was unknown if he had actually passed into the force, but the Master sat in the Garden where the celebration of life would take place hoping with all his heart that the quiet and cold bond of his beloved apprentice would somehow burst through the blackness and glow, as it did for the past fourteen years.

The child of his heart was born on this night fourteen years ago a reminder of the first Jedi born, his light shone just as bright, it was told in the archives that many thousands of years later another would be born to continue the quest for everlasting peace throughout the universe.

The Master wanted it to be his child, he wanted the force to pronounce that their chosen one had been born again. Not lost on some force forsaken planet where evil reached out and snuffed his life away before he had been given a chance to make his mark in the galaxy.

It had been a week since the search was cancelled, all hope was lost they said.

The Master was injured and needed medical treatment, he fought to remain to search for his apprentice, but he was outnumbered and although he stood head and shoulders over most of his peers, they had forced him back to the Temple.

His heart was heavy, his child, his Obi-wan was lost, all alone on a planet that held no warmth, had he died all alone. That thought, weighed heavy on Qui-Gons shoulders, he'd promised his apprentice that he would reach Knighthood. That the force would protect him because he was special, he'd been born on the very same night as the first known Jedi, it was said that he was born at the very same minute and second.
    Qui-Gon chuckled to himself how did they know, how could they tell, it happened thousands of years ago, how could they possible know the exact time of birth.
    But as Master Yoda had said to Qui-Gon many times, ?The force knows well when it all started, who are we to agree or disagree. The force has decreed it, It just is."

As the time grew ever closer, all Obi-wan?s friends gathered in the garden and the snow drifted down softly covering the trees and every where there were candles, the hour was at hand.
    They would wait no longer, it was final then, he was lost they would remember the fun loving bright light that was Obi-wan, never to see his smiling eyes his fun loving laugh his wicked sense of humour.

Qui-Gon would lead them off by lighting the first candle, a long blue and green candle, perched upon a rock, it stood tall

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very sweet Gkilkenny.

3. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Absolutly:D wonderful!=D=

It really captures a nice spirit[face_love]

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh, wow, that was wonderful! [face_love]

Qui-gon took a step forward and raised up his hands, outstretched to receive his child, and said child was running down the ramp and with tears glistening in his eyes, tears of joy to be reunited with his family
    with his Father, Mentor and friend.
    [face_love] Awww, I loved that, very sweet and moving!

Thanks for the great story, Gkilkenny, and Merry Christmas to you too! [face_love] @};- (There aren't any Christmas faces, meh!)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was lovely

Nice Job!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    That was so awesome GK!!! =D= @};- [face_love] [:D] @};-

Merry Christmas!!!

7. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    beautiful story gkilkenny! it really captures the spirit of christmas!
    Qui-Gon would not give up hoping for a miracle, outwardly he was the picture of a calm and reserved
    Jedi Master but on the inside he was praying to the Force

i loved that! it's nice that they got their little christmas miracle in the end!
    =D=

8. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Wow, such a wonderful and beautiful story!! It is so uplifting, really lifted my spirits and kept me smiling for the whole day [face_love]

Draped in a white cloak, the light behind the figure sent beams of light out in all directions, but the force was singing, and everyone knew that a life had been given back to them on this night of nights.
    Qui-gon took a step forward and raised up his hands, outstretched to receive his child, and said child was running down the ramp and with tears glistening in his eyes, tears of joy to be reunited with his family
    with his Father, Mentor and friend.
    They embraced and the thoughts of how? and why? and where, would be discussed later, but for now, they would celebrate the birth of the Force, and the return of a child to the fold.

In this winter wonderland that was called the Jedi Temple.

Your writing is so excellent!! I really, really loved this viggie. So sweet and great, I loved the last line a lot too [face_love] [face_love] Again, great job, and thank you, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a great new year too! [:D]

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The child of his heart was born on this night fourteen years ago a reminder of the first Jedi born, his light shone just as bright, it was told in the archives that many thousands of years later another would be born to continue the quest for everlasting peace throughout the universe.

What a wonderful Christmas vignette, GK! =D=

I am so glad that the Force brought Obi-Wan back to the Temple, and that the Lord has blessed us with you and your wonderful gifts in story telling! [:D]

MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Star

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Healer Leona Thank You[face_love]

kenobiwanobi It really captures a nice spirit
    Thanks
    It was something I was thinking about.O:)

Bastet Thank You

I didn't know I was going to write it until I sat at the computer the other night.[face_thinking] [:D]

KELIA Thanks :*

LilQui-Gon Aww Thanks[:D]

obi_webb it's nice that they got their little christmas miracle in the end!

Yes it would be nice if RL was like
    that all the time[:D][face_praying]

lost_jedii WoW I am glad I made your day a smile is important.:D

Star_Drifter Thank you for your wonderful words
    I do not usually write Viggis but this one begged to be written the other night, while I was checking my mail.

It just seem to pop into my head.:D [:D] [face_love]

SO TO EACH AND EVERY ONE I HOPE THE NEW YEAR BRINGS YOU JOY AND
    FULLFILLMENT HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006

11. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    That was wonderful Gkilkenny!

I am sure Qui-Gon couldn't have asked for a better gift. :)

Great vignette, I really enjoyed it!

I hope you had a very merry Christmas, and have a happy new year! [:D]

Ani-maniac

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Thanks Ani
    I had a wonderful Christmas with Family
    and I am planning to have a Happy New Year

I hope 2006 is special for you too.[:D] @};-

13. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Aww, I've got the warm fuzzies reading that!

Well done![:D]

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Magenta_Moonshadow
    Thank you I'm glad you liked it

15. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Oh, Geri, that gave me the warm fuzzies and a lot of happy tears.

16. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aww, that was so sweet! Hope you have a good 2006! :)

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Aya-Na_Bashu I am glad you enjoyed it [:D]

Jedi_Tigris Thanks and I hope the year
    goes well for you[face_good_luck]

GK

18. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Very good. I really enjoyed it. It was very sweet.=D=
    Rachel