main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala The Black Corset Piece

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amidala_wannabe, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Ok, we have all seen pictures like this one:

[image=http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/black/padme_black_front1.jpg]

My question to all Padme Costume lovers out there is... Has anyone seen the whole outfit? I have see a picture of it, but it was quite small, and drawn.

here:
    Paper Dolls Book Cover

And when I went looking for more I couldn't find anything else! Has anyone seen any other pictures on this dress????

Shaden ^_~

Ps: Feel free to add suggestions on what fabrics to use aswell! This could be its own little thread!

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    This is the only full length pic of know of it so far. :(

[image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/02/img/padmepaperdoll_cover_bg.jpg]

3. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Thanx Obi-Dawn, Do you know if they are showing pictures of the inside of the paper doll book? Or even the release date?

SHaden ^_~

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    It's release date is sometime in April. :)

5. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Any one have an idea on how and what to make the necktie thing out of? If I could start that.....

Shaden ^_^*

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I've noticed this about the costume:

[image=http://www.thenextamidala.com/TEASERIII_gallery/Bilder/pic04.jpg]

Notice the top. She is wearing something over the black corset. No idea if its a full top, or just a trim on top of the corset she removes at one point? The other pic posted above definitely show it not there.

The paperdoll book full shot makes it hard to tell if its there or not as well. Edit: Its not on the book cover, you can tell by the way it covers the arms as well.

Also the scarf part looks to be very long and goes right down to the ground.

7. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm wondering if you had the top that covers the arms would you still need the corset...?? Any insight?

Shaden ^_^*

8. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Amidala_wannabe : Are you still doing that dress? About your question, I don't know... It's the only pic so far, so personally I will forget the covering top and go for the corset. :D

Or somebody else doing it?

Anyway, I am trying to do that costume so I have a question: What can I use for the metal headbands?

I will go shopping this week-end for the corset and the fabric for the skirt. I hope I can find a corset and the gloves already made, otherwise I'm doomed! But I'm hopeful about finding it. :)

Now I have to lose another 10 pounds! ;)

9. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    You could always use sculpey. But what about using those metal bands that you can buy for embroidery....like the wooden ones, only in metal. I have seen them at JoAnn's and places like that. They are very bendable, and you would be able to mold them to your head quite easily. These might be more effective than trying to make your own with sculpey or something like that. I don't know...just my thoughts. [face_clown]

10. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    I will look for it, thanks!

11. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    And yet another new pic....shows the "blouse" thingy over the dress.

[image=http://www.thenextamidala.com/costumes/MiddleAged/blackdresscomedor.jpg]

12. JediLeiaOrgana

JediLeiaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Mrs_MayimNaar, that is an awesome pic!!! Whereever to you people find these things???

Anyway, I want/need to make this dress, but I'm going to take my time. So.......Celebration III, here I come!

:p :)

~*~JediLeia~*~

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Just saw a clip about Natalie on E! News Daily and she made it sound like George Lucas designed this costume himself!

My my Georgie!

She said that the corset was very tight and that it cinched her waist in to about 20 inches. UGH! But, considering that her waist is probably only 22 inches anyway... :p

14. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    LoL i just saw it too... 20 inches!? My goodness! And i can't believe that George designed that!

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm... Makes you look at George in a completly new light, eh? ;)

16. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Oyyy.... JGC, I *really* did not need that mental picture. [face_laugh]

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hehe... any way I was just wondering what pattern you guys are using, cause I'm playing around with Simplicity 9180 for another project and it's working really nicely, and I thought that it would look the same as that.

Or you can always buy one at Fredrick's of Hollywood [face_devil]

18. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    Jedi Girl : Well, it looks like a good pattern. I'm still looking for one and I don't think I saw this one yet.

I saw a good fabric for the skirt and I will go back tommorrow to see if it will really do.

I actually found a corset (not a real one that squeeze you so that you loose a couple of inches at the waist though! ;) ) and the shape is right except for the color. It's black velvet with golden threads designs. I bought vinyl and I will try to do something to go over it, I think, if it's possible.
    On the bad side, it is with laces in the back and I can't pull it tight alone! [face_plain] I might be able to ask a friend but he's not staying close to my hotel. Oh well....

19. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Pic from the visual dictionary:

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~schaulkr/temp/wow.jpg]

This isn't going to be up long, so grab it while you can. :)

20. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    KS - WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!? Omg! VISUAL DICTIONARY! *Gasp*

21. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I have my sources :p

Unfortunately, I don't actually have the book. The rest of the pictures on that page are pretty much the same as we've already seen, or they're too small to bother with. There is however one other picture that I'll be posting in the spoiler thread momentarily.

22. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    Every day I come here, there is another awesome picture of one of her dresses posted. Thanks Kirsten Solo for the sneak peek!!

23. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow! :eek:

I want this dress too.....

24. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    This dress is definitely on my to do list. It is absolutely beautiful. All of Padme's costumes are inspiring me to work out.

25. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I hear ya Amidala-Leia! [face_laugh] I'm working out like crazy so I can do the white Tatooine outfit. :D

Thanks for the great pic Kirsten! That's actually a *really* beautiful dress!

kreleia ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.