main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala The Black Corset Piece

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amidala_wannabe, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Great work I'm seeing on this gown. I can't wait to see it done! Everything looks fabulous! :D

2. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Heh, I've been meaning to post here for months now. :p I remembered I forgot to post after wearing the costume to a convention.

Thought you all might like to see a pic of my finished costume:

[image=http://www.crimsonvision.net/hjgk/traci7.jpg]

More pics of this and my other DragonCon costumes can be found HERE!

I still plan on making the feather wrap; I've found a supplier for the appropriate feather; now it's just finding the time to make the darn thing. ;)

3. Obi-Dead-Kenobi

Obi-Dead-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2003
    Wonderful pics Crimson. :)

4. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Wow. !!!

Also checked out your updated site. All your costumes are amazing!

And holy moly what a deal on the interim MR red Satine gown - $35 bucks??? Incredible! It looks so close.

5. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Looks gorgeous Traci!

6. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Heehee, yep, $35. What a deal. I couldn't believe my luck.

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

7. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Crimson, your dress looks gorgeous!! The lace turned out SO beautiful. :D :D Congrats!!

8. spiweet

spiweet Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2003
    Ok Friends I neeeed your help !!!

See, I have this beautiful doll I wanna make clothes for : http://www.geocities.com/PadmeAmidaladoll

And decided to take a break on the Family gown and work on the Fireplace dress.

This is a 16" doll so it's totaly not the shape of a barbie....I was wondering what kind of fabric do you suggest for the corset ?? Leather would be too hard to work with uh ? since it's not a human scale...:( And as for the gloves, well, I made my first attempt on these with cotton, and sicne the doll is in rubbery-vinyl, I had a big time making them fit... and the black started to stain...so no more of that type of cotton ! LOL

I was thinking of rubbery-lycra, that looks like leather...but I'm affraid it will stain...:(

Also, I have not a dman idea of how to cut the pieces of the corset..and how to sew them together....PLEASE don't tell me I need to sew wires in it uh ????

My fabrics for the skirt are already bought :) it'll be soooo cool :)

9. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Have you tried 'pleather'? Much easier to work with than leather; it's what I used for my corset and gloves.

As for the corset I really don't think you need wires or boning for it. If you do go with the pleather it hase a bit of stretch to it so you can sew it really tight to get it to conform to your doll.

Gorgeous doll btw! :)

10. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    So I said I'd never do this costume, then I got talked into it for a number of reasons.

Anyhow, I've started the necklace. The brooch is finished and I just have to now attach the choker and hanging beads. Each strand of beads is different. I'm so proud. It was way fun beading them all. ALright, here's a picture of the brooch. I don't have one of the hanging strands yet as they're just straightening out on my wall. (That fishline stuff likes to curl, even with heavy glass beads on them.)

I modified the design a little because I'm one of those that tends toward symmetry and the like.

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/healersglow/images/brooch.jpg]

11. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    If I had a dollar for every costume I swore I would never do but ended up getting talked into doing it anyways... I'd have quite a few bucks. ;)

Great job on the brooch; it looks very nice with the symetry.

12. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    CV, how did you fasten your bodice? I'm wrestling with a bit of a decision here that needs to be made soon. Between lacing up and covering the laces with a flap, or letting them show.

13. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Crimson I checked out your site and all your costumes are fantastic!!!! :) But as a huge David Bowie fan I'd have to say Jareth's coat and your beautiful ballroom dress were the best! If only you could dance with the real Bowie! [face_love] Although I thought your Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes were a whole lota fun. I've gone only as a unconventional conventionalist...I haven't dared Magenta or Columbia! My brother has gone as Frank though. A side of my brother I've never seen before...It was a little revealing! ;) LOL :D

14. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    My bodice laces up the back like a true corset and the straps show. Wasn't really a big deal to me I think. :)

15. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks Corellian_Rogue! And I know, I wish could dance with the real Jareth. ;) I actually am in the process of making another Ballroom gown for myself for the Labyrinth of Jareth in CA this July. I'm hoping to be able to dance with a good immitation of Jareth there! ;)

Very cool your brother went as Frank; that takes a whole lot of courage! ;) And I'm sure you'll work your way up to Mags or Columbia sometime. ;)

Thanks again!

16. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Another ballgown? The one you had already was beautiful enough! :) If only there was the perfect imitation of Jareth! [face_love]

Let's just say my brother had to waxed in places he never has before!!! LOL ;) It was quite shocking but hilarious! I hope to work up to Columbia or Magenta...especially Magenta. You can't go wrong with a maid uniform and big hair! :)

17. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Aww, thank you. :) But alas, the last ballgown is no longer with me; it's gone onto another owner. And the version I'm plotting now is going to be even closer to screen accurate (hopefully!).

Yep, can't go wrong with a Mags costume. ;)

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Fenig, your beading looks wonderful. :)

19. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Thanks Obi-Dawn. And I hope all of this 'stuff' gets sorted out soon.

In the meantime, here's a pic taken last night of my completed costume. Minus the gloves since my dress dummy hasn't arms.
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/healersglow/images/fireside.jpg]

20. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Oh Fenig, that looks fantastic!! Excellent work!! :)

21. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Beautiful job Fenig!

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wonderful job Fenig! Just lovely. :)

23. Naboo_Girl

Naboo_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2003
    Very pretty, Fenig!!! Beautiful work, especially on the feather wrap and necklace. Are you going to wear it to Star Fest this year if you are going?

24. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Course I'm going! I hope to see you there! We'll (RMFF) will be doing a panel on costuming, and we'll have a table in the fan room. Plus we'll be in the costume contest as a group, and running around the con. You just HAVE to come say hello!

Will your Senatorial gown be done by then? I hope, I hope, I hope!

25. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Woohoo! Thats Gorgeous! I'm so envious of your feather wrap! What did you use for that? More details please! ;)

I erally would like to make the wrap myself someday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.