main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala The Black Corset Piece

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amidala_wannabe, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    @BQ: Your Corset looks great with the new Zip....:D

Jack

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
  3. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    Looks Great!! *High Five!*

I am making MV:SS today, so while I am making her Bustline Corset, I will cut out the start of Padme's Corset :D:D

I have some Red and Black Armwarmers that look like they are made the same way, apart from the buttoning...I think I might take them apart and make a pattern...

MC(Jackie)

4. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002

Can't wait to see you version. What pattern are you using? I used the vogue #2810 with a few modifications to fit me better - I've used this pattern a few times and have finally gotten used to it :)

The gauntlets were the easiest part of this costume lol

5. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    I am using McCall's 2667, not much adjusting needed, just adding the closure at the Front etc...

Its gunna be fun to make :D

Jack

6. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    Random Question for BQ, How easy was it to put that Zip into your Corset...I am thinking about putting one on my Silk Spectre one and I was wondering how you got along with it...Random Question over...

Jack

7. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    It was a piece of cake :D I find that seperating zips are easier than the invible ones. Just keep the zip closed while sewing so they match up perfectly when done.
    My corset had the lining layer and the pleather layer, I folded in the raw edges and sandwhiched the zip in the middle of them, this is easier with fabric because you can iron the folded edges flat first. With the pleather, I had to be careful not to shift it while sewing (and I put a layer of tissue paper between the presser foot and fabric so it wouldn't' stick while sewing).

My zipper was actually 18" long (it was the shortest they had) so I had to shorten it. What I did was sew it all in place and then pull the zip head down towards the bottom out of the way. I cut off the excess at the top and then used the hook park of a hook/eye to act as the stopper (so the head won't come off when I do it up). I opened up the hook a bit, and then squeezed it shut tightly with pliers on each top edge of the zipper (position it between the top two teeth to keep it in place). This worked like a charm and let me have a custom sized zipper :D

8. MasterCenedra

Apr 3, 2005
    ooo Thanks :D

:D:D

Jack

9. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    So... when I bought my Mara jumpsuit fabric (end of 06 start of 07) I also intended to make a few other things from this large piece of dead dino ;) One of which was the Fireside Corset gown. I did find some fabric at the time but passed it on (and it will be made into something, won't it??? I have an industrial overlocker and it likes finicky fabrics) but recently found some more!

And so I bought it. And so I have begun my fireside corset gown too :) After two years of trying to find a suitable fabric again ;) I swear I've looked every time I go to the fabric store, regardless of what I was supposed to be looking for.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/starwars/padmecorsetskirt1.jpg][image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/starwars/padmecorsetskirt2.jpg]
    I've got the petticoat nicely shaped now and so the next task is to piece my satin and whip that under the overlocker as well as the over layer :)

I have started to work on the necklace and found the headband yesterday :) I gave away my tulle so I may have to buy some more, I'll be sewing it between the layers of cotton so I don't get scratched by it ;) I've done this before and it works very well.

I have enough left over to make a matching bodice so I am. This dress is doing double duty ;)

10. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    The fabric is stunning Nemhaille. Where did you get it and is there more?

11. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I have some on it's way to me :D Can't wait to get it! I've been wanting to remake mine for so long! Though I'll have to start collecting the other bits and pieces now! First to find a piece of black leather clothing to butcher.... Errr I mean repurpose :p

Can't wait!! :D

12. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    I finanlly finished this costume on 2/13 about 8pm....about 20 minutes before my patron arrived to pick it up. I took a couple of pictures, but they were saved on the external hard drive that I don't have at the moment. Anyway, it turned out great after a few trial and error problems with the skirt and the long gloves. I will take more pictures at Megacon in Florida in a couple of weeks and post those. All and all it was a wonderful project which I want to also recreate for myself. One of my trial and error attempts is now being worn by my full sized manequin and I have to say this is one of the best projects I have had the pleasure of working on in a long time. It took me a full month to complete this and 2 months before that just collecting the materials.

13. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Today I was very pleased to receive a most wonderful package in the mail! :D

I know have 4m of beautiful devore velvet for my skirt. Thanks so much Neimhaille for taking the time to pick some up and send it to me :D It really is so gorgeous in person, and I can't wait to see it all made up!

This might be my next project after Silk Spectre!

14. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    Woot! Happy dance :) I'm just so glad it got there in a timely fashion :) Fingers crossed the post is as kind this week for me and my boots and for my other parcels I'm sending out :)

15. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    That skirt fabric is so perfect! I'm jealous, as I too have been looking for skirt fabric for ages. If you have a source for it please let me know :D

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, Neimhaille, that's gorgeous.

17. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Ditto on the source for the fabric. I've been meaning to remake this costume after losing a bunch of weight. The skirt falls off now!

18. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    [image=http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/GML_GWL_FLORIDA/SWWs%202009%20videos/LaureninFiresideGownwithgalfriend.jpg]

My completed project for Lauren. She really wears this one well.

[image=http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/GML_GWL_FLORIDA/SWWs%202009%20videos/LaureninFiresideGownwithVader.jpg]

19. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    That came out great, and she does wear it well :)

20. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Thank you....high praise and greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.