main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala The Black Corset Piece

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amidala_wannabe, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Wilson's Leather perhaps? They might have something corset-y there.

2. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    If not Wilson's (and they should have something) try biker magazines. My husbands Harley mag has stuff like that in there all the time.

3. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    My costume is nearly ready! In a day or two, just in time for C2!
    I will try to take some pictures with my extremely cheap digital camera and put them on msn or yahoo photo albums.

I'm so happy! :D

4. Diva_Shaliqua

Diva_Shaliqua Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2002
    Can't wait to see your photos! :)

5. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I will be looking forward to seeing more of this costume too!

6. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    Like everyone else, I can't wait to see the pics of this costume :)

7. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    Oh Wow! [face_blush]
    Not yet finished. I'll be doing some last fittings this morning, so it won't be long. :)

I will try to take picture with my camera but it needs a lot of light! I would have went outside during the day if it was sunny but it's snowing ! Crazy weather! At least, I still have my winter tires ( too busy to call for an appointment :p ).
    But it should be alright. If I have to use all the lamps of the house to take pics, I will!

8. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    It's snowing :eek: Where do you live? Just do what you can with the pics, we'll all be excited no matter when you get it done :)

9. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    That would be Canada! But it already melted.

Costume is finished! :D
    But... I took pictures and tried to put them on yahoo but the problem is that they only take JPEG and GIF and mine are BMP.
    Aaarghh!
    Somebody know what I can do?

Edit: I have to leave in 4-5 hours and I have to sleep and pack! I'm doomed! I might check later to see if I can do something about the pics, otherwise... those of you going to C2 will see it there!

10. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Open the pictures up in whatever image program you use (even MS Paint), then go up to File, Save As..., and when the box pops up for you to name the image, go to the drop down menu next to "save as type," and pic what file format you want to save it in. GIF doesn't put speckles on images, but JPG usually gives better color resolution. (Or do I have that backwards...?) JPG is what most people save photos in, I believe.

11. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    I think it works

Just copy and paste.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mcd_lana/lst?.dir=/

Thanks Stormtrooperprincess! :)

Disclaimer: Not wearing make-up except lipstick! ;)

12. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Great Job! You did a wonderful job. Please post what you did. It would help me a lot when I finally settle down and decide to make this costume. Thanks :)

13. StormtrooperPrincess

Apr 10, 2002
    Oo, nice! Very good job, especially since there aren't that many good pictures of this dress. Although I must admit, the last picture gave me the giggles. That pose reminds me of Slave Leia with the chain. :)

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I finally found a picture of the back of the dress!!!! Someone linked to this site in another thread on one of the other boards and I went through it and there it was!!

It's kinda hard to navigate that page, coz it's in another language... But if you look at the page on your right there is a box kinda thing, look in that box and you'll see
    Multimedia
    - Galeria 1 zdj??
    <-- Click on this link. (Looks like the ascii characters aren't working... Look for something similar to this)
    That'll take you to the gallery page. From there, go to the link that says Kostiumy scroll down a bit and there it is!!

I saved the picture and uploaded it to my site just incase it moves or something, so here it is... And before you ask why I didn't just link to that in the first place, have a look at some of the other pictures on that page, some of the outfits she wears are amazing... :)

15. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Your determination paid off FA :) I'm really loving the hair for this costume. I'd like to see a more detailed picture of the hair. Are there any pics with the little blouse on? I have yet to see any.

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Amidala-Leia, unfortunately I didn't see any on that particular page. If I remember correctly Mrs_MayimNaar has some pictures of it on her page, she also posted a rather big image of it on the second page of this thread.

Do you know of anyone who saved the image that KirstenSolo posted (on the first page) from the Visual Dictionary? Coz I'd love to have a look at that!

17. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    My site isn't completely updated as of today -- some new pics have come out that aren't on it yet! But here are the Stoplatka pics:
    [image=http://img.stopklatka.pl/galeria/rysunki/00000/00037/g-29.jpg] [image=http://img.stopklatka.pl/galeria/rysunki/00000/00037/g-25.jpg]

Hope those help!

18. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I'm talking about the little blouse that goes over the corset. All I've seen so far is slightly off the shoulder. Haven't seen what the rest of it looks like.

19. StormtrooperPrincess

Apr 10, 2002
    There's a sketch of it on the inside cover of the paper doll book. If I remember correctly, it comes down to about elbow or waist length, and looks like it's made up of feathers or something very, very gathered and layered. Of course, it's just a sketch and not one of the colored doll dresses, so the texture/materials is just a guess.

20. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    There is an excellent pic of it in the scrapbook. It is the pic where Anakin and Padme are eating, and it appears to go to her elbows. I know there are pics online of this same shot, but it is much easier to make out in the actual book.

21. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Thanks guys :)

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Mrs_MayimNaar, where do you get all the new photos from?? I'd love to know.

23. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    Lots of digging and hunting deeper than your average person would! ;o)

24. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    But where? And how do you find out if new images have been released?

25. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    You have to check out all the different spoiler websites, as well as the spoiler forum thread for pics. I mean they're never in any one particular place. You just have to hunt around the internet [face_clown]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.