The Black Hole (Original and Remake)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by RX_Sith, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
  2. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I love the original movie. It's got a sort of charming B movie quality to it. I always laugh when I see the wires at the beginning of the movie when they're supposed to be in zero g. I also really like Reinhardt as the mad scientist. He's got a wonderful crazy-eyed look about him.

Plus, the music is amazing. I have the soundtrack that's available from iTunes but I don't think it's complete. I wish they'd release a full version at some point.

As for the remake, it could be good, I guess. I just hope they stay away from the weird mystical ending of the first one.

edit: And I think someone should add "In, Through, and Beyond!" to the thread title :)
  3. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    I vaguely remember it, at least the ending (something about the bad guy trapped while the Max robot just stands there), and the heroes going through the black hole to... another universe? Didn't get the heaven and hell analogy until I read the interview. I think I saw it on Disney Channel years and years ago. Here's hoping the remake turns out at least as good as Tron did.
  4. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The original is a great frankenstein of a movie. Literally. The script was written and rewritten by committee, constantly changing plot and swapping ideas in and out more or less at random. In spite of that, the result is a very entertaining mish-mash of concepts, characters, and actors, all contributing to a spectacular result. Robots, Ray-guns, spaceships, and one guy who gets his insides scrambled like an egg... what's not to like?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.