Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by andalite, Jun 4, 2002.
How did you do the "Blacklight" Effect?
I'm sorry, I tried to duck that question didn't I?
Are you talking about the sabre or the surrounding stuff? I was actually talking to someone of the phone while I did it, so wasn't really using any particular method (it was just meant as a joke) but here's what I remember...
1. For the Sportsbra I just drew the shape roughly using the lasso tool and filled it with white (on a new layer)
2. Using the airbrush tool I drew in the teeth and whites of the eyes on the same layer. This layer was then set to screen, andthe opacity knocked down a little so some detail on Padmes top came through
3. On the base layer, and again using the lasso tool I defined Qui-Gons inner robe, put a small feather on the mask, and using just brightness/contrast bumped up the tones to make them stand. I then lowered the saturation so it looked whiter and less cream. Becuase I had feathered the selection is gave a bit of a glow around the edges.
4. With the lasso still selected I made a new layer and filled it with solid purple.
5. I then duplicated the eyes/teeth and vest layer and applied a very small gaussian blur to it, and then made this layer purple (by just filling the new selections with solid colour. I then merged this layer with the Qui-Gon shirt layer (hokey way of doing it I know) and this Uber layer was then screened on top of the white layer and the opcity turned down until it looked 'right' (ish)
5. I seem to remember creating a new layer and filling it totally with purple, then setting this layer to OVERLAY and the opacity to about 40% (This gave the blanket purple look)
6. The sabre was just the same old methods as normal but just using a purple glow and a black core as opposed to white.
And that was that. I'm sorry it's a bit vague, but I wasn't really paying much attention when I was doing it, and I just flattened the file when it was finished so I can't retrace my steps. Very poor work ethic all around on this job...
Ok. you missed Qui gons left eye.
whats all this talk of the "black saber"? oh, i see how it is...are you prejudice against the other colored sabers? what about a nice green or blue ... haha... but really ya?ll ... what is black? black is the absence of all colors(also dark is the absence of light my friends) ... and black is dark ... thus can you really have an effect of a "lightsaber" that gives off the absence of light? i didn't think so ... now SHUT UP and talk about something fun and exciting ... like me!
I have a dream that one day, these forums will rise up and live out the true meaning of it's creed "We are here to salute Star Wars with and the glory that we call filmmaking, and we hold these truths to be self evident, that ALL lightsabers are created with equal crystals."
I have a dream that one day...ALLLLL the little black sabers, and all the little white sabers, and all the colored sabers, will be able to walk hand in hand, and not face adversity. They will rise up, and be able to make fanfilms great.
I have a dream that lightsabers will one day live in a forum where they are not judged by the color of their glows.
I have a dream today.
Like in Futurama when The StarTrek fans and the Star Wars Fans had this big war.
Ok, solitude_high has changed the definition of 'the black lightsaber'. It now looks cooler than ever. check this out:
Yeah, it does look cool indeed, but it must be hell animating this bit**
OK, stop being so creative!
You're getting too close to what I want to do for my film.
Stop now, so I don't have to come up with something new to wow you with.
Righto. I'm working on some more still tests right now, and a video clip is on it's way...
yup yup, see more nethersaber in action:
(realize i just figured this method out like half an hour ago, so there's nothing incredibly complex yet)
Basic Test (the one andalite posted)
Jedi Outcast Replacement
*sigh* Okay, I have to admit, that looks pretty f'in cool in a still. Hit us with a good animation and maybe I'll take back the smack I've been talking about black lightsabers.
But you know, those look like a different kind of fantasy weapon altogether.
Jedi Outcast Replacement 2
eheh, yes, i'm not suprised it looks like 'a different kind of fantasy weapon altogether'
?i'm a fantasy man myself. i was star wars a long time ago. Since then i'd found LotR and Final Fantasy *drool*
right so, heads up for more.
geh, hate to keep double posting, but check it:
my Star Wars character Â©solitudehigh
Hmm... how are you guys doing that nifty energy wrap effect on the sabers?
i am listening to music right now....just wanted to let ya'll know that
o......k...... that was completely irrelevant but anyways, we are going to do several tests using the 'nethersaber' and if it works out, we will use it in our fanfilm.
You know, refering to the above ^^^^^ post by DaftMaul, I must say, I find sports bra's very uncomfortable.
that was not irrelevant...i was just being curtious in case anyone wanted to know my man...just like now i am looking for my keys...cause i lost them...do you know where i put em?
So, that movie, "Crossroads." Good movie.
i watched Legally Blonde tongiht...also a good movie
Britney Spears used to be really hot. What happened to her? She's a freak now.
Yeah, still wondering about the energy wrap over here...
no...she was never hot my friend...she was always a skank foo'