main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Black Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by andalite, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodePoet

CodePoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    is energy wrap anything like bubble wrap?

- Me

2. webwiz03

webwiz03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    Sweet Jesus am I the only sane one left?!?

3. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    I think it's like caffiene. If give you a BURST OF ENGERY when you wrap it around your head. Metal foil on your head also keeps Russian spy satellites from reading your thoughts.

4. CodePoet

Mar 26, 2002
    "...one toke over the line sweet Jesus, one toke over the line..."

good song my friend...good song

- Me

5. webwiz03

Mar 3, 2002
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Had to get that out :p

6. CodePoet

Mar 26, 2002
    BOO! [face_shocked]

7. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    Man, have you guys ever notice that when women go to the restroom, they have to go as a group? If a man asks a group of guys to go to the bathroom, he gets shot. And another thing is that you never talk to another guy in the bathroom. Especially if he is in a stall next to you. If you try to talk to another guy while he is in the urinal next to you, you are in big trouble.

I'd like to take a black saber to fools to try to talk to me in the bathroom!

8. CodePoet

Mar 26, 2002
    you know...when i was at Six Flags a group of 3 guys talked to me in the bathroom...but they were trying to rob me so that probly dosen't count? either way they dind't get my shoes like they wanted...and i wouldn't have minded taking a saber to em...alas i just had to resort to cussin' em out...haha...i can't really repeat what i told em...but it was enough where they ran away...HAHAHAHA....take that Six Flags robbers!

- Me

9. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    I still think a black saber is not cool. That engery wrap helps, but I think that would look even cooler on a regular saber. What do you guys think about me putting it on a red lightsaber?

10. CodePoet

Mar 26, 2002
    what about putting it on a pizza? would that be a good topping

- Me

11. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    That has nothing to do with black sabers. Besides, peporroni (spelling) is the best.

12. webwiz03

Mar 3, 2002
    Wow Pixel, actually wanting to get back on topic? I'm amazed [face_shocked] Maybe now someone will answer my question about the energy surrounding the core...

13. Lyrael

Lyrael Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    holy something, over 30posts on this thread just over the night!(my night in sweden)

14. solitude_high

solitude_high Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    Good grief, what a bunch of morons

Bloody spammers. go do that in the Celebration forums.

To answer a few questions that got asked, somewhere in that incoherent mess:

webwiz: the 'energy wrap' - like i said, those are all still tests. I have not had a chance to attempt animating it. ( worked for an hour last night rotoscoping a clip - my first time ever rotoscoping btw - and then it crashed. blasted thing. ) Right now, I'm thinking a particle generator animation in 3DS, then overlaying it on the clip.

pixelmagic: gotta disagree with you. the 'energy wrap' would NOT look good on a regular saber, especially a red one =P The reason it looks good is because it goes in front of the saber, to make it look like it's around it ? that cannot be accomplished if the core is white. ^_^

feedback on the test shots, please? geheheh and how do you like my character...

15. webwiz03

Mar 3, 2002
    Whew! Question finally got answered! And I think the effect (and your character) is awesome solitude!

16. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    In one of the posts of the first page of this thread, someone mentioned a black hole would be the ONLY thing to suck light back in. My question is, light can't just cut through things or melt metal like QG does with the door in Ep1. Presumably, "light"saber is just a name that they chose because Lazersaber or so on sounded a bit too cheesy. If we then presume the lightsaber is a hilt that extends a lazer beam out of it but ONLY to a certain length then the colour debate should be no problem.
    Rebel's lazers are usually red and stormie's are usually green (on fighters). I don't think anyone of the 2 colours are stronger as there are also red AND green turbolasers.
    We have also started to see green blasts from certain pistols since Ep1.
    Why are there only red and green bolts ATM then? Well, its obviously because they can't have a rainbow of shot firing around and the colours are mostly used to designate sides in that manner.
    If you can choose the tint of your own power cell clip for your blaster or saber, you could obviously choose a black one.
    And why not? Cheerios come in 4 colours too and they mostly taste the same. :D

Carl

17. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Well, Carl_el_cee, the only problem is, we've NEVER seen any colour other than white in the MIDDLE of a lazer bolt.

Even the green and red turbo-laser bolts have white in the center.

I, however, have nothing against people doing whatever they want in fan films.

18. Lyrael

Lyrael Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    A laser is Light focused to one point. So Lightsabers is the same as Lasersabers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.