main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT The Black Star (OCs,Tendra Risant & other minor ECs | 3.5 ABY | Action, Black Comedy, Politics)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ewok Poet, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hip hip hooray, it’s back, it’s back, TBS is back! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Ahem. Time to collect myself and say something intelligent, or at least try to. I commented earlier today on threads coming together in one of your other current epics, and I see that the same thing is happening in this one, too, with Doria and her family, Branna, the Kaenis, and Deeina and Charon (and Jar Jar too—can’t forget him!) all coming together in the Kaenis’ hotel; the Taliore is really becoming quite a nexus for your universe. And so much new information to digest: Roula is Her Drallship (not a total surprise, given what a nasty piece of work we know she is—and I too love Larax’s opinion of her). Charon and Deeina are members of the Rebel Alliance (it looks like the Kaenis kind of are too; am I right?). Gredda has been drafted to work on a secret weapons project for the Empire. Plus of course Blobbo’s blobbulous bulk looming over it all. And Doria is now caught up in the middle of it all, functioning as a sort of nexus herself. I don’t blame her for wondering what the ever-living San Hill to make of it all (though of course she expresses it in a very different way from the honorable Mr. Binks),

Doria’s chat with Charon is wonderful. Given her flurried emotional state, someone like Charon is just what she needs to both reassure her and talk some sense into her—all in a completely friendly and understanding manner. I love the way they they come realize their common ground—from the similarity in name to that moon in Doria’s story long ago (a very familiar-sounding system! ;)) to the fact that both lost their fathers at a young age. Best of all, they both even manage to get some laughter out of it—something they both could use a little of right now. What a pal, what a pal, and I would definitely say this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. :)

And yes, I too recognize that little recording device thinger Charon’s about to spend a whole night listening to…

…and, as readers of another oeuvre of yours know, commenting on. ;) It was most definitely meant to be found, and as a levelheaded sort who is neutral in the whole Pelayn-R'vanye struggle, Charon is a pretty much ideal person to find it. Though I know I've said that before. :D

Another way in which things are coming together—another nexus, one could say! But then, can one expect any less from the magnificently and organically interconnected EP-verse? :D :cool:

Ewok Poet likes this.