main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Blood of the Hand (Mara, Luke, H/L, & more) Author's Note 04/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MirandaFair, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Author's Note: Okay - the puppy eyes did me in. ;) [face_laugh]

Here you will find a teaser (unbeta'd) waiting for your reading enjoyment. I know I've made you all wait it out but have no fear! The chapter has been sent for beta'ing. Perhaps this passage will hold any mutiny at bay until the update can be made.

;)

Thank you all again for your patience. Here are some replies and of course, a teaser for Chapter 32.

The Best,
    Mir

@};-

[quote=MaraJade001]Please add me to your PM list. This fic is so good I even printed the thing out so I could read it even when I'm NOT at my computer! (Btw, you wouldn't happen to have a higher-res version of the cover, would you? I'd like to add a full-page cover to the printout.)
    Again, nice job with the fic. Mara and Luke are spot on in this. Even though I'd like them to get a little romance in, I respect the fact that you're trying to keep it consistent with canon.
    Keep up the great work![/quote]

Hi, [b]MaraJade001[/b]! Great screen name, BTW. :D

I?m honored you?d use your printer?s ink on printing out this beast. [face_happy] What a great complement! [face_hugs] I got into writing this as a test. The test being that if I could finish a novel in the fanficition world, I could do it with my own original story. Having this in print by a reader is just an amazing thought.[face_blush]

I?m not too tech savvy so I?m unsure how I?d go about making the cover in high-res. BUT if you or one of the other readers knows how to do that, you have my permission to go to town and have fun with it! ;) (Just post a copy! I?d love to see it.)

As far as writing Luke and Mara into more scenarios for some budding romance? it?s a killer for me. I?d LOVE to write them in those circumstances; especially with the plot going the way it has been. But I have some goodies up my sleeve that will hopefully fill up the love-pain hunger for you all and for me (and at the same time staying within canon guidelines. ;)

Can?t say any more as I know I?d be saying too much. But thank you for your awesome enthusiasm. You?ve been added to the update list. Thanks for reading![face_rose]

[quote=AniriRevan][color=crimson] Puppy-eyes please [face_praying] [image=http://pics-23.hi5.com/userpics/223/180/180026223.img.jpg][/color]
    [face_tongue] [/quote]

Aww, dear [b]Aniri[/b]. Those puppy eyes have my heart aching! [face_wink] ;) The update is coming? it?s all done. Just keeping an eye out for the beta?d version. Thank you, my friend.

[quote=Jedi_Liz]I wasn't going to delurk because you said this being "canon" it can't have any L/M romance, but I do like it. Can't stand Lando hitting on Mara, though. [/quote]

Welcome, [b]Liz[/b]. Glad you like it. And unfortunately Lando making a pass at Mara goes hand-in-hand with the canon world. I kind of like it? as it adds tension to the L/M world. Muwaahahah. Thanks!

[hr]

[b]Teaser to Chapter 32[/b]

It was the Empire who created this mess. Mara Jade should have been welcoming this opportunity to return and having an open status of command. But the very institution she had served turned its back on her and now she had returned the favor.

[i]"You were his Hand,"[/i] his recent conversation played itself over again in Pellaeon's mind. [i]"You must have heard him talk about the Ghost Fleet at some point."

"Well, whoever told you that doesn't know a thing. If you have put credits on finding that out, you were gipped." [/i]

The Empire [i]did[/i] invest quite a bit on not only catching Jade but in hiring the agent who had gone after her. Pellaeon's memory stopped and he glanced at the younger man who was standing opposite of him. Vaso Barak, in all his charming, cunning and lethal ways was more mercenary than Imperial soldier. After the fall of the Empire at Endor and more recently, after the death of Thrawn, it seemed more soldiers were making their living as hired agents than as true Imperial warriors. This didn't sit well with Pellaeon. Whatever happened to devotion

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Whee!

Nice Teaser!

3. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    jade51999: Thank you for your enthusiasm! [face_laugh]

[color=royalblue][b]AUTHOR'S NOTE[/b]: Hello, friends! Well, here is the long-awaited chapter update.

I can't thank you all enough for sticking by my side. You've all been so kind and forgiving. ;) It feels rotten of me to say this but Chapter 32 will most likely be the last update for a time. Grad school is a different world and while it has been a great experience, I'm finding hardly any time for any [i]but[/i] my studies. I will keep writing. Updates will be slow. But this story isn't going anywhere.

So if you're in this till the end with me, I thank you, again. [face_hugs]

Enjoy this long update. This one is for you all.

P.S. - Thank you to [b]oldjediunurse[/b] for taking the time to beta this for me. You've been a great friend and encouraging cheerleader. [/color] [face_rose]

[hr]

[b]CHAPTER 32[/b]

Mara awoke, but her eyelids remained closed from the pain that broke through the numbness of sleep and stun discharges. Kriff, her body hurt. Every tiny hair that moved to the flow of phantom air cycling units ached, every breath she put in and let out made her lungs shudder in spasms. The rust of blood still lingered within her mouth and her swollen lip felt heavy from that hit it took.

The sound of moving feet against the smooth prison floor caught Mara's attention and she cracked her curious eyes to reveal green slits. Mara gave a deadly stare as Pellaeon knelt beside her.

Pellaeon rested on his knees. In the moment before he spoke, he stared quietly at her.

"That was very foolish of you, Commander Jade."

Working what little saliva she had in her mouth, Mara replied dryly, "You should know by now that it's not in my nature to cooperate easily. Who's the fool for letting his guard down?"

Pellaeon laughed a little. "I wouldn't call it that, we were only too trusting."

"Which makes you and your traitorous agent even more foolish."

A shadow crossed over Pellaeon's face and any trace of false pleasantry disappeared. "Enough," he said sternly. "You have been brought here because you know of a location to something we do not. I recommend that you work together with us in this serious matter. If you follow through on your part, I promise you personally a high-ranking position in the Imperial navy: I guarantee you your own ship. Through your help, you will return to your former glory and with that will come the respect that I know you must miss very much."

Spying the small cup Pellaeon had at his side, Mara pretended to have even greater trouble speaking. "What," she swallowed, "what are you looking for?"

The man before her took a deep breath, he was so close to his achieving goals.

"The Ghost Fleet."

"The Ghost Fleet?" Mara repeated with a raise of her eyebrow. Trying to talk, her voice cracked from being parched. How long had she been held prisoner for?

"Here, here," Pellaeon gestured, giving Mara the cup of what appeared to be water.

She accepted it but didn't drink from the object. Shaking her head, Mara strained her voice, "Never heard of it."

"You must be mistaken," Pellaeon's face betrayed the calmness in his voice, "the Fleet was known only to those in the Emperor's highest circles of aides and agents."

Mara snorted, "Then I guess I wasn't in Palpatine's 'highest circle' of service since I don't have a clue what you're talking about."

Pellaeon shook his head hesitantly. "That can't be... I was told you'd know. You were his Hand, you must have heard him talk about the Ghost Fleet at some point."

There was a roll of tiring eyes. "Well, whoever told you that doesn't know a thing. If you've put credits on finding that out, you were gypped.?

Pellaeon glanced over his shoulder, Mara guessed he was eyeing the surveillance camera. He turned back to his prisoner. "I know," he struggled trying a different route, "I know that the last few years haven't been the most kind to you. I can't imagine how I'd act or be if the galaxy had been as cruel to me as

4. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Wow. That was an amazing post. I actually felt ill during Mara's interrogation.

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, Mara! What have they done to you? I hope they meet a horrible end. [face_devil]

That post was amazing. So vivid and intense! I really felt Mara's anguish. You paced it perfectly.

Rosetta and the boys are off to try to get Mara back, and Ghent is up to ... what is Ghent up to? I don't trust his lady friend. I think she is going to swallow him up like the little fishies. Not a good idea to let the master code breaker get tipsy with a strange woman.[face_worried]

Good luck with graduate school. I'm going to miss BOTH, but I know you haven't abandoned it, so I can wait. Patience. Patience.

=D= =D= =D=

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Twinnie is BACK! [face_dancing]

(And you know I'll always wait for updates. School comes first. But if I catch you on chat, expect a few [face_batting] and pleading for updates! ;))

And, again, I can never say how much your Mara impresses me. You have such a kinship with her, almost as if she's a kindred spirit.

For all the struggle she had tried, for all the fight she still had left in her, Mara was trapped and her prospects weren't looking good.

That's right. All the fight left within her. Hear that Del-Rey?? *shakes fist*

This story is amazing and I am so glad to be a part of it with you, gal! Your updates are always terrific. Take care and good luck in school! (Come on winter-break, right?? hee!)

[:D]

7. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Ha that was amazing... this story is amazing!!! Can i be added to the pm list please?

PHGS Weyr

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Per-fec-tion.

I have nothing to add to that.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Missed you! [:D]

Awesome post! Great interrogation! Yikes, she gave in! :(

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    :eek: Woah...

I loved all the details, right down to Luke and Lando tracking down Mara down with the help of other people and the fading signal on the tracking beacon.

And... I don't think Mara gave in (you have to be in your right mind and conscious to do that, right?) so much as "leaked" inadvertantly. She was... kinda not totally with it, but she's probably not gonna see it that way...

Good post, Miranda. :) Very, very well done.

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I know how grad school is so all I can say is make sure you take some down time. Time to de-stress. Its necessary or you will reach burnout pretty fast.

Speaking of burnout. Holy smokes what a chapter. It kept building and building and building and that torture scene, while tasteful was masterful. Poor Mara..

I'm going to have to read it again at some point but i have to get up at 5 am and its aready 11 for the conference i'm working here in St. Paul

Awesome job.

12. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    Miranda!!!!!!!! ? this has got to be one of my favorite chapters so far. :eek: And that is saying something since this story just raises the bar with each new post. I feel as though this is finally the point you?ve been striving toward your storytelling. I bet the climax is drawing near. I?m scared for Mara and even though she fought so hard, I?m wondering at what cost? It seems she drew a little on the dark side energy there. And can I tell you how much I?m enjoying your original characters? Rosetta is hilarious and fits perfectly into the SW realm. I love the ?Drunken Corellians? password. [face_laugh] And then to add to the already high tension, Nurev channels a little Sly Moore? If I were Pellaeon, I?d be running to the Outer Rim Territories. Good luck with school. I am back into the daily grind too.

Oh - one more thing! The part with Sly saying to Mara that she has been chosen. Verrrrryyy cool. I know we've heard that before in one of Mara's flashbacks. This plot is amazing. The pro books could pick up a pointer on your continuity.

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Awesome, awesome chapter, Miranda! =D= I can't even pick a favorite part, but you've got tough-as-nails Mara down perfectly! [face_beatup]

Good luck with school. We'll still be here when DRL lets up. [:D]

14. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Holy cow!!! How did I not find this story sooner? Your characterization is spot on and the plot is suspenseful. Everything I would expect in a Star Wars story.

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Took me a couple days to catch up on reading the whole story, but it was great! I could feel Mara's pain during the interrogation. And Kuat is where Ghent is! Hope Luke and Karrde catch up quickly.

16. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Hi, Friends!

Thank you all for your feedback. It's really made my day. :) I appreciate your patience. Grad school is crazy and while I wish I had wrapped this up during the Summer months, it does give me something creative to look forward to doing. I'll keep you posted on the story's progress.

A ton of thanks!

[face_peace]

[quote=StarFighter5]Wow. That was an amazing post. I actually felt ill during Mara's interrogation.[/quote]

Hi, [b]StarFighter[/b]! Sorry for making you feel sick with the interrogation! I had no idea conveying what Mara was going through would physically impact a reader. Very interesting insight to learn from. I?m so happy you liked the post, though. ;)My thanks!

[quote=divapilot]Oh, Mara! What have they done to you? I hope they meet a horrible end. [face_devil] [/quote]

Well, you must know I have something in mind? They don?t mess with our girl and get away with it? [face_mischief]

[quote=divapilot]That post was amazing. So vivid and intense! I really felt Mara's anguish. You paced it perfectly.[/quote]

Wow! [face_hugs] I?m speechless, [b]diva[/b]. Thank you!

[quote=divapilot]Rosetta and the boys are off to try to get Mara back, and Ghent is up to ... what is Ghent up to? I don't trust his lady friend. I think she is going to swallow him up like the little fishies. Not a good idea to let the master code breaker get tipsy with a strange woman.[face_worried] [/quote]

I admit?the symbolic writer in me had fun with the fishes and Ghent. ;)

[quote=divapilot]Good luck with graduate school. I'm going to miss BOTH, but I know you haven't abandoned it, so I can wait. [i]Patience. Patience. [/i]
    [face_applause] [face_applause] [face_applause] [/quote]

Thank you for the luck. I?m going to need it! I miss writing BOTH and it?s always in my mind of what I need to do next with the story. The rest from here on out is all heading towards the conclusion so expect exciting and tense situations. A big thanks to you and your encouraging words, [b]diva[/b].

[quote=ginchy]Twinnie is BACK! [face_dancing]

(And you know I'll always wait for updates. School comes first. But if I catch you on chat, expect a few [face_batting] and pleading for updates! ;)) [/quote]

[face_laugh]

[quote=ginchy]And, again, I can never say how much your Mara impresses me. You have such a kinship with her, almost as if she's a kindred spirit. [/quote]

Aww, Twin! Mara is such an amazing character. In the pro novels the authors don?t know what they?re missing in doing what they?ve done. It?s sad that Mara never soared to the potential she should have been able to have gone to.

[quote=ginchy][i]For all the struggle she had tried, for all the fight she still had left in her, Mara was trapped and her prospects weren't looking good. [/i]
    That's right. All the fight left within her. Hear that Del-Rey?? *shakes fist*
    This story is amazing and I am so glad to be a part of it with you, gal! Your updates are always terrific. Take care and good luck in school! (Come on winter-break, right?? hee!)[/quote]

Thank you for the luck, twin! As always you?re too kind but I?m so happy you liked this chapter. It?s hard pleasing Mara?s most dedicated fans. :D

[quote=PHGS_Weyr]Ha that was amazing... this story is amazing!!! Can i be added to the pm list please?
    PHGS Weyr[/quote]

Hi, [b]PHGS_Weyr[/b]! Welcome and thank you for reading. I?m super giddy you are liking this story. Thanks again and you?ve been added to the PM list.

[quote=Golden_Jedi]Per-fec-tion.
    I have nothing to add to that.
    [face_applause] [face_applause] [face_applause] [face_applause] [face_applause] [/quote]

[face_hugs] Thank you, [b]Goldie[/b]. Five applauses? WOW! Thanks for sticking with this story.

[quote=RedGold]Missed you! [:D]

Awesome post! Great interrogation! Yikes, she gave in! :([/quote]

Hello, Master! :D I?m so pleased you like the latest. I wanted to write the interrogation very real, very diso

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great to see this back! Poor Mara - what an onslaught - brilliantly captured! =D=

18. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Sorry for making you feel sick with the interrogation! I had no idea conveying what Mara was going through would physically impact a reader.

I have a very active imagination. I could put myself in her position with your writing ability. No worries.

19. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    Ok, my turn to reply (late, as always [face_blush]):
    @};- [face_dancing] =D= =D= [face_dancing] :_| @};- :eek: [face_hypnotized]
    Is there a synonym for perfection?
    This might just be your best chapter yet, not in the sadistic-Mara-gets-tortured-way,
    but meaning that it was so well written that you get a very real sense of things.
    True, it's hard to compare this chapter with the others because they're all wonderfully written,
    but this might just be my favorite one!
    Love it!

I apologize for not replying earlier, although I was online at the same time you posted,
    but I am a lazy replier and I like to savor each word. Forgive me!

Thank you for the long chapter! You were right; it was long and more than worth the wait.

Also, I promise I won't bug you with an update anytime soon! "Imperial Scout's Honor!"[face_peace]
    At least until next year![face_whistling] =D= =D= =D=

20. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late :( I didn't realize this had been updated [face_blush]

P.S. - Thank you to oldjediunurse for taking the time to beta this for me. You've been a great friend and encouraging cheerleader.

oldjedicheerleader? :p

Mara awoke, but her eyelids remained closed from the pain that broke through the numbness of sleep and stun discharges. Kriff, her body hurt. Every tiny hair that moved to the flow of phantom air cycling units ached, every breath she put in and let out made her lungs shudder in spasms. The rust of blood still lingered within her mouth and her swollen lip felt heavy from that hit it took.

What vivid descriptions =D= Nicely done.

Working what little saliva she had in her mouth, Mara replied dryly, "You should know by now that it's not in my nature to cooperate easily. Who's the fool for letting his guard down?"

"Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who gets kicked in the face?"

A shadow crossed over Pellaeon's face and any trace of false pleasantry disappeared. "Enough," he said sternly. "You have been brought here because you know of a location to something we do not. I recommend that you work together with us in this serious matter. If you follow through on your part, I promise you personally a high-ranking position in the Imperial navy: I guarantee you your own ship. Through your help, you will return to your former glory and with that will come the respect that I know you must miss very much."

Mara's not going to go for that :rolleyes: I doubt she thinks much of that "former glory" either...

You will be taken care of."

That can be interpreted a lot of different ways o_O

However, now Mara was a new woman. A freed woman from the chains that bound her to the past...

"...And a hawt woman." [face_batting]

I knew she wouldn't be interested in Pellaeon's sale's pitch [face_talk_hand]

It was hard to get past the bitter taste of dissolving dried blood. Veiled and laced into the water was the muted sweetness of a drugging agent.

Sneaky.

Suddenly, she spat the water out at him.
    He drew back with an electric jolt, the liquid rolled down his face in heavy drops of blood mixed with water. His brow furrowed in disappointment and surprise.

I knew that was coming [face_dancing] Mara rocks :cool:

Pellaeon?s expression was that of being appalled. "It was a relaxing agent I was giving you, not a doping drug." A new shadow fell over Pellaeon's face, this time his eyes narrowed severely. "Since you have made it clear you will not assist our efforts, you have given me no choice. If it's the interrogator droids you prefer, then so be it."

Their motors will give out before Mara breaks [face_talk_hand]

"From my Lady, the High Priestess of the Dark Collective. She warns you would do well to take great care of your other prisoner. The Emperor's Hand has much resolve and is stubborn. If anything happens to her through your interrogations..." Belseech opened his eyes again, the gray shade burned with an orange-like glow, "you will pay. Severely."

Yikes.

I'm starting to think Pellaeon and Mara will team up again Barak and Sly at some point [face_thinking]

Wavy blonde hair shimmered in the fluorescent pink and purple light of city-life. Violet eyes twinkled as they fell on Ghent. Tonight she was wearing a shimmersilk tunic and pants, the top revealing all that a young man's imagination hoped would be there and more.

Aw, bewbs. Will their wondrousness never cease?

"You drink first," Drewena smiled excitedly.

I don't trust her :p

The Lambda-class shuttle at an initial glance appeared to be acceptable for duty. However, high above the cockpit, towards the midsection was something the Imperials would no doubt find interesting. Nestled against one side of the top dorsal fin was a small circular tracking device. The shuttle picked up the tracker on one of the Antar moons and the longer the Imperia

21. desertgirl

desertgirl Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    Grand slamming chapter, Miranda!!! A real home run. Baseball is on my mind. I can't help it. :p Poor Mara! What have the Imperials gone and done to her?? The end is making me fear the worst as the answer was ripped from her. And the fleet is on Kuat of all places? Ghent's there. :eek:

"I have a message to give you, Commander Pellaeon."

He raised his brow, somewhat intrigued. "A message?"

"From my Lady, the High Priestess of the Dark Collective. She warns you would do well to take great care of your other prisoner. The Emperor's Hand has much resolve and is stubborn. If anything happens to her through your interrogations..." Belseech opened his eyes again, the gray shade burned with an orange-like glow, "you will pay. Severely."

:eek: Sly Moore makes an appearance even though she wasn't really there. Scary! I'm leery of the dark side helping Mara. It didn't look like it did anythnig for her but get the information out that the Imperials wanted. This looks a little sketchy.

Well, got to run. But just wanted to let you know what a great story this is and that I'm picking my jaw off the floor. ;)

22. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Totally amazing chapter, Miranda! You already know my favorite sections!! [:D]

o_O

Okay, fine, YodaKenobewbs.

:p

23. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sad but true :(

24. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Hello, gang!

Just a quick thank you to everyone for all your wonderful feedback. All of your excitement to see what?s coming next is making me want to write so badly. But I?m afraid I?ve been swallowed up whole by grad papers and presentations. I?m checking off the days till holiday break?

[quote=JadeLotus]Great to see this back! Poor Mara - what an onslaught - brilliantly captured! [face_applause] [/quote]

Thanks so much, [b]JL[/b]. [face_hugs]

[quote=StarFighter5][i]Sorry for making you feel sick with the interrogation! I had no idea conveying what Mara was going through would physically impact a reader.[/i]

I have a very active imagination. I could put myself in her position with your writing ability. No worries.[/quote]
    Hello, [b]StarFighter[/b]! I can relate to having an active imagination? It sometimes gets ahead of me. And thank you for the comment about my writing. You really brightened my night up! :D

[quote=AniriRevan][color=crimson]Ok, my turn to reply (late, as always [face_blush]):
    [face_rose] [face_dancing] [face_applause] [face_applause] [face_dancing] [face_cry] [face_rose] [face_shock] [face_hypnotized]
    Is there a synonym for perfection? [/quote]

[face_blush]

[quote=AniriRevan]This might just be your best chapter yet, not in the sadistic-Mara-gets-tortured-way,
    but meaning that it was so well written that you get a very real sense of things.
    True, it's hard to compare this chapter with the others because they're all wonderfully written,
    but this might just be my favorite one!
    Love it![/color][/quote]

Realism was what I wanted to do here. Everything that goes into this story has a purpose and I wouldn?t expose Mara to such cruelty unless there was a deciding outcome for it. I?m not one to unnecessarily bring characters into violence unless there is a chance for them to grow out of it. Then that is progress for them. I hope that makes some sense? I was afraid of what the reaction would be especially revolving around the interrogation scene. Being a fan that loves Mara?s strength, I wanted to bring her character to an element that the pros have forgotten time and time again. She?s a survivor through and through.

[quote=AniriRevan][color=crimson]I apologize for not replying earlier, although I was online at the same time you posted,
    but I am a lazy replier and I like to savor each word. Forgive me!

Thank you for the long chapter! You were right; it was long and more than worth the wait.[/color] [/quote]

No need to apologize, my friend! I truly understand as I have many fics I need to catch up with. And you?re very welcome for the long chapter. I was thinking of all the readers and was hoping you?d all be as equally excited reading it as I was while writing it. Can?t thank you enough!

[quote=AniriRevan][color=crimson]Also, I promise I won't bug you with an update anytime soon! "Imperial Scout's Honor!"[face_peace]
    At least until next year![face_whistling] [face_applause] [face_applause] [face_applause] [/color][/quote]

I?m honored by the ?bugging? although I wouldn?t call it ?bugging.? [face_laugh] ;) Thank you, again.

[quote=YodaKenobi]Sorry I'm late :( I didn't realize this had been updated [face_blush]

[i]P.S. - Thank you to oldjediunurse for taking the time to beta this for me. You've been a great friend and encouraging cheerleader. [/i]

[b]oldjedicheerleader[/b]? :p [/quote]

[face_laugh] Aww, [b]Yobi[/b]?how I look forward to your posts.

[quote=YodaKenobi][i]Mara awoke, but her eyelids remained closed from the pain that broke through the numbness of sleep and stun discharges. Kriff, her body hurt. Every tiny hair that moved to the flow of phantom air cycling units ached, every breath she put in and let out made her lungs shudder in spasms. The rust of blood still lingered within her mouth and her swollen lip felt heavy from that hit it took. [/i]

What vivid descriptions [face_applause] Nicely done.[/quote]

Thank you! [face_blush]

[quote=YodaKenodi][i]Workin

25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Sorry for being late. Great chapter as always. I really enjoyed this one, I was hooked on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.