main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Blood of the Hand (Mara, Luke, H/L, & more) Author's Note 04/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MirandaFair, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    *claps* Oh look, the PM icon thingy, I guess that was your PM? hmm? :p

Great update, Miranda! :D [face_dancing]

2. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Interesting... What have the media discovered?

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ok,
    Now that was not very nice...
    What a cruel cruel cliffie!

but so very intriguing

4. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    You've been taking lessons from RedGold, haven't you? :p

What an evil cliffie. I can't wait to find out what they've discovered (or made up?) about Mara.

Please post more soon! [face_praying]

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    *starts to cry*
    What a wonderful tease and cliffy, you do me proud!
    [:D]

[face_devil]

6. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    good update as usual, but BAAAD cliffie:_|

waiting to see what's the news [face_thinking]

7. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Terrific update. ;)

Although, I kinda have a bad feeling about this... [face_worried]

8. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Yikes! Palpy, Palpy, Palpy. Did you and Vader learn NOTHING from the Jedi Purge? DO NOT KEEP HOLORECORDS!

<ANOTHER of RedGold's evil cliffy minions?! Wipe them out. All of them.>

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm very embarrassed...I haven't been reading this story because...

because....

Oh, I can't even say it.

Sigh.

Okay...I'll admit...though the name sounded familiar, I didn't know who SLY MOORE was!!!

[face_blush]

But, I finally went and looked her up in the Star Wars Databank and now I feel that I need a good, swift kick in the pants.

LOL

So, I've read...and realized I jumped in right when a massive cliff-hanger occured.

My timing stinks. ;)

So...I'm here now. And looking forward to more.

:D

10. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    What you can't stop now. need more.

11. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Need more! You ended things curiously, and I am very interesting to see what happens. Mara is fast becoming one of my most liked characters, thanks to you, and that is saying alot! You write her well, especially interaction between Luke and Leia. Keep it coming, and sorry for being late for the hundredth time [face_blush]

12. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Courtney_Solo:
    *claps* Oh look, the PM icon thingy, I guess that was your PM? hmm? :p

That would be me. hehe;)

Great update, Miranda!

Thank you, Courtney!

Golden_Jedi:
    Interesting... What have the media discovered?

Hmmm...there are a couple of hints. *Will say no more*[face_not_talking] ;)

Thanks! [face_batting]

jade51999:
    Ok,
    Now that was not very nice...
    What a cruel cruel cliffie!

Aww...it could have been worse. [face_batting]

but so very intriguing

Glad you liked it. Thanks a bunch![:D]

JadeLotus:You've been taking lessons from RedGold, haven't you?

What an evil cliffie.

Wow! An 'evil cliffy' note?! A funny thing in the case of writing this chapter...I didn't think it was too bad. Then again, that's because I know where the plot is going. I try to look from the outside in, like a reader would. But sometimes it's hard to separate the two.

Thank you! [:D]

I can't wait to find out what they've discovered (or made up?) about Mara.

That seems to be the question. hehe

Please post more soon!

I shall try my best. *salutes*[face_mischief]

RedGold: *starts to cry*

[face_batting] Kleenex?

What a wonderful tease and cliffy, you do me proud!

I appreciate that, Master. Thank you, for the "billionth". [:D]

tasujad:
    good update as usual, but BAAAD cliffie

Thank you and hang on! ;)

waiting to see what's the news

[face_whistling] [:D]

Jadie: Terrific update.

Thank you, Jadie[:D] .

Although, I kinda have a bad feeling about this...

*nods* You're not the only one....[face_worried]

Rosh_Penin: Yikes! Palpy, Palpy, Palpy. Did you and Vader learn NOTHING from the Jedi Purge? DO NOT KEEP HOLORECORDS!

Hmmm...who said it was Palpatine recording away? [face_blush]

<ANOTHER of RedGold's evil cliffy minions?! Wipe them out. All of them.>

[face_laugh] If only it were that easy. ;)

Thanks for reading![:D]

ginchy:

Ginchy!

I'm very embarrassed...I haven't been reading this story because...

because....

Oh, I can't even say it.

Sigh.

Don't be embarrassed! I'm so glad you're here! Welcome!

Okay...I'll admit...though the name sounded familiar, I didn't know who SLY MOORE was!!!

But, I finally went and looked her up in the Star Wars Databank and now I feel that I need a good, swift kick in the pants.

I'm so happy to have struck an interest in you regarding Sly Moore. There's not much about her, which allows for many possibilities as to who she really could have been.

LOL

So, I've read...and realized I jumped in right when a massive cliff-hanger occured.

My timing stinks.

Don't you hate that? Sorry the timing was a little rough there. But I'm hoping it will be worth the wait. ;)

So...I'm here now. And looking forward to more.

I'm glad you joined us! [:D] I look forward to going along with you and everyone on this journey.

ZaraValinor: What you can't stop now. need more.

Aww...I'll write

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm LOL at ginchy! [:D] It's okay - I wouldn't have known who she was either if my husband hadn't met the actress and had his pic taken with her at the FanForce party at Celebration III. She was really nice. And still completely bald, LOL.

Evil cliffie, Miranda! Evil, evil!! :mad:

Can't wait for more...of the story...not evil cliffies....though they're fun, too. I'll shut up now. [face_blush] :D

14. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Trace: I've seen pictures of the actress who played Sly and was too, surprised to see her sporting the bald 'due'. I believe she known for playing bald characters. Especially in the Sci-Fi realm-of-things.

Aww..what's a story if not for a few cliffies? ;) Thanks for R&R! [:D]

And thank you to all my loyal readers for being patient. RL has been on an insane setting this week. Hoping to get an update before the end of the weekend. [:D]

15. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    *delurks*

I found this story through your link in your sig over at the LOST thread. I'm know for being always a lurker and never a poster. ;)

Just wanted to come out of hiding to let you know how much I'm enjoying this intriguing story. Loved the action scenes with the spiders, the space walk and attack, the ball, and the humorous banter between Mara and Lando really well done. A really original idea having Sly Moore part of Mara's past. Can't wait to see how that goes.

I've seemed to come in at a very cliff hanger of a chapter. Hoping this encourages you to update ASAP. If you're sending PMs, would appreciate getting them. I may not post as often, but I'm still reading away. :D

16. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Jetta: Thank you for delurking and for leaving feedback.:D I'm honored to have brought you out of hiding, so-to-speak. Very happy you enjoyed the scenes you pointed out. They are some of my favs too - lot's of fun to write. R&R always is great motivation. You're on the list. Thanks again![:D]

Without further ado....Chapter 10 awaits. Thanks to all my readers...lurking and present. [:D]

[b]CHAPTER 10[/b]

The gaseous jewel tones of the Ghost Nebula circled around the [i]Vendetta[/i]. Sly Moore stood alone in her private chambers and only half-listened to Gilad Pellaeon who appeared on her transmission pad. Beyond the translucent image of the old Imperial, the calculating albino stared at the surrounding viewscreens. Ruminations took Moore away from her command ship and off to the swirling clouds of dust. Her icy heart warmed slightly as she noticed the symbolism. The young orbs of light that nestled closely to the High Priestess' homeworld of Umbara were producing stars. The suns would ignite someday, and the cycle of life would repeat itself. A similar birth was being charted, but not in the ways of elements or physics. Fate was in Moore's skeletal grip. Her plans for a new dark order were materializing; just like the stars that pulsed and radiated, promising the breath of life.

Shifting her feet on the cold durasteel floor, Moore returned from her vision and plotting.

"...and the datacard is now in the care of Coruscant Hourly," Pellaeon continued, unaware of Moore's ignorance. "My men are ready. We can collect Jade...."

"Have you so quickly forgotten the plan, Commander?" Moore's frigid gaze focused back on the gray-haired man.

"No, Madam," Pellaeon swallowed. "I have not."

"Patience, dear Pellaeon," Sly soothed over her shoulder, as she turned her back to him and crossed the space to her chalcedony desk. "After all, Coruscant wasn't built in one planetary day. Nor will our new Empire."

"Yes, Madam." He nodded curtly.

"I trust the response to the information leak has been most unpleasant for the Emperor's Hand?" she inquired as she sat down leisurely.

"The Imperial City has just awoken to the development," notified Pellaeon. "Still no word from Jade or any high ranking officials. Other than Borsk Fel'ya, that is."

Sly Moore raised her bare brows.

"The Bothan has called for an investigation into Jade's past," Pellaeon continued. "He's also rallying for her arrest as an Imperial sympathizer and spy."

"Good, good," approved Moore. "This will most certainly work to our benefit."

"Yes, Excellency," Pellaeon put in, "but if the New Republic arrests Jade, how will we acquire her?"

"She will come to us - one way or another," Moore said insightfully. "I want her truly on our side. It would not be any use if she is forced." Sly's gaze hardened. "She has been turned against us. I want her to realize she should have never left."

Pellaeon's lips pressed together. "Understood."

"Let us ride this wave," she added, "and see where it takes us."

Pellaeon bit back any argument and nodded. He hadn't forgotten Moore's recent disposal of his Captain aboard the [i]Chimaera[/i].

"You will be contacted when the next stone has been set," Sly Moore said, a finality to her tone.

The older man bowed and the transmission faded.

The viewscreen images were now free of any obstacle. Various news sources reported on the same holos. There was a purr deep in her throat. She was pleased - Mara Jade [i]was[/i] strong. She would make a valuable asset, after all it is what destiny seeked her out for.

Sly knew it would cause her former student pain, but Mara had been through worse and survived. This was just another trial for the force-sensitive to prove her quality. It was also another step in bringing the ex-assassin in to Moore's conspiracy.

The restlessness Sly sensed in Pellaeon wormed its way through the cracks in her brief pleasure. He was beginning to turn on her. How far would his deceit stray? She could not foresee. Even thoug

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Oh, I thought at first that it will be a holo of Mara drinking with Han (the first gentleman, isn't he now?) but it seems to be something more elaborated...

18. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Ooooohhhhh...

Sly Moore isn't stupid. How good for her... But it's certainly not good for our Mara. [face_worried]

Still, I have a bad feeling about this...

Great update, Mirand. ;)

19. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    that's it... tease them a bit more... give them bits and hints... but don't tell them yet... hold out as long as you can.... [face_devil]

You've become strong my Padawan... you will soon be a Knight...

and I'm going to have a run for my money!

[face_worried]

20. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ohh the mocking.

looks at RedGold and frowns--giving your friend here tips on being devious eh?

I see how it is.

Ahh uh oh Palleon's in trouble--but he's a smart man--he'll pull through :)
    P

21. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
  22. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    Happy Sunday Morning, all!

Golden_Jedi:
    Oh, I thought at first that it will be a holo of Mara drinking with Han (the first gentleman, isn't he now?) but it seems to be something more elaborated...

Nice thought. But they're out for blood. Muwahahahah [face_whistling]

Thanks for coming back!

Jadie:

Ooooohhhhh...

Ooo! lol I love "Oooohhh's" [face_dancing]

Sly Moore isn't stupid. How good for her... But it's certainly not good for our Mara.

Yes, some darker times are ahead.

Still, I have a bad feeling about this...

Muwahaha...Master is right...turning to the dark side is better. (j/k) Thanks so much, Jadie! [:D]

RedGold:

that's it... tease them a bit more... give them bits and hints... but don't tell them yet... hold out as long as you can....

Words of wisdom. =D= Thanks so much, RedGold. It's funny to look back at my earlier examples and what I've been doing lately. Now I kind of know how to tell a story. So thanks for your guidance. lol!

You've become strong my Padawan... you will soon be a Knight...

Aww...[face_blush] but I'll miss you! Can you say 'separation anxiety'? [face_worried] ;)

and I'm going to have a run for my money!

Nah...we're just going to have to run from the angry mob. :D

jade51999:

ohh the mocking.

She's evil, isn't she? LOL [face_laugh]

looks at RedGold and frowns--giving your friend here tips on being devious eh?

I see how it is.

Awww...it's okay! There, there...you'll find out some things...eventually. [face_batting]

Ahh uh oh Palleon's in trouble--but he's a smart man--he'll pull through

He is smart. But he's underestimating Sly Moore. Could get messy.

Great update, Mirand.

Thank you! Glad I'm leaving you on the edge of your seat. [:D]

P.S. - I love your signature. I'm a HUGE U2 fan as well. Just saw them about a week ago. One of the best nights of my life. [face_love] Hope you had lots of fun at your concert! If you found out how to dismantle an atomic bomb, be sure to pass it along to me. Ok?

oldjedinurse:
    :D

Thank you beta-fanatastic! *hugs* You're always such a help. [:D]

edit: mark ups - eek!

23. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh...that Sly Moore's a crafty one. I fear for Mara if she gets her hands on her...

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    First--to Trace--[:D] LOL

And, now--Miranda--oooohhhhhh. So that's Sly Moore. LMAO I'm worried for our Mara, but not too much--our girl can handle herself. ;)

Great update...can't wait for the next one! =D=

25. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Hmm. An interesting plan, but I fear that Sly may not be taking Mara's friends into account, or at least underestimating them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.