main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I want my boy to stay 13......but I know it wont happen. My 16 year old is flying away day by day....she just rang to say she'd been asked to work with the local MP on Sunday....shes excited. Not a child anymore.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Two Wrongs dont make a right.....and honestly, the mother will teach her boy to bully as she is almost 100% Sure her son is a perfect angel and would never hurt a fly!!

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My husband took my son to this kid's b-day party and reports this kid hit his dad. I try to keep my son away from him.

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    That or a rolled-up newspaper.:p

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, they teach avoidance at school, but how can that work when the bully often follows his victim (or her). A more proactive approach is needed.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am all for a "proactive" approach when it comes to bullies. ;)

[​IMG]

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    There's a fine line somewhere. You can't teach them to hit back,but you want them to stand up for themselves.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I find the public humiliation works, then make sure your kid is NEVER alone for a while after that. But a few times I've had to storm up the school and rip some teacher a new one when my son or daughter has been put in time out for retaliation to a bully who has been at them for months. The kids tell the teachers, the teachers tell them to say away from the bully, the bully keeps at it, and my kids retaliate and get caught!!!

My 7 year old daughter had a very 'large' older girl sit on her in the corner of a building for the whole of recess and lunch, took her lunch and my girl came home crying and with bruises and cuts.......yeah, that went down well as I marched back up the school and got stuck into the teacher who was told but said nothing!!!

My son had a bigger boy lay on him, my boy couldn't breathe and sunk his teeth in in fear, said he thought he was going to die. Bit the boys.......manhood. My son was put in office time out for sexual harassment!........yeah, I had a few choice words that day too. This boy was 3 years older and twice the size of my boy and his mother stood there and accused my little 6 year old of bullying her 9 year old over weight and over sized monster!

Yeah, don't cross my kids guys, I will come at you with all guns blazing.....

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  10. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Sure it does. After all, two negatives make a positive. :p

zarkinfrood and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    My son actually hit a kid at a picnic for crossing out his chalk drawing and I just stood there and smiled. I was proud he wasn't going to take crap from others.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    On a less depressing note...my brother and I are trying to find cute puppy videos that will make my mom squeal like a little girl (quite fun actually, and she loves to see cute puppies) and I found this one: (warning...CUTE ALERT!)

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    husky's shed on a daily bases.

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I had one, I know :p

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Cute puppy for sure, but the video is a bit long. My son and I lost interest.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Labradoodles!

I want one! There was a job in the paper this week, they wanted someone to care for labradoodle puppies three days a week, it was a registered breeder.......I would have gone for it except it was 90 mins drive from here.......

18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I love huskies. I think that they are the most beautiful dog that there is. If I ever get a dog that is the breed that I'll get.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, I just skipped the middle part of the video myself. Who cares about the people in the background, we've got a cute puppy to 'awwwww' at! :p

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Dogs are great. When everyone or anyone in your family is on your last nerve you can just grab the leash and say you have to walk the dog. The dog is happy and you get out of the house.

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh, and I can confirm that a Husky is a great dog to have DG. Quite a nice and playful breed. Though mine was blind.

22. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    When I was delivering pizzas, a couple of my customers had Huskies and they were very friendly and playful.

23. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    If you thought the last vid was too long...I bring one my brother showed me (warning...CUTE!!!!)

24. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I had a choco lab pointer mix, a racoon was trying to attack me, Bram chased it up a tree, sniffed the ground and assumed the pose of pointing and lifting up a paw.

We weren't sure what mixed breed he was but that confirmed my suspicions for me

25. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Awwww puppy. Alas, dogs are only cute when they are small. Big dogs scare me. >.> Except my friend's dog Bailey who is the cutest, sweetest most amazing dog EVER. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.