Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    They are a funny lot aren't they?
  2. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
  4. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    maybe its just me....

Good. Means you have taste.
  5. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Oh the Humanity!?! The Pain!?!?! :_|
    [IMG]
    Me as Sybil Trelawney and my friend as The Quiddich Coach Madam Hooch! Yep, a HP Fan here...
    [IMG]
    My kids in costume!!!
    Last edited by Adalia-Durron, Dec 4, 2012
  6. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Harry Potter's great.

And anyone judging it by trying to watch one of the movies (and since the movie was unspecified it might not even have been the first one, so less sense made to that person) is sadly missing out. The trick is to read the books. They are the natural habitat of the HP story.:p
  7. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    Another day at school. Yippee.

Sent from the future using psychic implants.
  8. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    You would think I am missing out, and you are right it was not the first movie. I think it was the 3rd one, I only watched it up until the kids I was watching fell asleep. As popular as it is Harry Potter definitely has something hoping for it, but my life is busy enough.
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Dec 4, 2012
  9. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Like most series, it's a lot more enjoyable and makes more sense if you start from the beginning.

Like Star Wars, in some ways - ESB, for instance, or ROTJ, would make somewhat less sense to a viewer who hadn't seen ANH. A lot of the details would be missing, and the nuances that enhance enjoyment.;)
  10. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    I saw ROTJ when I was 5 in theaters. Loved it, for a long time I thought it was the only SW movie. My parents are not SW fans, my neighbors took me with them because their boys wanted to see it and those boys were my best friends back then.
  11. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Still... since you're in the EUC I assume there are some SW books you like.

Imagine someone picking up, say, the middle book of a favourite SW series without having known any other SW, and telling you it's terrible and makes no sense. I mean, what are these Jedi it mentions anyway? Who is this guy it just talked about? No, they know Star Wars is terrible now, because they read a Star Wars book.

Wouldn't it be a little frustrating?
    Last edited by Rilwen_Shadowflame, Dec 4, 2012
  12. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    I never said HP was terrible. I said the very little piece I was exposed to was boring to me. I have read some pretty terrible SW books, there are Hanson songs I don't like much and sometimes running is more hard work than it is fun. Did not mean to criticize HP at all. Sorry if it sounded that way.
    CPL_Macja likes this.
  13. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Eh, 's cool, I don't mind people having no interest in HP, just get edgy when it seems like people are coming at it on that score.

But then, my judgement can be a bit odd; I actually read the Twilight Saga all the way through to consider myself entirely qualified to call them festering, worthless pretenders to the name 'literature.':p
    zarkinfrood likes this.
  14. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I waited until Deathly Hollows Part two was in the theaters before seeing the first part. Good thing I waited or I would've gone nuts waiting for the second part to come out.
    Morning all
  15. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Morning everyone! The HP films are pretty good, but I prefer the books - a lot more wordplay and humour that I like. Got interested in HP when they broadcast the entire audiobook of Philosopher's Stone one Boxing Day on one of our National Radio stations - took all afternoon and most of the evening!
  16. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    The only series of books I have read that's not SW is Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove. I'd be surprised if anyone here has even heard of that.
  17. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    I remember the made for TV miniseries

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
  18. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012
  19. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Harry Turtledove is a fun one for alternate histories. ;)

[IMG]
  20. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Apologies for the double post...but I just found something out. The third SG-1 movie? The one that is currently shelved? It was going to have the Stargate go public, something that a lot of people (myself included) have been looking forward to.

Darn you MGM!!!
    Last edited by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012
  22. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, fraggle rock! That's not good MGM :(
  23. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Granted, the best chance they had was back when Anubis went boom in orbit, since it is rather hard to believe that no one noticed the GIANT GOLDEN STREAM shooting up and making a lot of big booms in space :p

Then again, SG has a bit of a bad record in that regard. And I suppose it is to be expected that it gets shelved right as they actually are doing it.
  24. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Perhaps the government decided they want to really go public with the movie :p
  25. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.