main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Interesting puzzle we have here......how'd you end up there and me here?

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to drop off my son at school in 45 minutes and I won't see him again for 48 hours :(

Hope there's going to be someone around here to keep me company this weekend.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Beats me Addie it's a puzzle we may never know.

Is there a school trip over the weekend?

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Just a father son trip. I'm supposed to relax and get all the Christmas shopping and wrapping finished. Off to work for now though.

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    ah okay, sounds like a good idea :)

hugs, some of us will be here.

I swear this phone of mine has a mind of it's own. I didn't know it had activated the camcorder and it recorded from the time I left my desk to when I got home. Then drop box downloaded it onto my computer as soon as it connected to my modem. It recorded for just over nineteen minutes

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I wont be around much this weekend sorry, Archery, picnics and shopping will keep me way busy...

I'll be along 28-31 as he's off on a Fishing Trip with his mates...

7. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll certanly be checking in regularly, Runner! If you need a chat just yell.

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Brrr...

I'm freezing cold... Don't really want to turn on my heater, cause I like having a ~ $75 utility bill, but I'm not sure if I can take the cold much longer.

:/

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    what about a space heater instead?

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Those are kind of rare where I live (Arizona). Don't think I could find one all too easily.

Its only 54 F anyways, and pretty soon its most likely going to get a lot warmer. Our high for the day is 75 F.

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    o_O

Its colder where I am at the moment. your lucky you're still in the fifties...

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Its one degree warmer now (55), and our low for the day was only 45. :p

Its very rare that we ever hit freezing (32).

If you're jealous of my weather now... don't be.

Come Summer, its gonna be over 110 degrees at certain times. Our record is over 120, set in June of 1991 I think. I say over 120 instead of a more precise temperature, cause the airport thermometer broke at 120. :p

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_rofl] 32 is nothing try living in a climate where it can hit as low as -35 every winter, most of the time it's around -10 to -20 between January and February, and can get as low as -35 near the end of January. and have 3 to 6 feet or more of snow dumped every year.

I don't envy you of your summers though it can rise as much as 90 degrees but with the humidity can feel like its 100. One year we had a record high of 110.

14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Try having my summer last year. Tornado went through the town, and then we had a couple months where the weather hovered around 100 most of the time. I'm lucky my house wasn't hit, but it makes the rebuilding effort all the more miraculous considering the temps.

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I still don't understand why I would want to heat space. If the sun can't do it well enough, why would I want to?

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Actually that's not what I find funny. We have tornados go through here too, two years ago Goderich was hit by an F3. It looked like the tornado had crossed the lake from where it originally touched down. Or that's what the footage from the person who filmed it. It was this huge black wedge coming off the lake. I volunteer for storm spotting, I'm sitting there thinking during training to the person, run.

Zarkin, the reason people have space heaters where I live is because sometimes the heat isn't good enough in the apartments and it feels colder during certain times of the day. Temps drop extremely low and I have birds that don't do well in the cold. I have to heat up my apartment more. Plus I live on the main floor and if I was on the top floor then it wouldn't feel quite so cold.

32 degrees is considered warm in the winter.

That's not cold, that's the beginning of spring :D

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    We got hit by an F5...that wrecked about 35 percent of the town (and at 50k people, we're big for Missouri). Considering we got the worst American tornado in 60 years, coupled with absurdly hot temps for the next couple months...we got very unlucky last summer...

18. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Wanna know the last time it hit 90 degrees here?

Last time I checked, it was around a month ago. More or less, give or take.

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember hearing about that.

It's good your safe.

When there was that heat wave in 1989, the day it finally rained after 6 months of no rain, we finally get rain and I'm sitting in the living room watching Cinderella and my dad is standing on the porch watching this tornado hang directly over our house. My dad says come here I want to show you something. We're standing there watching it rotate. I was ten years old.

That would've been bad if it landed on top of the house. Thank God it didn't. It landed five kilometers north of my dads house on someones garage, left one wall standing and they found the roof two kms south in a soy bean field

That day has stuck with me, not something I'm likely to forget, and I remember sitting in the car singing earlier in the afternoon around four pm saying wish it would rain, that would be nice. At the same time I watched as the clouds rolled in when the storm just began to build. The clouds literally rolled right in.

I remember we were coming home from my aunts house, its noon and the sky was pitch black. My dad didn't feel comfortable with driving so we stopped. There was a tornado not too far from where we stopped.

I used to live at the end of Tornado Alley for the states. Some of the storms we got over the years, just want to make you crawl underneath the table. Some of them were just scary.

The last time we had a high temp was October

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Despite being nearly exactly in the middle of tornado alley, Joplin doesn't get that many tornadoes. We just got incredibly unlucky with the one we did get :p

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I guess I should call myself lucky, the most I ever get for Natural disasters is dust storms (commonly called Haboobs, though that term isn't exactly appropriate as it roughly translates to "sandstorm in the middle east") and flash flooding in the monsoon season. Since its rare that we ever get rain, and people usually don't know how to react properly to it here, they had to make a law called the "stupid motorist law" where you get slapped with a heavy fine if you have to be rescued from your car because you tried to cross a flooded street in it.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009

Even if you don't get much rain, common sense would say 'don't try and cross a flooded street'.o_O

JediFalcon likes this.
  23. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
  24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  25. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    It's been awhile. I'm trying to figure out who I recognize here. *pours some grog*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.