main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    hahahahaha *claps hands and giggles like a little kid* yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! I won that thread!!!

I amuse myself. :D

What were we talking about?

Oh, yeah, so what team are you mascotting for, Pelly?

2. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I never fully saw what was wrong with that discussion, even though I'm a Republican. Were posts edited for that kind of response from I_H?

3. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Pelly edited one of her posts there. I thought Imperial_Hammer's should have been, but of course it wasn't. After that people were afraid to continue the civil and interesting discussion they had been having, and I was afraid to post in the thread again. After a while, I lost interest in it.

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Well, I figure since the gang is all here, might as well make a little hello. :)

Good to see this place is still running, many props to Allegra's hard work in making it so.

I think its time to put this little fiasco to bed....

Gosh, I'm amazed that what I did 2 yrs ago still haunts me to this day.

To all involved: Apologies. :)

Its hard being a patron of a social thread, and I think alot of times back in the day, I took my job a little too seriously. I liked to have the BMC be a place where people can talk about things, and I tried very hard to keep the moderators from policing the thread too heavily. We had alot of people back in the day that were very passionate about their beliefs, and oftentimes that spawned into pretty destructive arguments.

At the time, I took it upon myself to do my own sort of local policing, to make sure that we sort of had this free place to post, and to keep the Mods from shutting the thread down.

Sometimes I had to be a bit harsh, and sometimes I crossed the line. I to this very day do not claim any sort of omnipotence or omniscience. I do make mistakes. And I like to think I own up to them eventually.

Whether the convo was civil or not is a hard call to make. Whats civil to some folks might not be civil to others. I don't know why I reacted the way that I did, perhaps I was having a bad day. Perhaps I was getting too touchy about it after doin' the job for so long.

Whatever the case may be, it seems that I was so out of line, that the instance still lives on here in discussion two years after it happened. So again, my apologies. I was in the wrong, and I shouldn't have done or said what I did.

Cinna, I know you don't care for me much at all. But I'd like to put that past us. I don't harbor ill will towards yourself, and I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive me for my misstep back in 2006 and bury the hatchet.

Generally people like me. And I thank Allegra, Dece, and Pelly (nice colors btw, I knew you'd be their rep sooner or later) for the nice things said about me. I'd hope that in time, you'll come into that camp Cinna. :)

And so there you have it. :)

*Sits down and has a Jeru Tea, exhausted*

-I_H

5. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    No need to apologize in my book, I_H. What was two years ago was two years ago, and needs to rest.

How are you doing, besides being exhausted? :)

6. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm so very confused. The link provided me was to the end of a BMC thread and does not contain what this is all about.

I do remember this.. and I kind of remember people's feathers getting ruffled, but I didn't think it was that big a deal. Certainly I had forgotten about it until now.

Anyway, I apologize if I did anything in there that anybody was offended by, as well.

I hope you two can make up. I know Imp well, I'd like to thin, and he really does have the best intentions. And from what I know of you, Allegra, you're well-meaning as well. Doesn't make sense why to nice people should be at odds. :(

Anyway, good to see you, Imp [I hope my PM wasn't too long or real for you... I might've given you more than you bargained for. :p ].

7. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    *pops back in*

So what did I miss?

8. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Stretches*

How I been doin'?

Weeeeelll.... haha,

Good. Keepin' busy as per my standard.

Got me some boards to watch over, make sure the law is maintained and all that good stuff...

As to RL, just finishing up college here at UCLA. Going to be going to Grad School next year at the University of Illinois in Political Science. Aimin' for a Ph.D and later professorship.

So theres been that. And graduation, all the hoo haa and festivities. And then of course, just staying on top of the school work for this quarter! Gotta get that graduation after all. :p

Dece: Your PM was very nice. Sorry I haven't had time to response. Theres always so much to do. It was nice to hear what you've all been up to. As to your Crimson Jedi RPG, you know you're good for it. Shoot me a PM if you'd like some guidance and that show will be on the road!

-I_H

9. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Word. :p

wow. your icon is REALLY ugly, btw, Imp.

[:D]

10. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Imperial_hammer, I resented your acting like a mod before you were one. [face_frustrated] I didn't think it was right. And when you did become a mod, I thought you would get worse. Now I see that you've gotten better. :)

11. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    Much better.

*comes from upstairs with a basket of towels from the hotel aspect of the BMC*

*Stops midway down the stair way and smiles down upon the familiar face in the Cantina*

Hiya Mistah Hammah.

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    yay, allegra and imperial hammer are rfirnedA!!!

I've rhad rto amy sithc shcorthers.

13. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    Hence why I put a hold on them, Dece. ;)

14. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    *brings Dece a small sachet*
    Dissolve this in hot water. It'll kill the hangover you've been preparing for with those Sith Scorchers.
    *slightly prim smile*Not that I'd know first-hand, but it helps others.

15. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    *wonders what sith scorchers are* :confused:

16. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Amanda:
    Sith Scorcher
    This was one of the more popular mixed drinks served at The Glow Dome, on Adarlon, and was set afire before being served

17. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    o_O I wouldn't want anywhere near those then....

*is now secret afraid of fire*

18. Sithy_

Sithy_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2008
    My dear Dece, I do not mascot. I simply make an utter fool out of myself wearing a fursuit :p

ilu Hammer...but I have been a CR for a long time now ;) *patpat*

It's Queen's Day, everyone is out, but I'm not >_< I've been ill-ish for the past week and I've learned to take it easy, especially since fieldwork starts next week. Meh.

19. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    So, I may or may not have made an ass of myself about three hours ago drunk posting in the JCC....

20. Sithy_

Apr 23, 2008
    Not to be harsh, but take it easy there pal. I read that one thread on smoking from you and it kind of made me sad. Why do you do these things to fit in?
    I dunno about you, but I don't /really/ fancy people that smell like cigarettes, and have horrible teeth [face_sick]
    *shrug* Your life of course, just saying...

[:D]

Anthrocon 2007 those are fursuits ;)

21. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Why does everyone read that as me trying to fit in?

The dip thing was sort of like that, but it's because being in the field in the amry sucks. It would be really nice to be able to have a buzz while doing **** that sucks. It wasn't as much I'm going to do this because everyone else does... it was mor everyone else does and it makese sense to me, so I might try it.

The cigar thing... I just think cigars are bad-ass. I enjoy smoking them. I don't think I need a cigar to be cool and I don't smoke cigars to try and be cool. I don't smoke them often. Maybe one or two every couple of weeks.

cigarettes- I enjoy the buzz I get when I smoke them. I don't smoke them a lot. I'm not about to start smoking regularly. I felt bad about bumming so many cigs off my friend [but we always go out together while he smokes and talk and he's smoking... and I don't mind the buzz...] so I thought I might buy a pack just to have when we go outside. But I thought maybe that was crossing the line of being a non-smoker to a smoker. I don't want to be a smoker.

I haven't started dipping and don't plan on it, though I was thinking about it. I didn't buy the pack of cigarettes. I still bum smokes off my friend but kick him a couple bucks here and there now. I still occassionally smoke cigars.

Now, this summer, I don't see myself smoking much at all. Maybe every once in a while when I see certain friends, but not much outside that.

With the drinking... I developed a drinking problem that culminated in an underage consumption charge and poisoning hospitalization. I was flirting with alcoholism. I've learned from that and control my drinking now.

I was not wasted 4 hours ago. I don't get wasted anymore, but I was in a state of mind where I was extremely giggly, kind of clumsy on the keys, and didn't care to proof-read my posts, although I could have probably posted coherently [as I did a few times] if I had spent an extra 30 seconds on each post.

There. I don't think any of that is that bad [besides the alcohol thing in the past].

22. Sithy_

Apr 23, 2008
    Because you said "everyone else does it", see. That made most people think you were doing it just because of that. (Does that make sense? Heh.) To be honest, I think you need to re-consider your career choices if you need a buzz to do it. That, and it's not exactly /safe/ to do so. Especially not in that job.
    I won't lie, you know my country is kinda different. I've never been drunk (mostly because alcohol causes endometriosis flareups, haha) but I /have/ tried a certain type of cake. Mostly to stop my pains, it helped. But I wouldn't /ever/ do that while on the job or anything.
    Cigars, dipping...it is all addictive. Just because it is more socially accepted doesn't change what they are: drugs. Once you rely on them to get a buzz...you'll never get a "buzz" any other way again.

It's good you can control your drinking. It saddens me to see you went through that.

My personal opinion? If you really want to be in the army...don't do it on a buzz. One day, you might need those skills. if you need a buzz just to be able to do it, it might not be the right path for you.

I think those things are all bad. You're far too young to start that crap.

I'll shut up now, seeing as it is your life, and at 18 you're old enough to decide for yourself.

23. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I don't think you understand a tobacco/cigarette buzz. It's not like being drunk or high. I wouldn't have to do it to function the same way I function when I have one. It's not like if I learn something while buzzed, I'll only remember it buzzed. Of course, it's not like that being drunk or high either.

A cigarette buzz is just relaxing. That's all. It's not a high. It feels good, but in a completely different way. It doesn't impair your thinking or judgement, either.

Also, the buzz is not what's addicting. Smokers aren't not able to live without the buzz, because smokers don't get buzzed. Maybe if they go a little while without doing it, the first one they have will give them a slight buzz, but you develope a tolerance for it, just like anything else. No, smokers are addicted to the nicotine. It's a chemical thing. They develope a dependence.

And with the... if you need that to do it thing... I do enjoy it. But it sucks. It would be difficult to explain to someone who hasn't done military training. But when you're walking/jogging/running for 5 hours going from point to point on a land navigation course, for instance, it would be nice to have a buzz for a while. It's not only boring, but tiring. You're being physically exhausted. You're being mentally exhausted. Relaxation is a commodity. Time to sit and not work and time to eat are precious.

On a 6 mile ruck march when you have blisters on both of your heels....

I'm fine with the path I've chosen. Just because it's difficult and the training sucks doesn't mean I should quit.

24. Sithy_

Apr 23, 2008
    So you're always going to need a buzz.

Face it, they're all addictions. In that way, it is like being drunk or high. Will you be able to do this job without a buzz? Honestly?

I do think you have a lot of guts to actually go into the army. Would be the worst job ever for me even if I were healthy, haha xD

25. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    No. Because eventually you don't get a buzz.

Yes. I would. Cigarettes have been part of the militaries all over the world since cigarettes have been in existence. Have you ever heard the phrase "If you got 'em, smoke 'em!" ??

It's irrelevant, though, because I'm not going to start seriously smoking [I can't get away with smoking in field training, anyway, so it's even more irrelevant] or dipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.