main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You trying to show me up Tim?

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks, Grand Master!

You are an excellent Master, Master! All the same, I think I'll stick to Caf tonight!

3. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    No, Runner -- just not wanting to get carried out of here!!

4. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm sticking to milk and water and stuff. :p

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    To be honest I rarely drink and there's nothing in my house to drink anyway. I'll probably make some tea later.

6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Some drinks are okay, but most make me ill.

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    The only time I ever touch any form of alcohol is when I'm in a fight with Darth Snuffles; it doesn't really do anything for me except put me to sleep!

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    We had a bottle of real champagne in our room on my honey moon. I liked that a lot. I also like dark beer, ale and if you mix a drink with ginger ale I will probably like it, because I love ginger ale.

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I drink so little and have trouble figuring out which is a good wine or not, some are okay and some I can't even stand the taste

10. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Have you ever set up a Ginger Beer plant? It's the real deal, but it was too gingery for me.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I very rarely drink alcohol anymore, close to never since my kids were born. But tonight my wife and I will each have a glass of champagne as we ring in the new year and that is it.

[​IMG]

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    No Tim, and you know what. At Trader Joe's they had a ginger breakfast cereal. It was disgusting. So I now only do ginger ale for ginger. Learned my lesson.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Never drank. Probably a good thing since its still technically illegal for me :p

Also: about 5 and a half hours for me.

14. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    We (back when the parents drank wine with the Sunday Roast, Christmas etc.) only had two -- Blue Nun (white) for Chicken/Turkey and Mateus Rose for everything else. My godfather had a real liking for Chateauneuf du Pape, that one looked (and tasted like) red ink!

It's all about personal taste :)

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Runjedirun, no ginger snaps?

By the way, I'm 24 years old and have never drank before, because up until over half a year ago I was taking medication that wouldn't have mixed well with alcohol, maybe even fatally. Then, after that, since everyone had pretty much assumed that I wasn't interested and didn't ask me if I wanted a drink from history, and because I was too chicken to ask, I still haven't. I would have had some at one of the many concerts I went to, but I kind of wanted my first to be with people I know in case something happened, and I wanted to be fully aware of my surroundings to enjoy the concert the best.

Tonight will be no different. No drinking, especially because I don't have anything of the sort and I'm not really doing anything, just the usual alone in my condo with my cats...

Oh wow, I totally forgot to tell you guys... I got a couple of cats recently. I already knew them quite well, as they used to belong to my ex (whom I am still good friends with), so they adapted nicely to their new location, especially cause my condo is a bit bigger than her apartment.

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You managed to turn me off a wine before I have a chance to taste it ;) :p

17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't think Ma and Pa liked that one either, Master (they just didn't have the excuse of youth to refuse a glass)!

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Ginger snaps are only good if they have sugar on top and if they are soft.

Also my mom's step father was called Jimmy and his son was a Jr, they call him Ginger Snap. *end random family story*

19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    *settles more deeply into comfy chair* Nice story. I don't think I've ever had real ginger snaps. Of course, I don't like super strong tastes usually so...

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    My supervisor at work actually makes really good ginger snaps. Nice soft gooey ones with sugar sprinkled on the top. It's the hard store bought ones I don't like.

21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Then I've never had 'real' ones before.

22. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Mine's playing crazy-cat tonight, Kev; racing up and down the stairs like a mad thing!

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    It's almost next year unless your down under which means it's probably next year already.:p

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't blame them Padawan, some wines just taste like poison blah

25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Used to love the wine section of a programme we had over here called "Food and Drink" which featured Oz Clarke anf Jilly Goulden (sp?), wine experts. I was always waiting for them to finish their description of the tasting with something like "and a subtle hint of cough linctus"!;) Pity, they never did....:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.