main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    Oooh, I'm glad I don't work the night shift anymore. Did it once upon a time in a grocery store, and it was indeed scary. Working security in an Emergency Room on night shift gets scarier, but the grocery store was definitely weirder. All those folks that are almost crazy enough to hurt themselves and wind up in the hospital, yeah...they tend to congregate anywhere that's open...

EDIT: Thankfully, Tim, we Mandos aren't entirely bound by the Jedi Code. We're like walking, talking, incredibly handsome loopholes.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    All of us that worked at night were a bit nuts. We used to have pallet jack races around the store, have frozen turkey bowling tournements, played with the lobsters in the seafood tank and other stuff that I won't mention here. That was a fun job, went a long way towards putting me through college.

[​IMG]

Joe Antonetti and MandoBones like this.
  3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I had seven years of Lone-Night-Worker Security on out-of-the-way sites. So I might qualify!

MandoBones likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yes. Welcome aboard. :p

[​IMG]

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    You think you're nuts, try working downtown. Crazies tend to start coming out an hour before closing time.

One night I thought I was going to have a fight break out in front of my till.

MandoBones likes this.
  6. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    I love pallet jack racing! Only thing better was off road forklift racing...

Looking back, it's amazing how much stuff I used to do and think "Yeah, this seems like a good idea.". *shakes bucket* It's a miracle I've survived this long.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember one time we figured out who was using the employee bathroom in the basement.

We put a lock on it and the looks on peoples face as they walked out was priceless.

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The store would of course still be open while we did it, so we used to have to get the "all clear" from the cashier manning the front end. Then we would get a "clean up aisle whatever" from her when someone would come in and we would have to stop suddenly.

We had to put a stop to it all when someone clipped the lobster tank and started a minor leak....

I wasn't there that night, honest. :p

[​IMG]

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember the one time they were pushing carts back to the store and one of them went right through the window. That put a stop to it once the owner found out.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Shopping cart chariot races! I forgot about those. :oops:

Such a bad idea, but no one ever got too hurt.

[​IMG]

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    You'ld like it over here in some of our stores, Bardan; Mobility Scooters to race!

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We had a couple of those, but we never did much with them. We had out limits. :p

[​IMG]

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember this one time these two men walked in, switched price tags from a cheap pot set to the more expensive pot set. I was immediately suspicious and called my boss and asked him if he marked down the more expensive pot set. He said no then congratulated me later for catching a quick scam at the till.

Better luck next time

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Just when I was beginning to imagine what would have happened at my favorite job ever. Back when I operated a roller coaster at an amusement park in the summers.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Nick and Run was the major problem over here, one time the in-store guard was off chasing a shoplifter, and we got a call over the radio "I'm at the Station" (about a mile from store); then the Manager radioed "what happened to the suspect" and got the reply "I'm sitting on him"!

BultarSwan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We used find people shoplifting from time to time, but not often. At night the customers were outnumbered by employees, there was little chance for them to do something and go unnoticed.

We did have a janitor that was sneaking meat and beer out the loading docks, he got caught. The twilight manager got robbed one time too. He was headed out to his car while we were in the back unloading a truck. He got cut up a bit and they never caught those guys.

[​IMG]

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember walking in then being told someone tried breaking into the office by standing on the railing while working at the lock at the top of the door. The distract manager was there that day and opened the door when he heard an odd noise. Imagine his surprise when he saw the guy standing on the railing with tools in hand.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I worked at a "kiddie park" one summer. Small roller coaster for kids, bumper boats, go-karts, that sort of thing. I hated that job. :p

[​IMG]

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember this one time someone called to ask about the ingredients in gum. Are you serious

We had nick names too, we called one person the candle lady. She would come in and deliberately break the candles in half then ask if they were half off. Hence the nick name

20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Aww, I loved my job at the amusement park, but it was a pretty major theme park.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We used to get nervous guys (usually in their teens or early 20's) asking where we kept the prophylactics. Happened just about every friday night.

The best though was the young woman who came in, bought a six pack of beer, a box of condoms and an early pregnancy test. To this day I am sure she was just messing with us.

[​IMG]

22. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Were they half off?

23. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    "No I wasn't" said young woman.o_O

24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    When I worked Quality Control at Shippams (Meat and Fish Paste + Chicken products cannery) someone sent in a letter accusing us of putting dog-food in the Salmon pastes -- Silly-billy didn't know that 'Chum' is a variety of Salmon! (In UK it's also a well-known brand of dog food!).

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Or she could've been messing around with someone else. Who knows ;)

No they were not. We knew what she was doing.

must resist joke must resist joke

benknobi1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.