Social -*-The Blue Moon Cantina-*- ('That's no Moon... oh no, wait, it is.')

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
  2. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    True, I guess I categorised that as a 'callsign' and not a 'nickname'. But that one goes entirely to Addie, she came up with 'bouncer' for me :D
  3. MandoBones Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Becca....Bec-ca...Bec-caw! Caw! Beck-Caw! Like a raven, therefore you shall be Poe.
  4. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    If you are going to be Bouncer you have to throw people out once in a while.
    I've been reading Shadow Wars for about a week and I'm only on the top of page 13, but I read half those pages in the last two days so at least I'm picking up the pace.
  5. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    The best part about catching up on Shadow War is reading about the exploits of the GoL's daring Mandalorian mercenary. :p

[IMG]
    Rebecca_Daniels and MandoBones like this.
  6. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    I feel like I shouldn't have followed your logic there, Bones, but I did. I like it ;)

I'm not a bouncer, just bouncy :p Though I have the skills to throw people out too.

I'm kind of cheating - only reading the GoL posts, since that's likely all I'll be interacting with if I do eventually join. I also read really fast.
  7. MandoBones Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  8. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I didn't read it...I just jumped in :p

Worked for me :p
  9. MandoBones Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Welp, I think I'm off for the evening. Got some gaming to catch up on while my wife is at work. See yall tomorrow.
  10. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    Yea, that's why I started out so slow, then someone finally gave me the hint I only had to read the GOL posts.

Bardan, the best part will be finishing, so I can finally play.
  11. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    That's what I did with the other long running RP I am in, just jumped in. I was lucky I got in on Shadow War at the beginning.

EDIT: G'nite Bones. Looking forward to it Runner. I see Tim has already joined our ranks.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Jan 18, 2013
  12. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I don't have a character yet, and I'm trying to shape one based on who's already there - trying to fill the gaps, so to speak. Definitely going to bring in a humanoid-alien, but reading helps me decide and get to know the other characters better so I can figure out how mine might interact. I used to role-play a lot elsewhere, I have my quirks :p

EDIT: Seeya Bones!
    Last edited by Rebecca_Daniels, Jan 18, 2013
  13. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    She will always be Bouncer to me as when I met Becca she was a little excitable and often put the bouncy ball after what she would say at the Galactic Center. ;). All my squadron have apt callsigns. @adaml83 is 'stealth' as his character would always be seeking up behind me!
    Last edited by Adalia-Durron, Jan 18, 2013
  14. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    Lucky you! I was pretty much told I had to read it. I see the importance and I think I will benefit from it, but you totally should have kept that to yourself. :p
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  15. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    I used your system, Becca. I thought that if the GoL ever comes into contact with the non-allied factions it would be best for me not to know anything about them. Like you, I'm a speed reader (normal SW novel in six hours or less).
  16. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    I'm a fairly slow reader and now I'm discouraged. But I'll get there, I'm also determined.
  17. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    So should I, I'm in the same boat as him!
  18. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Shadow War is short enough, especially if you just stick with the GoL stuff, that I would suggest reading it if you were to join up. I re-read all the GoL stuff a week or two ago just to see how many of my posts were truncated. :p

[IMG]
  19. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    Well looks like I have unexpected time to read tonight....*glares at husband*
  20. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    [IMG] :D

I'm on page 28, but I know I've got a while before I want to jump in (namely that I'm still just an initiate and I'd rather wait until I'm a bit up the food chain before throwing myself in) so I'm not too worried about the speed. The RP will still be there when I'm done - and when you're done too, Runner :)
  21. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I could read through the GoL only stuff, but I need to spend my time typing. I tell you, running my own RP, plus about six fanfics, plus Shadow War...you see the problem :p
  22. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Night, Bones!

Don't be discouraged, Runner -- part of my reason for reading through it was that this is my first attempt at RP (apart from 'let's pretend' when I was very small!). I found that it did help, both with my character and for my confidence!
    Last edited by Tim Battershell, Jan 18, 2013
  23. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 9
    You're only reading up to page thirty?! :eek: This is a situation that mandates a stay-up-all-night-and-read-EVERYTHING!-type situation. :p
  24. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    And that is why I called her bouncer!!
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
    I'm only discouraged because the rules don't apply to everyone Tim. I know I'll find the time to read it. I'm actually enjoying it :)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.