main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XIX ~~ The Blue Moon Awakens

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well if I didn't have kids I could go with the husband. But we have a two year old and babysitters are expensive. I would go, I saw Thor 2 because my parents were in town when that was out and I liked it enough.

I like mostly guy oriented stuff actually. This is always the busiest weekend of spring for us. It's how I remembered free comic book day would be Saturday because were absolutely booked. So must be this weekend [face_sigh]

I'd rather be at the Thunder game tomorrow or Sunday. That's where this woman wants to be :)

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Going to games is so much more exciting than tv or radio.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have a friend who was at the Cavs game last night. He had a blast. :p

Runjedirun likes this.
  4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Most three's scored in any game ever! I'm guessing he's a Cav's fan :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, we all are here. :p Wife and I used to have a partial season ticket plan for the Cavs we shared with a bunch of others in the neighborhood (oddly enough not with this friend though) but we dropped those when my other hobbies started getting too expensive.

6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd have to move to get season tickets. I don't think I could take but so many Wizards games.

Caps fans are waving white flags AGAIN.

Redskins...well Chris Cooley makes me kinda like them. And I pull for them for my husband.

Nationals, well they are in the same division as the Mets, not going to pull for them :p

But I want to move anyway. I am so sick of here.

7. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I recently bought two seasons of Supernatural and so I watched a few episodes today. :D

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A book I have on hold at the library finally came in today. I don't really have time to read it, but I am going to try.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank you :)

Here's the sad part. I ordered my husband a gift basket with food and stuff from pro flowers. I hadn't gotten any e-mails it shipped so around noon today I tracked it and it still hadn't shipped. So I panicked. I called pro-flowers and after an 8 minute hold some poor girl who doesn't even speak good English answers the phone. I just said I wanted a refund, because at this point I was pretty unhappy. She tried to offer me a coupon. I said no I want to cancel since when I track the package it says estimated arrival date May 6-16 and has not been shipped. I'm thinking it's no good to me if it's late. Anyway she does agree to refund it, but she should have just told me it's going to ship tonight. Because now I have an e-mail saying it shipped. I have no idea if it's really going to come or if I cancelled it.

Either I'm an idiot, or they just need people who know how to explain things answering their phones...probably a little of both ;)

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That sucks! The basket looked really nice too. Maybe they are sending it free of charge since they screwed up?

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm happy to pay for it if it gets here. I just wish the girl who answered could have said "I'm looking at your order and it is scheduled to leave tonight and arrive on time." Poor girl sounded really distraught and just didn't have a clue what to say to me. Part of the problem was that I was upset and I knew she didn't understand me so I was frustrated too.

Also would have been nice if they e-mailed me less than 24 hours before it was to arrive so I would have had piece of mind.

Oh well, we shall see what happens.

13. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    G'day all!! :)

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello :)

I'm sorry Runjedirun, they don't sound very customer service oriented.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya everyone! [:D]

I hope you'll have a great anniversary Runner! :)

It could be a number of things, from human error to being at the mercy of a third party but if there was an issue, there should have been some communication. I hope that it does arrive as soon as possible.

I always need something going while I'm working too. I've been mixing it up with audiobooks, podcasts as well as music. If you are curious, I strongly recommend the audiobook for Star Wars: Scoundrels as it is brilliant. Timothy Zahn novel as read by Marc Thompson.

Yay, I've got the Intuos Pro Medium as well and it is fantastic. It could be the sensitivity being set low or that the flow is of the brush in Photoshop had been set lower than it should be. I tend to keep mine at 50%. With Procreate, I think it might be exclusive to the iPads as I can't find it on the Mac App Store which is a shame as I think it is a good alternative to Photoshop. I did see that Autodesk has Sketchpad for both iPad and Macs but haven't tried that yet, will need to do further research on that. I wish you can select which operation system you would like to upgrade to rather than being forced to the newest one. I am not sure how it is with El Captian… I need to check with what my friend has as I think the errors she gets only pops up when you quit the program and not the use of it.

That server :( I should probably upload my works to DeviantArt or something else as a work around. I haven't added anything to my DA for some time now nor update my art thread here for that matter (other than the custom banners we see about on the boards at special occasions). I might do a cross over of Wolverine and Black Widow as they have worked together before and take two off the list in one go. Just need to work out a scenario and setting for them to be together.

EDIT: Bardan_Jusik

This build is amazing. Someone created Hyrule Castle from the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, that puts my meager Lego castle "village" the shame. [face_hypnotized]

And Happy Anniversary Runner.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    But your village has a good spaceport for the starships right?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That's on the other side of the basement. :p With a Lego city in between. I keep the various Lego themes separate unless I'm I mean unless the kids are playing with them. Nothing more fun than watching an AT-AT strike fear in the hearts of the citizens of Lego City as it walks down the streets.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Just like the glorious days of Force Commander :p That would be fun.

Do you have any of the railway ones? I've been seeing videos of them and they run on their own. Are they similar to the model railways?

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope. I kind of wanted some of those to run around the perimeter of Lego City, but there's no room for them really. It's a rather overcrowded urban area now which is quite sad because I also kind of wanted to add the Ghostbuster's firehouse set too, but since I knew it wouldn't fit I didn't get it. :p I suppose I could remove one of the police stations (I have two of them put together to create a central police plaza, Lego City is a police state believe it or not), or even on of the gas stations but I figure I already have batman patrolling the streets, I don't need the Ghostbusters too.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Your collection sounds amazing! At least Batman is there to keep the peace :D It is a bugger about not enough space being the factor for not getting some... that is the bane of every collector. I'm facing that issue at the moment with some of my collectibles and I still got more on the way :p That's why I have been resisting collecting LEGO and been getting the games instead to roam about virtually in the realms.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Batman has to be there, there is a little Arkham asylum on the outskirts of town, near the harbor, and if there is no Batman than the Joker will run wild. :p

Yeah, ran out of space awhile ago. I have "Lego village" which is a big castle set surrounded by a bunch of smaller (though some not so small) Lego Castle sets. That village is set up under constant attack by some orc/goblin type minifigures as well as Vikinings off shore in their longboat. Never fear, the castle's knights and infantry are marching out to meet them. they have to avoid the enchanted forest though because I have some Ewoks living there. I like to say it's what Lego city was in the past. :p

Lego City is centered on the "Police Plaza" I put together by combining two police headquarter sets. I have two gas stations, a movie theater, a fire station, and a small town hall. There is the main street which has some of the bigger "Lego Creator" City sets like the Emporium, Hotel, a grocery store and a cafe and so forth. Those all hook together and form the basis of main street. They keep coming out with more but I don't have room for them now. I do have a small bank and museum (both in the process of being robbed as the city is displayed) and there are some other smaller sets there too like a pizza shop. I even have a small (like tiny) Toys R Us (there has to be because there is a big Toys R Us truck driving down main street) as well as a Santa's workshop. For some reason Lego City is in a constant state of Christmas time, though I do put up jack o' lanterns and skeletons around town for Halloween.

Throughout the City then I have various "scenes" and goings on with how the city is generally displayed, though they change as the kids and I play with it. I mentioned the bank and museum being robbed. All the street are filled with cars and motorcycles and even bicycles and pedestrians. I have a group of joggers running down main street. Unbeknownst to them there is a group of clowns on the roof of the building above them ready to drop pies down on them. Hopefully the ninjas on the roof can get to those clowns in time. In front of the Hotel there is a gaggle of zombies headed towards the folks waiting at the bus stop. Those folks are goners. In the park there is a game of baseball going on and out in the harbor, on board the container ship, is a military contingent guarding one of the cargo containers in which there is an alien body. Lego city is a busy place.

On the outskirts is Lego City airport (where I end up putting many of my airplane and helicopter sets, as well as Lego harbor which is where most of the Coast Guard sets go. On the other side of town on the outskirts is a farm (complete with cows, pigs and chickens) with a wind turbine providing power for the fair citizens of the City. "Off shore" I have a Coast Guard platform as well as a "small island" which has my Indiana Jones sets and a Pyramid which sometimes gets converted to be a Sith Temple when we want to do Star Wars instead. It's a rather involved little project and I only wish i could get decent pictures of it all, but they never turn out right.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ohhhhh that is awesome! I can imagine so many stories that can happen. That would have taken years to put together.

With the photos, is it to do with the lighting? I try to use natural light and smaller lamps to create some definition and turn the flash off otherwise it washes things out.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yup, the pictures get all washed out. Not a lot of natural lighting down there in the basement. :p

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Corellian_Outrider: Hmm...I could've sworn there was a desktop app, but maybe I'm wrong. In either case, looking over the app's capabilities, I agree that it would be a perfect replacement. It just irks me that Adobe is not actively trying to find a fix for the current issues that they are having with El Capitan. Instead, they are ending support for CS6 and referring people to the Cloud and the monthly subscription fee to use their programs. That is a major reason why I am currently looking for alternatives. I need to upgrade, and yet, I still need to use their programs for work related material. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. :(

Apparently deviantART is also evil for the work servers. It likes to categorize everything as adult content. But again, no big deal. I'll just have to wait to view images like that when I get home.

I'll have to check out Scoundrels! I've been on the fence with that one ever since they deemed everything Legends, but I keep hearing good reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.