main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XIX ~~ The Blue Moon Awakens

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    No copy and pasting required. :)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Have to say, Firefly references have *all* of my approval. :D

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

[​IMG]

:p

Kidding, I just never get a chance to use that one :p

4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It was such a fantastic show.

5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

:D my puter skilz are terrible. [face_plain]

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Mine are too! :p

7. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Awwwh Lady.....we 2 peas in a pod!

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm feeling spoiled because I've spent most of the afternoon relaxing, while wanderguard's been cooking. :) I've had a lot of issues with my fight knee and really needed to just use cold packs and stay off it.

9. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Lady I'm having knee trouble too!

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I need a replacement, but I'm dreading it.

11. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I have a bad knee too, but not to that extent. My grandmother had a knee replacement, and from what I remember it was pretty rough on her.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    My joint is really deteriorating, and there are several bone spurs, but I'm still reluctant. [face_worried] Did your grandmother have both done, or just one?

13. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I only remember one... but I was fairly young at the time. My cousin's aunt had both knees and a hip replacement too. She had polio as a kid.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    My father in law had a hip replacement too. Still ended up in a wheelchair, but that was more because of his back surgery than anything else I think. That all happened before I met my wife so I'm unsure of all the details.

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    My grandmother had a hip replacement that didn't end well. I just keep telling myself that technology for that gets better every year I wait. :p

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, just wait until the Borg are perfected and do it then. :p

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sadly to a large extent it depends on doc you get to do it. I have heard some say oops, and other such OR shenanigans, even some that turned a bone into swiss cheese cause they couldn't take advice. Find a good doc, one the nurses pre and post op can say is good and they would send the family they love to or have do it for them if they had to choose. Check success rates if the hospitals have a link for such things in your area and see if they are using the better forms such as Zimmer knees or such for high end customized replacements. Take it all in before making your choice. ;)

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, what Mitthy said. :p

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Just had to poke my head in and then stick my foot in it as well :p

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So long as you don't end up having to replace your knee or hip. :p

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I appreciate the input! The doc I've spoken to said he'd need specific scans that would be sent out to map where to do the cuts and to design the knee. That part sounded promising, but I'll be hesitant no matter what. I've seen too many people come away with infections and all sorts of problems.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    My mom had her knee done last summer, and she's recovering pretty well. The PT was definitely the worst part for her in terms of how hard they work you. She never really had too much pain other than maybe the first few days she was home from the hospital, so overall, it was successful. I will say, though, that it took her that whole year to have her knee get back to normal in regards to flexibility. At the moment, I know she's looking to have the second one done.

This may sound like an odd question, but did they give you any hassle over your age? My mom is in her fifties and they kept telling her she was too young to have it done. They refused for quite some time until my mom ultimately told them she was in too much pain and demanded it.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I've needed it since I was in my mid 20's. I had a surgery when I was 16 where they removed all cartilage and cushioning - not long after I was told that they didn't do that to people any longer. [face_plain] By then the bones had been rubbing together for too long to do anything but replace the joint. The MRI results make it hard to argue it, fortunately...or unfortunately, because it's painful.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I agree that it sounds like you don't have much choice, especially if it's bone on bone. Are you having any treatments done now for it to alleviate some of the pain?

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Not really, I'm allergic to most pain medications, so I take Aleve and use ice packs. I've had synvisc injections several times through the years, but I don't get much relief from it any longer. My current doc injects a steroid if it's unbearable.

HanSolo29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.