main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XIX ~~ The Blue Moon Awakens

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, now that you mention it, it does seem like a lot of places have scaled back this year. Unless I've missed it, I think TRU is the only store opening at midnight? Ironic, considering that's where most of the problems occurred. They had the SW merchandise squeezed into a single aisle near the back of the store, which made it a nightmare for everyone to access it. If you weren't in the first wave of people to enter the store, you were screwed. Of course, it didn't help that people were being greedy and tossing entire rows of pegs into their carts. The store in my area did not do a very good job of reinforcing the '3-per-customer' rule.

Ugh...Kylo Ren is another that has become sort of a peg warmer. After initially being hard to find, he is now all over the place on discount racks. Go figure (no pun intended! :p ).

2. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I really like Kylo but they use him as promo too much. I rarely see stuff with Finn on it..

CalaelAzasar likes this.
  3. CalaelAzasar

CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 11, 2003
    So, I'm curious, has anyone here heard of the app/website Habitica or has anyone here used it?

BultarSwan likes this.
  4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Nope. What's it for?

5. CalaelAzasar

Mar 11, 2003
    It's an app designed to help you with habits and things that you need to do daily or in general. Their tag line is "Your life. The Role Playing Game." You can join guilds that are for the same goals or habits you'd like to work on. You can eventually choose a 'class', like rogue or warrior, and then join parties to go on quests.

Habitica Wiki - I'm sure their wiki will explain it much better than I can

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Huh, seems pretty interesting! I guess it would be quite helpful to use the game/achi driver to make one's day more productive. Haven't used / played it though.

7. CalaelAzasar

Mar 11, 2003
    I just recently started (going on week two) and I've found it really helpful and somewhat motivating.

via R9-P4 :r2h:

8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Ah. That is interesting!

9. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Hadn't heard of it before now but I've just downloaded it on my phone. This looks like something I could use! :D

CalaelAzasar likes this.
  10. CalaelAzasar

Mar 11, 2003
    I highly recommend getting on the computer with Habitica too. It makes a few things easier to browse and to set up.

So far I haven't found a public Star Wars guild to join.

via R9-P4 :r2h:

Snokers likes this.
  11. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Disney...? Who said I was referring to Disney? The rat is just a small part of the whole.

12. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I always blame Disney :p

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    They just announce the reimagining of The Lion King.

Since it is my #1 favourite animated feature film of all time… I have mixed feelings about that but since Jon Favreau will be at the helm it has potential to be awesome. I am curious to know about the team that be involved on it and if they'll get Elton John, Tim Rice and Hans Zimmer back for the music and the voice cast. I hope they bring back James Earl Jones for Mufasa.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At this point, I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Lion King was also a huge part of my childhood, so there's always that concern that they may really mess it up. But after seeing The Jungle Book, I know there's always the potential that they could also hit a homeroom with this. I think the big indicator will be how well Beauty and the Beast does when it comes out. I'm not really a fan of this current trend of turning all of their animated classics into live-action, but so far, it seems to be working out pretty well for them.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Hm. I love The Lion King. And I plan on watching The Jungle Book this weekend. But having TLK as my fave movie makes me wary.
    HanSolo29 I like your thought process about B&tB being the main indicator

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  16. CalaelAzasar

Mar 11, 2003
    So I went to Wal Mart last night specifically to pick up a two piece Star Wars Funko Pop set that they had on their sale rack, picked it up and grabbed a couple of other things then went to stand in the check out line. While I'm standing their waiting, I happen to look down at one of the shelves and there I saw a different Star Wars Funko Pop set that happened to be one I wanted even more...so I traded. Turned out it was half the price of Amazon and now I have my Salacious B. Crumb figure.

Also I have two different bead boxes being featured on two different blogs today, which is kind of awesome. So first I have a fun little butterfly box featured on a deviantArt blog. And second I have a turtle being featured on a different blog, and this makes the third time she's featured one of my pieces.

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Well, I've started going through the process of potentially reviving Rebirth (under a different name and with 'modernization' taking into account how much I've improved in writing over the past three years) on SV. Because I don't have enough projects.

And people are actually liking it.

What have I done

CalaelAzasar likes this.
  18. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Very creative people here :D

CalaelAzasar likes this.
  19. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    If I recall correctly, you are a teacher who shares your love of SW with your students...what did you think of that new SW Target commercial?

20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I don't watch commercials so I've never seen it. I like it!
    But, TBH, even though I'm female the fact there's to boy in it "Not just girls...not just boys...REBELS." Is actually worrisome. I'm all for female representation but this takes boys out of the equation.

Last year for a grad course I read an article that focused on male students and STEM. With so much focus being put on females, the author believes they're starting to see evidence that males may stop feeling like THEY have access to unique/neat opportunities, which can be detrimental.

I love the premise of the video though.

21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    That makes sense.

I don't suppose the school admin has given you permission to teach in full SW cosplay attire yet then either? :leia:

:p

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    No, we have a dress code for teachers at my school. Otherwise it'd be fine :p

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Teaching in costume would be awesome!

Runjedirun likes this.
  24. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    It can be annoying too, depending on what's part of the costume ;)

25. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Goals in life. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.