main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XVII -Dark Side of the Moon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Awesome Falcon! Once you get there, you can settle down and relax. :)

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Also... keine "Geheimsprache"... Verflucht! :p

(Translation: So... no "argot"... Damn! :p )

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    yup

stretching out the back calves of my legs, they're getting tight as I'm not used to walking long distances anymore. If I don't then I end up with a very painful charlie horse and at this point in my life, the muscle doesn't know how to release the muscle anymore and ends up doing more then one charlie horse on me until I finally stand and stretch it

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Unfortunately no, not that fluent to do that though I can ask: Wie gehts du? and then: Wir gehen ins kino? :p

I know that feeling Falcon, sometimes when you come home after a long shift of being on your feet and sit down, you can't really walk when you get back up.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Ummm actually I meant exercising, I plan to do a run/walk for the cure and I haven't walked 3.5 kms in a while and my goal is to aim for 6 kms by the time the walk comes up.
    (Breast cancer cure) It's a 5 km hike thorough downtown.

twowolves likes this.
  6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Good luck Falcon. When I walk long distances, I start to feel it in my hips, in the joints, not the muscles as much.

How is everyone this morning?

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    And also take a bottle or water with you, hydration is important.

Well thanks, Zark, and you?

Got Aladdin on, audio commentary playing, while I work on some art. Also semi snuggled down, keeping warm as it is cold and raining outside.

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I won't tell you all how far I just ran. It was great this morning because there was a cloud cover. Yesterday it was sunny and humid so I ended up stopping earlier than I would have liked. Made up for that this morning :)

And now I'm sitting out on the deck, gosh I love the beach. I never want to leave.

Adalia-Durron and zark like this.
  9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm doing well myself. The job search is looking more optimistic, and I just ordered myself another yoyo to keep myself entertained.

I haven't watched Aladdin in few years. I watch the Great Mouse Detective pretty frequently though.

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck with the job search Zark.

I need to watch Aladdin again, used to be one of my favorite movies. But I haven't owned a copy since I was a teen and still living at home.

zark and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't used a yoyo in ages.

The Great Mouse Detective is a good one, haven't seen that in a while. The commentary for Aladdin is great so far. Insight into the performances and production. Didn't realise that the film was shown to Spielberg and got some feedback from him on it.

EDIT: If you get a chance, must get the Blu-Ray Diamond Edition of Aladdin. There is a great feature on there that goes into the making of the film. Diamond in the Rough.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Clever.

Yeah, I throw a yoyo as a hobby nowadays. I've been doing it about 3 months now and it's a lot of fun.

Also, gonna post this video from the Yoyo world contest that was a week or two ago.

Obviously, I'm nowhere near that good.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    They've been playing Aladdin like crazy on one of the Disney channels ever since Robin Williams died.

[​IMG]

14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I really enjoy movie commentaries you learn so much random insight from them. A lot of work goes into movies. And sometimes directors or actors tell set stories that are also fun to hear.

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That makes sense I suppose. Karolyn immediately rented Mrs. Doubtfire the following morning. (My least favorite Robin Williams movie) I would have rented Hook.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That yoyo video was unbelievable.

They been doing that here but all the channels are airing his films from Mrs. Doubtfire, Birdcage, etc. Did watch Hook the other night, that is another good one. Bob Hoskins, Dustin Hoffman and of course Robin are great in that film. Who'd thought that Rufio later does Prince Zuko in the Avatar: Legend of Aang series.

EDIT: How come you are not that keen on Mrs. Doubtfire, Zark?

BultarSwan and zark like this.
  17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    For me, Mrs Doubtfire is about a dysfunctional family, who in the end, rather than try to fix things, decides it's fine to be dysfunctional. That, and I tend to be uncomfortable in movies where a character has to spend the entirety of the film living in a lie of their making.

BultarSwan and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I remember in either the commentary or the making of documentary that the way the film ended, without the parents getting back together and everything neatly resolved is because life is not like that and they did not want to make light on that. I'm paraphrasing here as it has been a while since I've seen it. When I first saw Mrs Doubtfire, I did not understand why he couldn't visit his children but I understand it a lot better now.

Ah, similar thing with that first Santa Clause film. That whole thing about the mother not allowing the father to see his son didn't quite make sense to me because of Charlie believing in Santa. What is wrong with that? He brings awesome gifts.

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Although I liked Mrs. Doubtfire I agree about movies that revolve around lies making me uncomfortable.

We actually have lots channels here, but I haven't touched it and wouldn't know what's on. I am on vacation and not much for tv. I watch part of the Redskins/Browns game last night with my husband, but went to bed long before the end.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    @CO, Kino? Gute Idee! When? :D

Runner, you live close to the beach? That's pretty cool!!

Job hunting, it's like sissifus work... Good luck, Zark!

zark and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Mrs Doubtfire is on my list of favourite films that Robin has done though I do see where you are coming from. Cadillac Man is another good one. Not that keen on Jumanji though. I do get a kick out of the fact that he performed with John Rhys-Davies in Aladdin and the King of Thieves.

I don't watch tv that much. I prefer to watch the dvd/blu-ray versions of the films than the tv. No ads and better quality.

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Tonight I'm renting Winter Soldier to watch from amazon. I saw it once and have been dying to see it again since. I'm really really really excited actually.

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Dito!

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    There are one movie I'd love to buy on DVD/Blueray, but they don't produce it on those discs. Even not in an only english version. That's really sad! Even sadder that they don't show it on tv. Sighs.

Edit: sorry for double posting, I'd thought you were posting faster. ;)

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Sorry, I was pulled away for a bit but am here now :p could say that there was another post in-between but it disappeared.

Which film is it? Is there a way to import it from the UK that is region free?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.