main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Blue Side of the FanForce

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by Nin, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    DarkWoman

Thank you :) :D

2. AlmaMavisTaraza

AlmaMavisTaraza Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2002
    how about we use our dear, dear friend, statistics! :D
    if we average the votes, according to my calculations, the edit time should be around 11.5 hours :D
    *is severely beaten by everyone*
    owie :_|
    ok, ok, no more stupid proposals...
    just this one: :p
    since the 24h thingy is winning, lets have it then! but...i propose another vote in 2 weeks. for what? i'm curious no know how much the option is used :D
    if no one uses it, i guess we could cut it back...or not :p
    just my humble opinion :p

3. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    In my oppinion being all the ppl dispersed trought the several options, i would leave as it is. At least 3 quarters should agree on a option for it to be accepted. In the sake of less controversy.

A middle ground can also be a nice decision.
    But it must be well calculated.

4. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Alright, lets try this one more time...

I'm going to create a poll, with three options, to leave the edit time as it is; to change it to 180; or to 24h.

One example of what the 24 hour edit would be good for happened in another thread, just today. One of the users used a word that isn't really TOS compliant, and it had to be edited by a moderator. However, if the edditing time had been longer, that same user could have been warned through other means so that the word could be removed without calling a moderator.

But anyways, that's just my opinion. :)

Edit: The poll can be found here .

5. Nin

Nin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Ok, the pool is a mean to sort this out once and for all, since we've been discussing this for 10 days now... :p ...well, at least we're upping the post count on the forum :p :p

But anya is right. I had to pm a moderator earlier, when a simple contact through IRC could have just solved everything immediately.

A middle groud white? Well, that would be Mara's 11.5 hours...

6. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    That would be Mara's 11.5 hours?

*cough*

Nope. I'm DarkWoman a.k.a. Mara. :p

Sheeana is AlmaMavisTaraza. ;)

People keep confusing us here... [face_blush]

Must be our EEEEVIL aura. Gets people confused... all the time. :D

7. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    i see confused people...all the time. [face_plain]
    they don't know who they're talking about :eek:

8. Nin

Nin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    :p sorry you two, my bad. :p

I know who is Mara/DarkWoman and Sheeana/AlmaMavisTaraza. :) It seems that when I was making my post I forgot who made the 11,5 hours sugestion.

9. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Para mim n é argumento forte suficiente para justificar a opção das 24hrs. Pois existem desvantagens q ja foram ditas q anulam essa razao. Para mais, a Shee já devia ter consciencia q tal palavra seria um pouco "forte" demais. As pessoas teem q ter consciencia daquilo q escrevem, pelo menos no sentido em saber q estao a escrever coisas e expressoes mais "fortes" e q deviam ser censuradas de raiz. Alias, ela propria votou para manter os 90m.

10. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm not saying that people don't know what's apropriate or not, and that this would serve as an excuse for them, that's not the point at all. Everyone should read the TOS and all that, but sometimes things fall in a gray area where it's hard to distinguish if something is apropriate or not. The point of the 24 hours edit time is to keep us from bugging the admins and moderators, it's much more quicker if we can just PM the user in question and ask them to edit the post. That's also something that everyone can do, so there's no need to wait for a moderator to be on-line in most cases. If you spot a post that has innapropriate words, for instance, you can PM the person and politely tell them about it, asking if they don't mind removing it. Usually that'll work in case the word(s) are really in violation of the TOS, cause I don't believe anyone here intends on breaking the terms. Slips just happen, sometimes. :)

But anyways, that's still just my opinion.

11. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    The point of the 24 hours edit time is to keep us from bugging the admins and moderators, it's much more quicker if we can just PM the user in question and ask them to edit the post.

Hm... good point. I voted fot the 180 minute thing, but in case of draw between the 2 other options (it's currently in that situation actually), I'll change my vote to 24. ;) I hadn't thought of that advantage.

12. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    Para mais, a Shee já devia ter consciencia q tal palavra seria um pouco "forte" demais.
    tem piada, quase que posso jurar que já tinha dito essa horrivel, horrivel palavra aqui neste forum. só que ninguem se importou nem me chamou à atenção :D
    virou tudo puritano de repente? :D
    mas pronto, regras são regras e o que tem que ser tem muita força :p
    so, don't worry people. never again will i mention donkeys and/or orifices. :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.