main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD >>> The boards are moving. <<< ATTN Indexers and Thread Hosts: UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    (Belated) heads-up - details on that backup program are now posted here.

2. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Everything seems to be moving hosts these days. I think I've got a copy of everything I want to keep anyway. There might be some really old stories from 2003 which I'll have a look for. Thanks for the heads up and lets hope it goes well.

3. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Emimar? Is that you? o_O

Back up your work! >>> The boards are moving. <<<

okay, okay, this nonsense had gone on just long enough... becuase we all know that if we are being told to back up our work, then it's becuase fanfic will be completely obliterated in the move, and we'll all have to start from scratch... o_O

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    ATTN ALL INDEXERS AND THREAD HOSTS ?

Please make special note of the following recent announcement in Comms:

If you are currently the host of a thread that uses a sock (i.e. Prolific_Ficcer, OCDatabaseSock, Creche_Master, Jaina_Jag_Index, Luke_Mara_Index, BetaReaderIndex, etc. etc.), make sure that the sock has a current, working, private email account in order to ensure that you will be able to access the password for the sock after the move.

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I changed the address for the HanLeiaFanFicGuru sock to mine some time ago, so the Bespin Café should be covered...

I just hope there'll be some easy way to convert the "old" links into "new" ones, because I would hate to see the Index go wasted [face_worried] *crossing virtual fingers*

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Cool! :)

MORE INFO ABOUT THREAD SOCKS

I was curious about passwords vs. email addys and asked about it in ModSquad. Here's the answer:

So spread the word! I stopped counting at 25 threads here in FFR that are run by socks and we'd really like to minimize how many accounts we have to get an Admin to reset after the move. [face_peace]

7. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    This shall not happen. Not as long as I have breath. [face_flag]

8. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ah, another move. It brings back the good old days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.