main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Boardwalk August 6th... surf, rides, free abuse...!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    India Joes is gone? I haven't been there since... since... um, a long time, but I remember liking it.

I have to admit, I was really surprised when walking through the downtown a few weeks ago to notice how different so many things seemed.

But back on plans for dinner. Did people want to coordinate with the SFFF, or do something separate?

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Wheeeelllllll.... personally, I'm not into running a potluck on top of the rest of the day, I'll go to it if someone else wants to take on the planning and execution (grin).

I figure after a day of crowds, sun, heat and mind bending rides and fun that I'll be ready for some quality sit down time in an air conditioning eatery and for someone to fetch me a menu and a cold drink. But that's just me, we live around here, I'm jaded.
    [face_laugh]

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I think going to a restaurant will be more sane than trying to do a potluck after sun, fun, and a roller coaster or two...

- Kai

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    So, just out of curiosity, given that the event date is fast approaching...

1) Do we have an a compiled list of who is planning to attend, so we know when we've met up with everyone at the start?

2) Speaking of meeting up... we have a meeting place, but is there a general plan to help those of us who haven't actually met to recognize each other? 'Cause though there have been some costume pictures posted, I'm assuming, for example, that Master__Kenobi looks somewhat different out of costume. :p Or are we thinking that a big enough group will start forming that it'll be easy to pick out?

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    :D Yes, Master--Kenobi DEFINITELY looks different outta costume/make up. How about if everyone wears either their FF t-shirts/or SW related T-Shirts? I know that full costume is out. Saying it again..NO FULL COSTUMES. (We don't want the same thing happening here that happened at a recent "No Costume" event...people showing up in garb when they were specifically told not to....don't want any of us to end up the topic of nasty conversation on other entertainment boards).. :D

Anyways back to the game at hand. T-shirts with SW related themes/FF T-Shirts would work great. Or if you don't have one..just approach anyone in a SW related shirt/swimwear/clothes, etc and ask if they are with the SWFF Santa Cruz trip. Again, cellphones and a cellphone tree would work. And if all else fails...use the Force...we can definitely find each other through that. (Now for you Clone Troopers...Executive Order 66 is definitely OUT for that day...no finding the Jedi and then killing them!):D

Hmm while I'm on the subject, perhaps some other rules are to be in place for the day.

1) If you have Force Ability - NO cheating on the Boardwalk Games. NO mind-wammying to get on rides free. NO Force-Pushing the golf balls into the cup for an automatic hole-in-one on the minature golf course.

2) Anakin/Matt - You are NOT allowed to comandeer the Giant Dipper and/or any other rides and "modifiy" them to go faster and more intense and otherwise scare the crap outa your Master.

3) Luke/Dale - You are NOT allowed to "bullseye" pedestrians on the Boardwalk from the Skyway Ride and pretend it's Begger's Canyon and the people are womprats.

4) Sid/Michael - No MindControl/ No Blue Lighting/No Picking Up New Apprentices everytime you turn around. AND ESPECIALLY ......

NO STANDING ON TOP OF THE FIRST DROP OF THE GIANT DIPPER AND GIVING YOUR "THE GRAND NEW EMPIRE" AND "I LOVE DEMOCRACY" SPEECHES!!!

Anyone else have any rules to add? :D

Force Out, Dudes!

THE Master :cool:

**A note to all the remaining Jedi...Remember we are Jedi, maintain your dignity at all times. Which means... No showing off of your Force Abilities, Mind Wammys, Force Grabbing Others and especially, no razzing, pointing at, making faces behind the back of, or making fun of the Emperor behind his back. Of course,,,if I don't see it ..then I guess it didn't happen..right? And if you are going to do it, don't get caught, cause your on your own then!" **[face_whistling]

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    We Jedi spent our entire lives dressed in bathrobes...really, how dignified can we actually be?

I see from an earlier post that there IS a meetup point? For the confused in the audience (that would be me), can somebody please post on this thread the where's and when's of the meetup? I mean, Santa Cruz Boardwalk. I get that...but exactly where and when?

I have no fanforce shirt *cries*...but I'll wear something suitably SW-y and non-costume-y.

- Kai, Fan Force Shirtless

7. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    WHERE: Boardwalk, Neptune's Kindom Entrance (look for the diving bell).
    WHEN: 10AM
    WHO: Who ever gets there and if you are late look for the tie dyed Star Wars shirt. Make sure it's not just a tie dye shirt, as a lot of the locals dress that way (we have a lot of leftover hippies in the area).

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004

Well then, I'm NOT going.

And you call ME dad? Geeze.

And you can sleep on the porch with the racoons.

PPPHHHHHTTTTTTTT!!!!!

(J/K)

DLS

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thank you for the Where/When post. :) So, are some of us still aiming to pig out at the Royal Taj after Boardwalk Capers are through? I may be getting a hotel and staying 'til Sunday and then visiting other friends in the area, so I'm game to hang out a bit...

- Hopeful Kai

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh Yeah...Royal Taj...(insert Homer Simpson arrrggggghhhhh and Droool here!) :D

11. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I think someone from each FF should have a list of their members going, then check it off as people arrive. As of now, I think there's about 15 of us. Final list should hopefully come Thursday night.

12. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *GAPE*

FIFTEEN!!!

OMG.

Wow what a turnout for our small outpost, there's technically only four plus a bunch of lurkers so far. We'll be waaaaay outnumbered, wowzers! And that's just the SFFF??

*faints*

I'm okay, I'm okay.

Should be a total blast, we can move through like an army, taking what we want, recruiting people along the way, we'll OWN the place... I love democracy... *ARRRGH!!*

*stuffs Sid back into his bottle*

Never mind, pay no attention to the ranting guy behind the black robes, he is not the Gweat and Tweerible Oz...

Looking forward to seing you all. With a group that size we should be easy to spot, wheeeee!

DLS.

13. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    So, like...am I a member or a lurker?

- Kai

14. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Do you know the secret word?

Okay, you are in, all you have to do is sign a commitment to buy more SW merchandise than you can afford, assuring the continuation of the Star Wars Saga.

It's how we got in.

That and that blow to the head helped too.

;)

Wait a minute, I can't do this on my own, I'm not in charge, ask MK, Mrs. Sid, and whaz her name, I'm just a ranter. It's still a democracy (dammit).

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I think JedHead1's idea sounds good, especially since this is technically a new group and not everyone knows each other. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a headcount.

On a related note... it sounds like a fair number of people are interested in Royal Taj. Does anyone know if they take reservations? If so, should we make some? Or just wing it?

But isn't that a description of all Star Wars fans, regardless of group? :p

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    NOTE: See the time change thread, we're meeting at 12:00 NOON to give everyone a bit more time. You can still come earlier, but we'll meet at NOON and go from there.

Take care,

DLS

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    How about if everyone wears either their FF t-shirts/or SW related T-Shirts?

Sounds good. I'll probably wear my Jedi Broad Squad t-shirt, in that case.

18. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Since we're not meeting till 12 anyone interested in getting lunch before then.

My wife and I won't be doing India Joe's because we have a prior engagement in Campbell, so we were thinking Vasilis. OPA! :)

Bith_Lord aka Chris & Star Wars Fan Supportive Wife Lise

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Member, Kai! :D

20. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Yay!

Oh, anybody mind if I bring a friend to the Boardwalk shindig thingie? She's fun...honest! Anyway, I could be up for lunch prior to the Boardwalk, if anybody had an idea of where/when.

- Kai

P.S. Oh boy oh boy tomorrow's gonna be fun!

21. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    (flapping of wings)

"No it won't!"

"Wha' I'm suppos' to like some buncha Jedi comin' down, waving their hands at everyone, tryin' their mind tricks on th' locals? OUTLANDERS! (mutters) Tourists, think they own the place, spreading Republic Credits everywhere, what's a matter wit' em?"

(watto flies away scratching himself absently, mutters off into the distance)

"Bunch of REPUBLICIANS, what they are, ppphhtt"

;)

See you all on the morrow.

22. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey Kai and anyone else

How does Vasilis a little before 11 sound? Let me know your thoughts

23. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey! Before I was taken to the Jedi Temple I LIVED in Santa Cruz. ;) (Hmmm, which would mean I'd've left pretty young to remember it. "Just images, really...feelings...")

Oh, and to the nice Bith... Vasilis or the Falafel Place next door to Vasilis around 11 AM could work. I need to coordinate with the friend I'm dragging along, but that sounds good to me. I'm partial to the Falafel Place cuz they have the best gyros around, and I'd love to say hi to Sammy. But whatever! :) They're next door, after all.

24. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    hey, i just wanted to say that i hope you guys had a total blast...

really and truly. it sounds like it would've been a lot of fun.

25. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just wanted to give a shout-out to: Sid, Master_Kenobi, Taerial, Kai, and everyone else who's Screen Name's I don't know or can't mach to your secret identities ;)

With the exception of having my Motorola V220 cel's LCD screen breaking out of nowhere, and finding out later today that once my phone does get replaced through Cingular, that there is no way to transfer my camera-phone photo's onto the new one, and I'll have to also re-download my SW ring-tones/screen-savers and pay for them AGAIN, :oops: I had a fantastic time...Seriously! Especially, riding the Giant Dipper 5 or 6 times. [face_sick] :D

Anyway, I am looking forward to having us three active TF.N Northern California Fan Forces ( You, SFFF, and the Sac. Rougues) do more events together. A "Trifecta Force" if you will.

Just think...the DVD Release...Trisha Biggar FIDM Exhibit in LA...WonderCon...the possiblities our endless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.