main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Bond of Friendship (Early JA) Updated 3/19 **Please Read!!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KenobisGirl, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey, everyone! I finally decided to write again!!! *Ignores all groans of dismay* Yes, I know you're all ecstatic! Sorry if this thing's full of plot holes, bad grammar, and typos. I'm a bit rusty. Please bear with me, and maybe, once this thing's done, I'll write a longer story that actually has a plot.

So, without further ado, here it is!

Title: The Bond of Friendship

Author: KenobisGirl

Rating: PG

Time Period: Obi is 9.

Summary: Obi-Wan and his friends are separated from their fellow initiates while on a fieldtrip. Can they work together to find their way back home?

Disclaimer: Do I even need to say it?

Post 1

The Coruscant Youngling?s Museum was a busy place, especially when Jedi initiates were present. This was one such day. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Bant Eerin, Garen Muln, and Reeft were viewing the exhibits with their age mates. Their crèche master was watching over them, but the master usually just let the initiates wonder around on their own, as long as they didn?t stray too far. The little Jedi were normally very well behaved.

After having viewed the exhibit on the ecosystems of the galaxy, Obi-Wan, Garen, Bant, and Reeft decided to go off on their own. The really wanted to see the exhibit on the prehistoric creatures that once inhabited the capital planet millennia before. Garen, the initiate who could never keep still, first proposed the plan.

?Once Master?s back is turned, then we can run off and see that really wizard exhibit the older initiates are always talking about.? Garen?s face lit up with excitement.

?I don?t know, Garen. Master would be awfully mad if she noticed us gone,? Obi-Wan said. He was never very keen on breaking any rules.

?Oh, Obi, you?re never any fun. Come on, it?ll be so great!?

?No, Garen. I don?t think we should.? Little Bant agreed with Obi-Wan.

In the end, the little Jedi conceded that they would only stay at the exhibit for a few minutes before returning to the group. They waited until their master wasn?t watching them, and then quietly sneaked away. Garen was almost skipping with anticipation. He was always very restless. Master Yoda was constantly giving the young Jedi calming exercises.

As they neared the section of the large museum dedicated to prehistoric creatures, Obi-Wan was having another one of his "bad feelings." The feeling was confusing him, considering the fact that this was a children's museum, not the lower levels of the planet. Still, he thought, Coruscant is a dangerous place, no matter where we are.

So, despite the fact that his feeling had solidified into a hard lump in the pit of his stomach, he forced his forebodings into the back of his mind. He was going to have fun, and he wasn't going to let his feelings spoil it.

Sorry it's so incredibly short. Hopefully, later posts will be longer.

More tomorrow!

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Good start! Like the subtle hint of menance in the last line or two! :) Keep going! :D

3. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Thanks, Jemmiah! I'll post more later today. :)

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Good start Kenobisgirl! Aww Obi is so cute when he's ickle! :D

5. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Are those two my only takers? Oh well.

Jemmiah- Thank you! Hope you stick around. :)

Ginger- Yes, Obi's very cute when he's young. [face_love] Thanks for reading!

Here's today's post.

Post 2

The exhibit was everything the young Jedi were hoping it to be. Huge fossilized bones loomed over their heads as they gazed up in wonderment. They had never seen anything so colossal before. The children were even more amazed when they thought of what the species must have looked like so many years before. Roaming around the once jungle planet, the creatures must have been stunningly beautiful and ferocious.

Viewing the exhibit made Obi-Wan momentarily forget his ?bad feeling,? but as soon as he turned away with his friends to go back to the group, it came back, a hundred times stronger than before. This time, he could not ignore it.

He stopped where he was and stretched his awareness into the great power of the Force to try to discern what was wrong, but his feelings were suddenly clouded. He couldn't get a good idea of the disturbance he felt.

His friends must have noticed the way he paused and stared off down the corridor, his eyes vacant, because he heard Bant?s voice through his stupor.

?Obi, what is it? Are you ok??

He quickly shook himself out of his trance-like state and gave his concerned friends a shaky smile. He was intensely worried, but he didn't want to frighten his friends more than they already were.

Bant's eyes were peering into his own. She could read his eyes like a book. She, being the Jedi who knew him the most, was always aware of his feelings. Right now, Obi-Wan knew that his eyes were betraying his apprehension.

?Well, it?s probably nothing, but I?m getting this really strong feeling that we?re in danger here.? Obi-Wan glanced around them, almost expecting for something to jump out at them.

The children knew of Obi-Wan?s gift for prescient, so this frightened them. As soon as Obi-Wan mentioned his feeling, they all began reaching out into the Force, trying to find the cause of Obi-Wan?s feeling. Even though they weren't even padawans yet, they were all very well trained in using the Force to warn them of danger. None of them could sense anything out of the ordinary, but that didn't mean that nothing was amiss.

They continued walking, but the Jedi were constantly on their guard. They entered another large room of the museum, and stopped walking.

No sooner had they done this, when a large humanoid stepped out of the shadowed corner of the room and grabbed Garen. He whipped out a small dagger and pressed it to the boy?s neck. Garen gave a little gasp and instantly relaxed. He knew that if he tensed, the dagger would be pressed uncomfortably close to cutting into his soft flesh.

?Come any closer, and I?ll slash his neck. Do as I say, and he won?t be harmed.?

TBC...

Grrr, another short one... Sorry about that. :(

Review, please!

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] Oooooh. That is not good for Garen. (stating the obvious) Good job so far! I love how little Obi ( [face_love]) had that bad feeling, that no one else had. *sigh* My little gifted Jedi boy. [face_love] Anyway, I like how you started this, and please update soon. :D

7. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Uh-oh! Poor Garen! This is not looking good at all! :( Now what will Obi-Wan and Bant do???

8. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oooh I just found this story! :) And my dear sweet Garen is already in trouble... :D

Keep up the good work!

9. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Padawan_Jess_Kenobi- Yes, our Obi is so gifted. [face_love] Thanks for reading!

Jemmiah- Thank you for reading! :D

Nat- Glad you're enjoying it so far! Thanks! :)

Eh... Another shortie. Oh well.

Post 3

The man led the foursome out of the museum, with Garen his captive the entire time. He had made sure that the other three Jedi were in his line of sight at all times. He wasn?t about to let his prize get away unscathed.

Unfortunately, the Jedi he was holding was being unnaturally cooperative. He had hoped that there would be a struggle and he would be free to kill him. Plus, the boy was no doubt having some freaky, Jedi-like conversation with his little friends. He was worried. He knew that though the Jedi were young, they were definitely not harmless. They had been training for years before, and that had him concerned.

It was at that moment that one of the Jedi spoke up. He was one of the smaller ones, with short, ginger hair and amazing blue-green eyes.

?What do you want with us??

The man stopped and gazed at him, his dark eyes fierce and commanding.

?Only you, young Jedi,? he said, his voice raspy. ?I am being paid a large sum of credits to bring you to my client, if you really want to know.?

?Who are you?? Obi-Wan asked.

?The name?s Lorth, though why you want to know is beyond me. You?ll be dead soon enough and it won?t matter.?

?I?m just curious, nothing more,? Obi-Wan answered, his voice cool. He spared a glance and Bant and Reeft, making sure that they were aware of his plan.

Obi-Wan was hoping that he could distract Lorth long enough to get the dagger away from him so he wouldn?t kill Garen. Then, they could all run away as fast as possible.

He decided to risk asking one more question before he executed their plan.

?What does your client plan to do with us??

?That I do not know. I never ask questions of my clients, and it seems to please them. You?ll just have to find out...?

Lorth was unable to finish his sentence, as the ginger-haired boy, quicker than lightning, had run up to him and snatched the dagger away from him. Then, the Jedi pulled his little friend out of Lorth?s hold. Lorth swore in every language he knew, and began running after them. He quickly stopped when he noticed that he was attracting attention. Bystanders were staring at him, and a few even looked as though they were going to approach him. He backed away nervously, then ran the opposite direction, the entire time cursing his bad luck. He had lost the Jedi. His client would not be pleased.

I may not be able to post tomorrow, so expect a post on Friday. :)

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Yay! Obi to the rescue! :) I liked the way Obi-Wan remained so calm and cool during the whole affair. Now, just who is the mysterious client? :)

11. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wouldn't you like to know? :p Thanks for reading!

12. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Just found this, and am repeating myself several times over, but Obi's cute! :p

And I wanna know who the mysterious client is! :) ;)

13. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Nine year old Obi scares grown up thug to death. [face_laugh]

That was great! Who was he working for? What will happen to the kids?
    Write more!

14. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    *punches air* You go Obi! You show him! :D I love that little tyke to pieces. [face_love] His calmness was a great thing to admire, especially since he is so young! Great job. Nowm who the heck is the client? I wanna know! *pouts* ;)

Edit: I wrote "clamness" instead or "calmness" up their by mistake. I felt entitled to edit my post.

15. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Ooo I like this! Obi-Wan always amazes me..not matter what age :)

16. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!

Woo go lil Obi! :D

Good post KenobisGirl :)

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  18. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Up!

19. PadawanAmellia

PadawanAmellia Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    ****delurks*****

Great story! Can't wait to see what happens next.

***relurks***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.