main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bones tell me....nothing...The Dream Interpretation Thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I searched far and wide and found no thread like this so I made one.

I have been plagued by vivid dreams that are incredibly strange. I was talking to a friend of mine about it yesterday and she told me that sometimes when you describe your dreams to people who know you they can interpret the inner workings and thoughts of your id easier than you can.

So here goes.

I am having two recurring dreams. In my first dream, (and the identity of the person changes) someone I love becomes evil and does things that dont make sense for their character. Last night it was Kim, for instance...A few nights ago it was my mother. I catch them in all sorts of evil acts, and in the end they do the infamous villain cackle and reveal their plan to me...that all along they were fooling me that they ever cared. Now this might make sense if I had the plans to a huge safe, or the secret recipe for the crabby patty...but in the dream, the person does it just to destroy me.

In my ssecond dream I am being chased. I can never see who or what it is that is chasing me, I just know that the thought of it catching me is terrifying. I run and run and occasionally turn around to see it, but I cant see it I can just hear it coming. A few times I have ambushed it and thought I killed it (in this version its all shadowy) and then it gets up zombie style and starts chasing me again.

Madness?

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    M,

Dream #1: The Senseless Betrayal

Dream #2: The Thing that Wouldn't Die

If you want more, I'll PM ya.

And if it's any consolation, over the weekend when I did sleep I had dreams jacked up enough that I woke up with panic attacks.

[:D]

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I had a dream a couple weeks ago where I woke up screaming. I don't remember what it was though, just the part where I'm sitting straight up in my bed screaming.

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Egads, Sarah. Nothing worse than being woken up by the sound of your own voice screaming. I wake up that way maybe once a month, but have been told I whimper pretty much all night. Luckily Bean sleeps right through it.

Wow, Q. I would like more...yes please. PM me at your leisure.

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Jeebus, ladies! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Heading over to PM you, M. Sorry, I kinda had a small case of coma when I got home from work.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Once a month? Wow... I'm glad I don't get them that often. Only when I'm really upset over something does it usually happen. Most of the time I have really good dreams... [face_mischief]

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    my reaccuring nightmare is one that i had way before twister came out...but it resembled that. There is a two lane road down the middle of a giant lake and there are tornados on all sides of it, i am talking dozens & i have to go straight through it.

8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I have this recurring dream...but I can't talk about it in polite company. So I'd be happy to talk about it at the next meeting.

[face_whistling]

9. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Is this the one you were telling me about with the vampire midget nuns???[face_thinking]

10. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Night before last I was being chased by one of those giant Terminators from Salvation, probably because I fell asleep watching it. Apart from the scariness of it all, it was an awesome dream.

My one recurring dream though-

Basic training, day one. Not particularly intimidating or anything, just time consuming and wasteful as I spend the entire dream explaining to everyone that I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Actually it was the one about yo momma!

[face_devil]

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    His momma was a vampire midget nun?? [face_whistling]

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, here's a weird dream I had last night... I don't even have the slightest idea what it could mean.

I was working with 2 EMTs training to be one. Throughout the dream they would suddenly drive off in their ambulance and leave me in the dust. I would run all over town until I found another emergency responder. Once I explained to them I needed to be trained they agreed to help out, but they kept telling me I had to get my GED and a bunch of other things done that I had already taken care of.

And every time I ran around looking for another emergency crew I ran by the same two opal necklaces that were laying on the sidewalk. And every time I stopped and looked at them and wondered why no one had picked them up. Then I would look really close and realize they were fakes and then I would run off again.

This dream left me very confused.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Here's my take:

You're frustrated that people don't take your ambitions and qualifications seriously. You feel trapped, professionally, and disillusioned with some of the things that were supposed to be great in your life by now. you keep waiting for things to be different, but you keep hitting the same walls and the same false promises.

[face_peace]

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow... you are really good at interpreting dreams. This practically sums up what is going on with me right now.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I hope things shake loose for you. Frustration is, well, frustrating.... :)

It seems like, when I "get" a dream, I totally get it. Otherwise I'm like, "duhIdunno...."

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I've got some plans in the works to get everything back on track. By the end of the spring semester I know for sure if things are going the way I want them too.

Thanks again :)

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok had a horrible nightmare last nite...first it started out as i was with my dad & step-mom and that in and of itself is a nightmare ;) i was around 14-15ish.

i than watched a german airliner packed full of people turn upside down and then loose control and go up like a roman candle killing everyone on board. in fact the side of the plane said something like gustan-something and was painted beige and green...that how i knew it was german. it took like 15 mins for it to crash, the pilot had enough sense to maneuver it over to an unpopulated area...ooh and before that when i was with my dad, he was reading a paper & he was Arnold Schwarzenegger, but by time the crash happened we were riding in the van we had growing up and he was himself.

the fact that 100s of people went up like a roman candle was the disturbing part. i made a point to remember it when i woke up. yes most of my dreams are that detailed...

EDIT:

I just realized something...my dad's name is arnold too...hmmm odd.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think there's some stuff in there about feeling powerless, whether it's feeling like a teenager or seeing disaster that you can't do anything about.

Arnie, though, ya got me.... Maybe something to do with your dad having power?

Edit: typo

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hmmm maybe. i do not ever speak to him or my step-mom. tried to mend fences, but they just are sad people.

it was odd...honestly was pretty shaken up about it.

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    And there you go. You are powerless to mend that fence, and Arnie, what with being intimitading of physique and heavy of accent -- big barriers to communication. That might be why you figured the plane was German, too. If there's a communication barrier, there's no fixing anything at all.

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Here's one for you, Q.

I had a dream within a dream. In my dream I had an enemy...a nemesis if you will. Everything she did, she did with no other purpose but to cause me pain. In the first part of the dream I sought dark and secret ways to exact my revenge but never followed through with any of them. As the dream progressed, I decided my best bet was to befriend her, so I invited her to live with me, paid her bills and spent the last of my money repairing the brakes on her bike.

When my alarm woke me up when I had just been informed I was overdraft and would not be able to pay for my History of the Balkans class.

Go.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    There are some people that it doesn't matter it you plot their demise or try to be their savior, you will never win with. With those, it's best to cut them out of your life before they drain you dry, one way or another.

And the History of the Balkans? That place is nothing but conflict and no one ever wins.

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I feel I should be paying you for this, Q.

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Nah. It's a good workout for my underdeveloped psychic side. :)