The Bones tell me....nothing...The Dream Interpretation Thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Sep 20, 2010.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Guess what I dreamt about last night, Q? I DONT REMEMBER! :D

Dayum, that stuff is good. I feel incredible this morning.
  2. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
  3. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    Ok, so right before CV I had this reoccurring dream, I don?t remember many of my dreams, so what does that mean?

This is the abridged version.

So I?m totally stressed out (what's new?) and I?m walking through a crowded mall, lost (when am I not?). I run into Shane & Cory (sometimes Michael) wearing frilly teddies. I was asking what way to the gate (guess I was going to Orlando) they just point in a direction, I ask them if they?ve seen Jeff and that I?m missing my purse can I get on the plane w/o it? They said sure, try. Being WAY to happy for guys being in public wearing tiny teddies.

Next I run into Amy, Courtney & Jennay in a maternity store trying on nursing gowns. I asked them if they knew that the guys were doing the above & they are like ?yeah? like no big deal. They ask me if Jeff is with them? I?m like I have no idea where he is, I don?t know if I can get on my flight, can?t find my purse & look at my luggage! Stuff is falling out. They said I can buy what I need when I get there, so I go on my way.

I?m almost (I can see it threw the crowded mall) to the DIA terminal (but the part for arrivals, not departure escalators), still can?t find Jeff, still no purse & now I think I dumped my luggage all together. Then I run into the guys & now they are dressed in drag. Wigs, heavy makeup, Cory doesn?t look too bad but Shane has old lady lips (painting out of the lines, etc?)

Then I usually wake up. So what does that mean?
  4. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    You're destined to costume an RMFF drag show....

Actually, I think this has something to do with feeling like you're not fully prepared. You're trying to get somewhere, can't find Jeff, don't have your purse, aren't properly packed, and everone else is standing around trying things on (whether appropriate or not!). Guys in drag screams costuming to me, and Shane's old-lady lips, well, that's something weird to notice in a dream, but it makes sense for you, Ms. Perfectionist. ;)

At least the ladies trying on maternity things all made sense.

Funny that you were trying to leave via the arrivals. You don't know whether you're coming or going. I also think you feel a little lost without Jeff. :)

5. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    Can I get that volunteer list going now???? That would be great. I never saw dh dressed in drag and it varied in the participants every time so Michael and JT were in that mix.

All my recurring dreams have people I know & love not offering me help when I feel I really need it and I?m asking for help and I get nothing. Maybe that is why I don?t ask in real life?????

It?s true, I?m lost w/o dh and I never know if I?m coming or going :p
  6. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe, but you can't blame real people for what dream people do. [face_whistling]

Edit: I was apparently typing with an Irish accent....
  7. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I laughed at Kim's dream. I laughed so hard I choked on my french fry. [face_blush]

I am a bad friend. First I don't help her find her purse, I just keep trying on clothes, and then I laugh at her dream. I am a lucky bastahd she puts up with me, t[face_love] is right!
  8. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For laughing at my dearest friend and for causing her stress, the gods saught to punish me with foul sleep and fouler dreams.

It was my birthday, and my mom said she wanted to throw me a party. I let her. When I arrived at her house for the party, everything was in disarray. The house was unkempt, my stepdad was running around in filthy coveralls checking the walls for something and he had a helper with him who looked like a very tall man in a monkey suit. They would tap on the wall and move a few feet and tap again.

The table was set more poorly than that of the Mad Hatter with a myriad of dish types and utensils smashed together. I asked where I should sit (my mom likes when we do that, she thinks it takes "proper manners" to ask) and she said, "Next to the Ape." Lo and behold the helper Ape had now sat down. He was banging his hands on the table (as apes do) and all of the dishes were jumping.

There was still no food on the table, so I asked if I could help. I carried out dish after dish. When I had taken out the last dish the guests had arrived. All of my worst enemies, Ape man, my Armenian aunt who killed my puppy when I was 10, and at least one dozen chinese midgets who I first mistook as children but soon realized were mini mao's. Oh, and Bean. She was there. [face_love]

I went to sit next to Ape Man, quite unwillingly as he was still pounding on the table, and one of the itty Maos ran in front of me tripping me (cat style) and sat in my spot. I looked around the table and every spot was filled. My Armenian Aunt asked if I wanted a plate so I could stand and eat and she handed me three filthy paper plates. I said, "No thanks!" and went to the kitchen to find a clean plate.

While I was in the kitchen I decided to check the boards for birthday wishes and there were none. i kept checking over and over (and here's the weird part) every time I tried to log in, the computer made me do a puzzle. Sometimes I had to slide a lever on it, sometimes I had to answer a question. It was weird.

So my mom comes in and asks me why I havent come out and I go into the dining room and start yelling and throwing a fit screaming, "its my party its my party!" Ape man stops pounding, the mini maos stop running around jabbering, all my enemies look up and pay attention, and bean keeps eating cake.
  9. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm. You know, that might be it. It makes sense, especially put together with some other stuff going on. Thanks!
  10. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
  11. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow. Poor SC and M! I guess I amlucky that my dreams haven't been so stressful as that lately. :eek:
  12. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    See what you get? :p

I think this has something to do with social situations and anxiety. Monkey/ape guy is probably a representation of the types of behavior you find hard to deal with, and the Mad Hatter table setting is a chaotic and uncontrolable situation. We all want to control things, make order of things (some moreso than others), and when things don't go according to plan (especially something important to us, like a birthday) it produces anxiety.

13. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Dear Evil Triplet Sisters/aka the Fates.

Please let me sleep dream free. I know at least one of you (probably the prissy one) seeks to torment me by continually shoveling shiite on me and by drowning me in unwelcome and eerily frightening dreams of tiny communists and violent ape men, but if you could just chill for at least a few days, I might live through your...interest.

Thank you. May the Fates be praised? (will that work, Q?) [face_praying]
  14. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    For dreams you really should be talking to someone else....

Lord Morpheus, keeper of the Gates of Horn and Ivory, please bless my fellow geeks, especially M, with pleasant dreams from the Gate of Horn. Spare them from Nightmare, and from all the creatures therein.

My offering:
    @};-

15. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
  16. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think it helped because after my last strange dream I thought up a most excellent form of exorcism. Right now, funds are super tight and I cannot afford the few last things I need to start painting again, but i know what my first painting will be...so today, sketching. I dont want to loose the clarity of the vision.

A long wool coat the color of red velvet cake, buttoned and sashed from neck to knee. Bits of spark that seemed to ignite and to be quenched from the coat itself. A pock filled face, the picture of misery. A future visit from hell from a worthy soul. I cant wait to get it down.
  17. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay!

Morpheus and I talk sometimes. He's very gothy.

Of course, that night I didn't sleep till about 5 a.m....
  18. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, this is the second night in a row featuring weird crossover dreams.

Night before last: Dawn (BtVS) had turned evil, and wanted to kill Daniel Jackson (Stargate). Sometimes Dawn had elements of River (Firefly) blended in as well. There was more to that story, but I don't really remember it. No idea where this came from, unless it is somehow inspired by speculations on the current Supernatural plot direction.

Last night: Captain Pickard (TNG) met with Teyla (Atlantis) to go explore an Ancient archeological site on the Lantis mainland.

I occasionally have sci-fi related dreams, but two nights in a row? And both crossovers? And neither directly the show that I've been immersed in for the past month?
  19. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    My interpertation: You want to write crossover fanfic. ;)
  20. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't remember my dream but it must have been awful. I woke up screaming. I still can't shake the feeling of horror. I freaked out so bad while I was dreaming that I soaked the bed with sweat. No idea what the frak that was, but maybe its good I dont remember it. [face_worried]
  21. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Crikey! I know what you need. Dunno if I'll have time before the meeting to do it, though....
  22. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I fell asleep on the phone talking about Starfest...I won't do that again. I had a nightmare about the con. Let's hope it was an isolated incident and not the beginning of a bad series that I will have no choice but to tune in for.

We were all wearing costumes, yet they were all semi robotic. There was a secret con within the con, and there were four players. They took us over and played us like video game characters. It was similar to the Buffy ep where Ethan does the whammy on their Halloween costumes, except for the fact that we retained all knowledge of who we were. The players received bonus points for having us kill someone we loved. Needless to say I was one of the last mechs standing...in the final four.

I woke up so horrified...I still can't shake the memory of it.
  23. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Pretty sure this is about controlling your life and identity issues.
  24. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It could also be that she watches too much tv ;) Crossovers are fun though!!
  25. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.'

I dreamt of Jabberwockys.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie