main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I might do the same, if Cad Bane dies it's non-canon if he survives it's canon!

I agree, they are both great characters and would make some interesting dynamic for Rebels. If they die though, we still have Hondo at least right?

[​IMG]

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

But Hondo is said to be in the Bounty Hunter arc too! So he could die...

3. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Don't worry, hlc88, he's Hondo Ohnaka - he survives everytime!

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hondo will have his monkey avenge him :p

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  5. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I don't get why Hondo is so popular. I really disliked the character, especially after he tried to kill the younglings, and then kidnapped Ahsoka (and creepily ran his thumb over her lip). Then there was the added insult of refusing her drink. The attempting to kill the younglings I can just about handle, after all Vader is no slouch in that department and he's my favourite Star Wars character, but when you add creepy molester vibes to it he just become unpalatable.

6. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Okay guys well I was at Pablo's panel at D23 today and the first question was about the CW Bonus Content. He said they are working on it "as we speak" so I don't think they are done with whatever they doing to the eps. The other thing said was "you are going to get more than you think" which makes me think we may get almost everything they have left. He restated some parts may contain unfinished animation, so maybe they will have like storyboards with the recorded actors for some of the later episodes, who knows. He also restated they are looking for innovative ways to present the new episodes, so maybe via VOD or even some kind of app? He just stressed we would not be getting these the usual way they are trying to come up with something different. I am too exhausted to post in the Rebels thread but a question came up about Jedi on Rebels and he said during the era of the show there were hardly any left but the ones that were left cast a "long shadow" so they will likely be appearing at some point but won't be the focus.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Thanks for updating us!

The Rebels part makes me think this is closer to ANH since there are so few Jedi left. Also makes me think Ahsoka will only guest star.

8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The idea of unfinished animation really bothers me as that will take me out of the show... but I suppose I'll take what I can get at this point.

"more than you think" sounds interesting, so I'm guessing the talk of roughly a full season's worth may have some truth to it. Interesting that it's still in the works in what was typically this late in the game. I'm a tad annoyed with the lack of commitment to a release format, as I ultimately want this on BD in HD and TV airings of some kind, but oh well. I'll take it if it means we get more episodes at once.

9. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't see the need for an 'innovative' distribution method. Most of us just want it on Blu-Ray/DVD to complete our Clone Wars collection so I hope it will appear in those avenues alongside whatever they come up with.

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

This is great news. "More then we think" - they probably know what we are all guessing with the so far supposed number of episodes to be released.

Can we dare hope that we may get a full seasons worth now?

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Pretty much this. I couldn't care less about "innovative distribution methods" as long as they ultimately releases the bonus stuff on DVD & Blu-ray discs.

Trebor Sabreon, Seerow and hlc88 like this.
  12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I note that rezpen has quoted Pablo has saying may contain unfinished animation. I don't think that is set in stone just yet... its a possibility they could be considering. I'm hoping that if they do release anything that is unfinished animation it is Season 7 stuff rather then Season 6 stuff which by rights should be nearing complete completion by now.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They could release the Bonus Material on lazer discs for all I care as long as it comes out, sooner please.

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Considering they seem to be going for alternative means of distribution, I am hoping this doesn't mean they haven't ruled out a blu-ray release...

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    As long as it can be 'kept' and collected, i'll be happy. Apps and software become unusable as tech advances, and are practically forgotten. Not a good format for important information. I too would prefer a DVD/Blu-ray.

Though frankly I feel that the last Episode as we got it is actually a fitting 'end'. It was moving, and built up towards RotS well.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    "More material"? Yes. "Innovative methods"? Blu-Ray/DVD is innovation enough, thank you. We fans just want the material.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Here's the thing, I'd rather have them put out what they have and finish ALL of the rest of the unfinished stuff on a release schedule over time. TCW releases don't absolutely HAVE to wrap before Rebels, unless those situations and characters show up in the new show. Of course we'd ask for some of the gaping plot hole character resolutions to be filled in.

If they won't do that, second best is I'd want them to take the "important" and "favorite" story arcs that are far from completion, and rework them into spinoff animated films or into Rebels. The Rebels part will only work for stuff that can be pushed past the end of ROTS, i.e. bounty hunter stories.

Absolute last resort would be to view the unfinished stuff in its various forms of completion. Better than nothing.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree, I want this in Blue ray/dvd, all this talk about special release methods worry me. Right now, I'll take anything, but let me remind you that I'm not too thrilled about not finished animation. No other series that I know of releases unfinished stuff.

19. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I'm not opposed to a motion-comic style, if it means we get something we couldn't possibly get otherwise.

But remember the limitations placed on this by wrapping the voice actors when they did. For instance, we know there's no more Maul, because Sam Witwer said in no uncertain terms that we'd seen everything he'd recorded. Unless they were putting off the Maul wrap-up until the very end of the end, I don't think there's any possibility for more than a season of material. In other words, whether you care about Maul or not, it's a completion milemarker.

However, if we do get much more than we expected, might I just suggest, as a point of good character, that we don't get OUTRAGED if it includes stuff that is unfinished or otherwise not totally up to snuff, as far as production values go? Because the chances are, their intent is completely sincere: to give us everything they possibly could. The only alternative would be to just withhold stuff and chuck it in the vault, so that we never even see what they had planned. I don't want a bunch of whiny babies keeping me from seeing that stuff, just because they'd rather throw a fit about Disney and stomp away than see unfinished material.

No other series that I know of is in the same position as TCW (getting cancelled despite its good following, and getting to wrap the remaining episodes up despite its massive expense)...

I know you'd rather see stuff completed, but what's the harm in getting the remnants of the stuff they can't complete?

I guess it would just come across as kinda spoiled to complain about getting MORE stuff, whatever the level of completion.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

That's the problem though, the staff they are using to finish of TCW, Disney may need elsewhere so I don't think they can finish and release over time. I would bet they want to release it one go before Rebels because there will probably be some crossover...

This ^^

We are very lucky to be getting this material after cancellation. I'd rather more material and some unfinished if it means getting more then I expected to.

I think people would like to see the full quality that the team can produce. I think its likely that any unfinished material would be from season 7 rather then from season 6. They would have been working on Season 7 voice-recordings, beginning production on them at the time of cancellation, probably way into production for the beginning of season 7. Example, the clip of Obi-Wan and Anakin from Celebration 2012 around a fireside with the production code of 601 would have been the season 6 finale I think if they kept to production order to air episodes so it is very likely the unfinished material would be season 7.

21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I imagine unfinished stuff won't be considered canon though, right?

I'd watch basic animation or storyboards out of curiousity, but I'm not going to put them at the end of a series rewatch.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I am with you guys that we should be happy for getting extra stuff that they don't necessarily HAVE to give us. I was just giving some priority on my absolute best scenario. We shouldn't completely forget about a "pie in the sky" ideal.

And on the bright side, we may be getting those extra Disney resources that LFA didn't have before to finish some stuff. Hell.. Let's get JTA, DBB, Witwer, Eckstein, etc. back in the studio to record more dialogue if they need it! I am setting expectations that this may not happen, but we can dream...

Circular Logic likes this.
  23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Circular Logic likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Better be true or I'm eating a bird

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012