main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Mertroid, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Books, books, books, and read, read, read! lol Discuss books you've read and books you wish to read and authors you like and etc. So much to do! :D

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I personally like many authors and I collect thousands of books ranging from all age levels. I am a bg reader but I tend not to buy books as I would like to, for their prices, but, I still love to go to Barnes & Noble and read books in there, sitting down to read and relax.

3. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Go to the bargain book section there Alex for the books are really cheap in that area. And yes I love reading books and I love collecting them and when I really like a book you know I read it all day long! :D

4. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, I have quite a large collection, though most of them are outside in a box, but I loved this one book I bought it both in audio and paperback. Its "Hachet" By: Gary Paulsen. I liked that book I guess because it should much like what that movie "Cast Away" showed survival of the fitest...

5. RAVEN-BROWN

RAVEN-BROWN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    You don't have that many books.

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I also love Gravity, By: Tess Gerristen. Really good book, I recommend everyone read it.

7. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I still have to read that and Hatchet was a good book. I remember that book. Very good it was. :D

8. RAVEN-BROWN

Jun 18, 2002
    I liked that book. and Brian's winter.

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes Brian's winter was a good book, and I like the fact that the author decided to write it, for it also answered alot of questions that rose up that if Brian was to remain there on the island when Winter rolled around, what would occur?

10. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes that was a good book too. The whole series there was. I enjoyed them a lot. :)

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Although the book "The River" was alittle too much perhaps. It seemed to be much as hachet, but yet not. but I still can say that the books were quite enjoyable. :)

12. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes indeed. Quite enjoyable. :)

13. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I AM LEGEND" and "Freak the Mighty" are both really good books, anyone read them?

14. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Nope I haven't but I've heard of I Am Legend. I think I should probably read it now. lol After I read the other books on my list of books to read. :D

15. Jodo-Fett

Jun 7, 2002
    I AM LEGEND is a lot better than all your books combined.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I don't know Metroid you have alot of books on your list, lol [face_laugh] But hey it just shows you're a great reader.

17. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Thanks. Well I'm going to get Gravity, then the Godfather and I'll then get the others. Oh I can't wait to read them all! :D

18. Jodo-Fett

Jun 7, 2002
    I read a lot, even tho I hate reading, my teacher keeps yelling at me and calling home because I don't have a book to read in class.

I hate it when they call home cause I get in trouble, I get in trouble for finishing two books in 5days, now I have to find another book to read. Any idea's?

19. Across_the_Stars

Across_the_Stars Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    You should all read The Torn Skirt by Rebecca Godfrey. It's "a hot book, a thrilling romance of teen rage and longing," says the person I quoted. I liked it. It's short and not boring. It's Canadian, too. My Mormon friend liked it.

20. RAVEN-BROWN

Jun 18, 2002
    I wonder if there are any torn skirts in it, or is that just a metaphore. If you haven't noticed already I'm using big words, I think I'm going to make a show about me doing stupid stuff.

21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hmm...Torn Skirt, I am not one for romantic novels myself, but it does sound good. lol

22. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    A girl can say anything, and you'll say: "Oh but it sounds good."

I think I'll go socialize with real people now...

23. Across_the_Stars

Across_the_Stars Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    It's not really a romance. It's just about a girl and she has this obssession with street girl and she follows her. There's hookers and drugs and murder. It's great. And there is one actual torn skirt, I do believe.

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh my mistake Across_The_Stars I figured it to be a romance novel, but if it is not, maybe I should read it. :)

25. RAVEN-BROWN

Jun 18, 2002
    Finally a book that has what the title says, doesn't mean I'm going to read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.