main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Mertroid, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh I've seen Refugee and Reunion now. I have to get those books. :D
    But I finished this one book the second time in a row. It's called The Devil's Own written by Sandra Brown. I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I finished it in a day and then another day today. :D

2. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    So what books are you all reading now? :D

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I am currently reading a great Max Lucado book, "Six Hours One Friday". Its a great inspirational book which helps me grow in my walk with Christ. :D

I highly suggest it for ALL of you to read.

4. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
  5. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    That's what he said :p

Sounds interesting what you're reading. I am reading The Frenchwoman again. :)
    Very good book and those who like Historical fiction books you'd like this book. :)
    I have to go and get Gravity from the library though :)

6. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  7. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    I finished Reunion two days after I got it which was the 2nd of this month so I finished it on the 4th. My sister got the 5th Harry Potter book for her birthday. I started reading it during the party (about 7:30 I believe), read through the night and gave it back to her in the morning. It has about 870 pages. Now I am stuck waiting (AGAIN!!!!!!) for the next NJO book to come out next month. Will it never cease? Well when the series ends I guess.

8. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  9. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I guess that's what I need to do for I'm in need of more books to read now. [face_laugh]
    Thanks for the advice, but I love reading too much! :D
    Yeah good question, will that series ever end? :p

10. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    Read slow?!?!?!?!?! You know I can't do that. Besides I read the books at least three times in a row when I first get them so I can make sure I didn't miss anything. And there are two more books in the series. The Final Prophecy and The Unifying Force. They come out October and November of this year.

11. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh sounds good! Yeah good point, reading slow?! No way! Reading books in a row many times too works until more books you get! :p

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I am way slower then all of you! 8-}

13. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    You're a turtle Alex, we all understand :p

14. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    I finished reading a book by Greg Keyes (author of New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory 1 & 2: Conquest and Rebirth)called The Briar King. Its a fantasy novel that has to do with a kingdom that is being plotted against by some sinister force. While this is happening the Briar King, a great evil of the world, is being awakened by an ancient curse. I highly recommend it.

15. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Sounds cool, Well another good book is The Path of Daggers. It's the 8th book in a series and it's very good. It deals with knights and magic and etc. Highly recommended :D

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Another good book which my sister stated I should read is the one called: "Case for Christ"

it a true story which shows how a strong atheist goes about looking closer into the facts of Christ and in turn accepts Christ as his lord and savor.

It sounds really good and I suggest all read it! :D

17. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
  18. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes you. lol :p
    JP
    Who knows who he means, but he did say all so it must be all of us.

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    That post looks familiar TheOmen! 8-}

Yes, I mean I suggets that you and everyone else herein this thread read it as well. Its really, really GOOD! :D

20. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Has anyone read any of Terry Goodkind's books? I've been reading Faith of the Fallen in his series with his books Wizard's First Rule, Stone of Tears, Blood of the Fold, Temple of the Winds, and Soul of Fire. Faith of the Fallen is awesome! I love books taking place around the Medieval times and crusades with the battles and wizards. You never want to put it down. I want to read the other books in the series like in the other series the Wheel of Time with the Path of Daggers, etc. :D
    Has anybody been reading any books lately? :D

21. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
  22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    His name sounds very familiar. I may have seen him around, yet I have not actually picked up a book and read its contents. Although I am looking for a new book to begin :D .

23. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Well then maybe you should read one of his books. I started Episode 1 today and almost done. There's many differences than the movie and it's enjoybale. Next I'll be reading this book written by Harry Turtledove called Into the Darkness, sounds very good and borrowing it from my cousin :D

24. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Ah.. I started _Into the Darkness_, but didn't have enough time to finish it. It's basically if WWI (or was it II..) had dragons and giant beasts instead of planes and tanks. Quite the interesting story. Tell me how you like it when you're finished.

25. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    World War 2 yes and I'll let you know :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.