main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: An Uncertain Path - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    ApprenticeM--Well, Yoda already knows that Obi-Wan is hurt. He didn't want to compound it by pointing out that Qui-Gon really screwed up. Obi-Wan knows what happened. Besides, Yoda wanted Obi-Wan to focus on Bali and not Qui.

naw ibo--The last thing Obi-Wan should do is take his and Qui-Gon's partnership as an example, except perhaps as an example of what NOT to do.

I think training wise, Qui-Gon was an excellent teacher, with personal interactions he emotionally handicapped Obi-Wan. That was the problem.

And what's with Yoda still hitting Obi-Wan?

Yoda didn't have a problem poking Obi-Wan in his infected arm earlier in the story.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback, everyone. Of course, we are in the home stretch. Only 8 more posts left.

Unfortunately you will have to wait a few weeks after that before the sequel. I'm only on chapter one. :D

2. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    The Book of Realization

Obi-Wan stood silently before the closed lift doors with his head bowed slightly quietly meditating as he waited for the doors to open. He had slid his left hand through the layers of his cloak and gently pressed it to his sore side for support.

All the knight wanted to do was return to his small, peaceful apartment and lie down. Contemplate Yoda?s ultimatum. The ancient master was out of his mind.

The little initiate needed someone he could depend on, someone who would be there.

The in borne chill urged him to tug at the edges of his cloak. The coldness made his injuries ache worse. Borderline exhaustion had seized hold of him. Did Yoda not see it in him? Certainly the ancient master, who noticed everything, knew he was not up to any challenge, especially not the demand of taking on an apprentice.

Bali Tiro, the bright green eyed boy, deserved better.

The lift doors soundlessly slid open. The knight prepared to step into the compartment but stopped. Facing him with stern eyes was Qui-Gon Jinn. Obi-Wan withdrew deeper into his cloak but did not make any move toward the open compartment.

Qui-Gon studied the sight before him, then silently stepped closer to the brushed silver wall making plenty of open space.

Obi-Wan stared hesitantly into the compartment. He had faced far more deadly situations. He could handle a few moments trapped in silence with his former master. Stepping swiftly into the small room before the doors glided closed. He turned to face the doors without allowing his gaze to pass Qui-Gon?s. Glancing at the smooth black panel he noted the master was heading to the same primary level.

Unconsciously the younger man reinforced his shielding. Fearful that the other would sense his uneven thoughts. His mind drifted back to the practice floor and all of the initiates, but mainly he focused on the memory of the little boy. The stark determination in his eyes as he struggled against a more skilled opponent.

As the lift glided toward its destination, Qui-Gon loudly cleared his throat, the sound echoing off the shiny walls of the compartment. "Anakin should not have said what he did to the initiate."

Obi-Wan did not answer, just stared blandly at the doors in front of him.

"I was?"

"Keep him away from Bali," Obi-Wan warned turning cold blue eyes on the master. After a moment he returned his gaze to the doors.

Qui-Gon frowned. "Obi-Wan?"

"Knight Kenobi, if you will." He was well aware of the bitterness that Qui-Gon had often used to speak his name. The way it was spoken dehumanized him more than he already felt.

The master sighed irritably. "You are making this more difficult than it has to be."

The knight remained silent.

"I would like to thank you for coming to Tarsis?"

"I do only as the Council pleases."

Qui-Gon narrowed his eyes as he turned to glare at the side of the younger man?s face. The hard lines of his set eyes robbed Obi-Wan of the boyish appearance. "It is hard to believe so much has changed in the last few years." There was a moment of silence. "You have changed so much."

Obi-Wan blinked incredulously but did not honor the older man by looking his direction. He could feel it, just at the edge of his senses, amplified by the walls of the lift. The sense he had felt before. Shame, anger and hurt reflected in the Jedi master?s aura.

"I told you not to let them push you," Qui-Gon growled.

"I made my own choices."

"What choice is that?" Qui-Gon snapped, a sharpness to his words. "What choice?"

Obi-Wan twisted slightly to stare at the fiery look in Qui-Gon?s features.

"You were trained to be a diplomat. To be a negotiator. Peace and justice, remember those words?"

"When that fails?" Obi-Wan demanded. "When that fails I come in. I fix things. I save lives."

"When all else fails," Qui-Gon repeated sternly. "You have no other methods save violence and action. You never even try other avenues."

The knight clutched the tightly drawn folds of his cloak as he snapped, "If I didn?t there w

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: I am speechless... :eek:

Excellent post, RRK! :eek: :D :eek: Wow... :) :eek: :D

4. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    oh my gosh.... I am sitting here....almost completely speechless. woah.... That was *some* post, rrk! I was looking forward to the confrontation so much....now I'm rather disappointed at how it turned out, yet at the same time it's rather what I expected because of all that has led to it. That's rather creepy when it refers to part of him dying on Naboo... :eek: I didn't completely understand what all you meant, except perhaps a loss of innocence that gave him a revelation above a padawan level. And of course, the waking alone... :( :_| Don't let him go, Qui-Gon!! He doesn't want to hear it, but tell him you're an idiot and a jerk and that you don't know what you're doing!!!

5. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    So now Obi-Wan's going to be mean??

Geez. *grumbles* Men. Don't they ever learn?

In a way, I guess I understand the story... now. Obi-Wan basically said that the part of him that cared for Qui-Gon just..

died!?

But that CAN'T happen. I've been reading this story just for the mush, and now there won't be ANY!?

Fine. Just... just fine.

6. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    [face_shocked] Wow RRK.....I really don't know what to say..........

Great post!

7. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Eergh! I don't know what that means except that I'm frustrated! Obi you get your butt back there and give that man a hug!

Darn straight!

8. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Wow.

Qui Gon was pretty decent there. He did not bother me too much. In fact, he tried to apologize.

That just had me sppechless.

"We are the past.

It seems like Obi Wan has aged so many years since the Battle of Naboo, he is around 30, but he acts older than he is.

And Naw Ibo, your replies are always great to read ;) I promise I will read the next one, lol.

9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Weeks!! Weeks until the next story is up. I don't know how I'll live through that. I'm going to be having withdrawal symptoms. I can't wait for it, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. :D

I think training wise, Qui-Gon was an excellent teacher, with personal interactions he emotionally handicapped Obi-Wan. That was the problem.

But with what Yoda was referring and what Obi-Wan was referring I think that was at least what was in Obi-Wan's mind, at least that's how I read it(you wrote it so you'd know for sure :) ). I just don't think Qui-Gon was that great of a teacher overall, because being a Jedi is much more than about skills. Anakin is a case in point in AOTC--he's got excellent skills but, as Obi-Wan realizes, his skills are more advanced than his control and maturity and the things which really make Jedi, Jedi. Obi-Wan was 16 years old and acting more mature than his master has been in the last three JA books. I think Obi-Wan probably benefitted from Yoda's earlier training more than he benefitted from Qui-Gon's in terms of the more important side of being a Jedi. Obi-Wan learned good practical skills from Qui-Gon, how to swing a mean lightsaber, how to problem solve, etc. But I didn't think that is what Obi-Wan was thinking of--it seemed more like he was talking about that other part of being a Master. When he's thinking of Bali in these scenes, Bali's saber technique is the surface of it, what he really seems to be concerned about is the deeper part of it, the part that will affect Bali as an individual person and Jedi. Of being someone like the best masters, like Yoda, who really touch most of their students down to their souls, generally in a positive way.

Unlike Qui-Gon who has had a student go to the Dark Side after having been spoiled rotten, another who is practically a basket case due to the opposite problem and a third who seems to be heading the route of the first, not bad yet but ultimately much worse. If one student has problems, you can say "Well you know they did their best" and not really put much blame on them for it. But Qui-Gon has had three chances now and he's screwed all of them up in pretty serious ways.

Yoda didn't have a problem poking Obi-Wan in his infected arm earlier in the story.

Oh I know. :D I was kidding--figured I might as well add one more thing onto my list of complaints against characters in the story.

I think that scene went perfectly. Qui-Gon can't just say "Oh I'm sorry" and think everything is going to go away. I remember a scene in, I think, Gone With The Wind where Rhett says something like that to Scarlett, how she's like a child who thinks all she has to do is say she is sorry and everything will be just peachy again. That's what he reminds me of. You can see it in how he started to say "If I had to do it all over again..." but Obi-Wan is right, it would have been exactly the same. He isn't even being honest with himself, so it can't be an honest apology. Even in the way he started attacking, yet again, what Obi-Wan has been doing. Obi-Wan has taken it to the extreme, this is true--but he's got a point, there are times when negotiation doesn't work, when people need to be helped and rescued. Who is Qui-Gon to say that isn't a worthy thing to do? And to blame it on the Council--Obi-Wan has made his own decisions, he isn't trying to scapegoat the Council for it so why must Qui-Gon.

The fact is Qui-Gon doesn't deserve to be forgiven that easily, he certainly doesn't deserve a hug. He's been a real ba***rd throughout most of this story and the time preceding it, which doesn't even cover the things he did before that--dumping him in front of the whole council without any warning, etc.

He was well aware of the bitterness that Qui-Gon had often used to speak his name. The way it was spoken dehumanized him more than he already felt.

This line is devastating, I think.

What I say is move ahead, get on with your life like Yoda said(hopefully with Bali::keeping my fingers crossed::) and just

10. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    You are apologizing to ghosts and the dead cannot forgive. The past is what it is and we cannot change it, only accept it."

RRK, I think I just found my new favorite quote from your fic !!!

Personally, I think the whole post revolved around the meaning of these simple phrases. Of course I can't go into much detail since Naw_Ibo has done such a beautiful and extensive job at it, and my thoughts coincide with hers, I will try to give my two cents.

Just for reiteration, I agree with Naw_Ibo's assessment that Obi learned the practical uses of being a Jedi from Qui. But the real lesson in being a "real" jedi really is from Yoda. After all, in the years that Obi was Qui's apprentice, Qui did nothing to hone Obi's skills other than lightsaber moves and perhaps negotiating skills. THen again, from what TPM portrays, Qui really didn't have all that great of negotiating skills anyways !! Tis true that being a jedi one should seek peace and justice over violence, but if the situation calls for it, then one must do what one has to. Obi does not voluntarily chooses violence over negotiation. He was sent into volatile situations where negotiations would have been futile. Qui should know this better than anyone.

All in all, I am glad that Qui finally noticed the hurt he's caused Obi. At least enough to attempt to ask for forgiveness. But I expected Obi's reaction to be as such. HEck, I'd probably react a lot worse than Obi did. So what if QUi's finally sorry for what he did. HE should have realized this a long time ago and not let the strife elongate to the point that it is today. Leaving things unresolved like that is not typical of a good Jedi, nor is it responsible for a Jedi Master. No wonder Ani has such prbs controlling his anger. Qui's such a bad example for the kid as is.

I am happy that Qui tried to apologize but I'm not about to give him a hug or forgive him on the spot like that. Just like RRK had put it, "the past is what it is,and we cannot change it, only accept it"

Qui should stop putting the blame for how Obi's turned out on the COuncil. Instead, he should start looking deeper in himself and see what he did. After all, he did leave Obi to wake up to an almost empty room (out of his comatose state that is).

Knight_Obi

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Well, I'm new here now and this is my first post ever. :: looks around :: Hello everyone.
    Just joined so I can get updates on this amazing piece of literary material and give feedback like the rest of these psychotic Obi-fans. But who am I to talk, I was chanting along with naw ibo and all the rest when you wanted to slaughter Qui and Anakin. And now, for thefallen's sadistic little idea that has bounced around since I first started reading: I always had this niggling in the back of my mind that maybe when Obi healed Qui he used so much of himself that maybe his body could only stand keeping running for this much longer? And he doesn't want a padawan because he doesn't want anyone to get close to him and the same with Bant, maybe. I don't know... perhaps I think that because I have a strange obsession with beating the tar out of him every chance I get in fics... but don't we all? :)
    I must thank Knight_Obi for introducing me to this wonderful board. Thanks! Such a kind soul.

12. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    That was just... :eek:

Did Jinn just apologise? :eek:

Oh poor Obi. He's been so hurt in the past that he doesn't know how to move on...

13. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    Hi, I just read this...all of it, and it was great! I really like what you did with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I can't wait for the sequel!

14. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh my..... I read this post last night and was left speechless!!!!! Thankfully naw-ibo and Knight_Obi do such a masterful job of summing up how I feel.... Thanks ladies :D :D

Red, I loved your explanation of what happened to Obi-Wan on Naboo when he saved Qui-Gon, another inspired idea from a truly talented author. You put J. Watson to shame, heck you have done a much better job with these characters than Georgie, they could take lessons from you on story telling!!!

Not to shock anyone or anything but I actually started to feel sorry for Qui-Gon in that last post.... I was shocked myself, then we got to the line "I awoke alone" and all my sympathy for him went the way of the Dodo. That line spoke volumes to me. Obi feels what he does as a result of what has been done to him. He has been rejected and abandoned by Qui-Gon repeatedly and only on MD did Qui-Gon have any reason to doubt Obi?s loyalty to him or the Jedi, even if IMHO Obi-Wan was doing the right thing there, but that?s a discussion for another time. He is consistently selfless and I hope that what was lost on Naboo can be found again, with Bali at his side??not Qui-Gon. I have said it before and I will say it again, that bridge was burned to the ground, by Qui-Gon. If Qui-Gon wants to see who to lay the blame on he only needs to look in a mirror! I thought Obi-Wan?s comments were very well said and showed that he has a much better grasp on the realities of life, you can?t change the past just because you don?t like it. You can only look to the future and hope for better. Qui-Gon never seems to learn this lesson, he only looks back with regrets. He should concentrate on doing the right thing to begin with and not always going off in such a blind, arrogant, out of control manner. Another sign of your talent Red, you didn?t opt to take the easy way out and have this ultra mushy reunion, your characters are consistent, not hopping from one personality to another.

I can?t believe there are only 8 more posts to go :sniff sniff: and a couple of weeks wait to see what Red had in store for my favorite Jedi. I will try patients, but be warned I usually fail!!!!!

15. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    First - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
    [face_blush] it's late, I know, all I can say is 'Oops'

I agree with naw ibo and Knight_Obi on their points...
    and 'hippie' LOL

TheFallen...ur theory makes an alarming amount of sense. I only shudder to think what the galaxy would be like without Obi to 'fix' things. Somehow, I can't see Jinny-boy exiling himself to Tatooine for over a decade for the sake of the universe. He'd probably end up committing suicide or something, out of self-pity.
    It would make an interesting story though, to see how the galaxy would cope without our fav. hero. (and I'm not psychotic - just severely mentally disordered :D )Oh - and about Q saying to Obi about 'how he should have negotiated' yadda yadda yadda...I don't remember ol' Jinny being very calm when Ani got beaten up, or even attempt to debate with the guards - and wasn't it Jinn who was going to fight his way out after told to come passively (by Obi, but granted, he didn't know that at the time) Strange how certain death changes one's priorities.
    I'm sorry RRK - I tried to understand Qui, I really did. The Apology was well written, and very Qui-Gon-like, which is probably why I don't think it's enough.

1st - he can't make a straight apology to save his life, and that's just the way he is. I mean; 'Anakin should not have said...' what in Sith hells was that?! HE is supposed to apologize for HIS actions, not what whoever did to whoever. I mean, what does he expect Obi-Wan to do - go to Bali and say, 'hey kid, my former master - who incidentally doesn't speak to me unless it is out of guilt or necessity - says his padawan says sorry for making u think that I'm a monster. Which u don't anymore'
    If Anakin is sorry, he should go and say so himself, (he talks all the time anyway so might as well use his talent for something useful) NOT get his master to go and do it through a secondary source, though I highly doubt Anakin had anything to do with this sudden expression of regret. It's more likely that Jinn just was feeling uncomfortable, and said the first thing that popped into his thick skull.

...which brings me onto my 2nd point -
    Asking someone's forgiveness just to alleviate ur own guilt, kinda defeats the purpose. 'You are making this more difficult than it has to be.' Um, sorry to break the news to u Jinny-boy, but apologizing to someone after shunning them for nearly 4yrs IS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD!

I'm glad that Obi's being stubborn, (as someone pointed out) he's taken a lot of crap from Jinn already and has always been forgiving. It's nice to see that he's able to stand up for himself...in a way he was unconsciously pushing Jinn to further his apology. Obviously Jinn was not going to elaborate further.

3rd - Brownie point to Qui, for caring 'bout Obi's well-being...but because of the backhanded way it was dealt - said to make Obi feel less than he is, like he's doing something foolish - minus the point, plus lots more.
    Isn't it funny how straight after he saves his life, Jinn thinks it's ok to butt into Obi's. He never showed a concern before. He really needs to get over himself, and just show that he cares. No subterfuge; sneaking around the Healers' Wing to check on Obi, or backhanded comments; supposedly apologies. I suppose that's the main reason why I want Obi to be stubborn (of course there's the added angst, and Qui gets a taste of his own medicine [face_mischief]), as he deserves a proper apology, not someone's shadow of one with no substance!
    (muses - I'm using the word 'apology' WAY too much! Oh well...)

4th/5th(whatever) - the one that probably makes me the maddest :mad: is the way he's seems to be disappointed in Obi, just because he didn't turn out the way he wanted him to be. Last I checked, Masters were supposed to guide their padawans - not meld them into a brainless image of themselves who couldn't have an independent thought to save their lives! (and that un-diplomatic brain is what saved u and ur miserable little padawan so what r u compla

16. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    WOW...

Such great insight and analysis Kelly Kenobi and TwilightKat. I couldn't have written a better analysis than you guys did.

And welcome TheFallen. Glad I could help you find this thread.

I just want to say a big Thank You to RRK for writing this wonderful fic. I know I haven't said it enough, especially when I've been trying to control myself from killing Qui, but I thought it was appropriate to say it now. After all, if not for RRk's efforts at writing this masterpiece, none of us readers would be able to enjoy bashing Qui :)

I hope this little "brown-nosing" will help us all get the sequels much sooner than the projected date. Is it working???

Knight_Obi

17. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Wow. That left some speechless and others...did you all develop carpal tunnel? I really enjoyed reading the feedback on this one.

Seeker2--I've been reading this story just for the mush, and now there won't be ANY!?

Don't worry, there will be mush. [face_mischief] ;)

naw ibo---Instead of trying to fill something that used to be there, try to build something new. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Perfect sense. Of course, you will have to wait for Book Two to see if Obi-Wan can get on with his life or not.

TheFallen--Welcome!

And now, for thefallen's sadistic little idea that has bounced around since I first started reading: I always had this niggling in the back of my mind that maybe when Obi healed Qui he used so much of himself that maybe his body could only stand keeping running for this much longer?

I like the way you think. [face_mischief] There are plenty of interesting plans for Obi in the next three books. Of course I'm not telling, nyah!

Kelly Kenobi--Another sign of your talent Red, you didn?t opt to take the easy way out and have this ultra mushy reunion, your characters are consistent, not hopping from one personality to another.

I just love reading everyone's reactions to my little story. Okay, so it isn't little, it's a mutated mess...

TwilightKat--Whew! - I just needed to rant for a...while.

Anytime. Rather enjoyed it.

Knight_Obi--I just want to say a big Thank You to RRK for writing this wonderful fic...I hope this little "brown-nosing" will help us all get the sequels much sooner than the projected date. Is it working???

Nope, nope. I'm still having trouble conjuring up the sequel. More "brown-nosing" and I might be able to work faster. Ha! Ha! Just kidding. I'm working! I 'm working!

All this discussing of mush. Well, I'm sure in the last few posts Bant will stir up a nice big warm bowl of mush. :D

You know, after all of these wonderful long replies my next post is going to seem really short. Oh well, I really like the long posts.

Okay, here's today's post. It's just one of those needed little posts.

18. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    The Book of Apologies

Having finished his required classes for the afternoon, Bali gathered up his study notes and wandered out of his classroom. An hour of free time before a required meditative session was the only thing on his mind. A dip in the pool would relax him.

He didn?t get far before he stopped short.

The initiate?s senses were on high alert as he glanced around nervously. Panic flooded the small form and Bali clutched his class work closer as he turned and sprinted down the long corridor.

Knowing an attack was imminent the boy skidded over the polished surface. He bounced against the wall and flew back the other direction. Bali only made it a few steps before something caught his tunic and whipped him backward.

Opening his mouth to scream a hand clamped over it before he could make a sound. So he bit a finger that wandered too close to his teeth.

The larger boy screamed as Bali tried to break free.

"I?m not going to hurt you!" Anakin said quickly pulling Bali back by the arm.

The little boy squeaked but stopped and turned staring at Anakin with wide green eyes. Fear crept over his features, as he had not yet mastered calmness of expression.

"Don?t run," Anakin said slowly. "I promise I don?t want to hurt you."

Bali took a step back the moment he was let go but just stood there. His muscles tense, alert, ready to bolt at a moment?s notice.

Anakin smiled and started to kneel but the little boy before him skittered back another step. "I?m really sorry about what I said to you before."

The words caught Bali?s attention and he studied Anakin for a moment. "You lied."

"I was angry."

"You?re not supposed to be."

Anakin?s cheeks flushed at the chastisement. "Look, I?m sorry. Don?t believe anything I told you. Okay?"

"I already know," Bali said plainly.

Anakin stared at Bali with surprise for a moment. "How?"

"I talked to him," came the brave little voice behind frightened green eyes.

Almost immediately the padawan learner withdrew. "Look, I?m sorry," Anakin repeated. "That?s all I have to say."

"You lied," Bali repeated.

The padawan turned and stormed off without ever glancing back at the small form in the middle of the hall.

19. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Bali bit Ani!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :D I was laughing out loud.........

Hmm...Seems Ani didn't like having a child point out that he's not supposed to be angry...Too close to home perhaps? Or maybe it's the fact Bali mentioned what Qui is over looking. Does that make any sense?

RRK, we only have a few posts left?!? [face_shocked] It feels like it just started! You might want to hurry with the sequel...Afterall, a mob of waiting readers is one thing, a mob of waiting readers who are going though withdrawal is right down scary [face_mischief]

20. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow. That might have been one of the only times someone liked the way I thought. :)

HAH! Serves you right, 'Ani'. Sometimes apologies just aren't enough... sometimes you need some teeth to do the talking.

:: pats Bali on the back :: Wanted to do that forever...

21. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ha! That's right Ani. You lied. Now deal with it.

Go Bali! When Obi takes you as a Padawan, he'll teach you to fight then you can beat that stuck-up little piece of the Dark Side Padwan. <takes a deep breath. calms down> Yeah, so anyway, way to go Bali. :D

~Swede :p

22. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    LOL! HE bit Anakin's finger. I bet it didn't taste too good. We don't know where Anakin's fingers have been.

Bali sure got the "You Lied," part known to Anakin. Dang straight, Anakin lied and for that, he got bit. Ha!

23. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    That was so cute that Bali bit Ani's finger. :)

But still...there is that ominous feel to it. After all, Ani still stormed off even after he tried to apologize. WHy does this remind me of what happened with Obi and Qui? Can I say this is a parallel?

Qui tried to apologize to Obi, Obi didn't let him. Qui was being self-centered and the whole bit about Obi not trying to forgive when Qui should be the one trying harder!! Now, Bali still couldn't let go of the fact that Ani lied to him. Ani still stormed off, meaning he's really not all that sorry.

Can I say---Dark Side???

Well, I'll leave the rest of the analysis to our wonderful reviewers. As for me, studying awaits...Sigh.

Knight_Obi

24. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Wonderful posts!!!
    Well, at last Qui-Gon is sorry. But I am still not very happy.
    It seems like it will take a long time before both Obi-Wan and Bail are willing to forgive them (both Qui-Gon and Ani). Obi-Wan sounded a lot like Qui-Gon when Yoda talked with him about Bail. Both guys are sooooo stubborn. Not that I mind, but I hope nothing really bad will happen before all four of them can forgive and forget.

*Maybe all four of you should sit down, have a cup of tea, and talk? You can have chocolate and cookies too.* :)

25. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    It appears to me that people here are so prejudiced against Anakin that he can do nothing right for them.

He defends his master against enemy soldiers. Not good enough. He's the one that insists they return to rescue Obi-Wan. Not good enough. Now, he comes and apologizes to Bali, and to admit that he lied. Apparently that isn't good enough either.

While everyone is singing Bali's praise, let's remember a few things here. While Anakin might feel anger, Bali feels fear. And it seems he feels fear far more often than Anakin feels anger. And what did Yoda once say? "Fear is the way to the Dark Side!" As well, he seems unwilling to forgive Anakin. Isn't forgiveness another Jedi virtue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.