main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: An Uncertain Path - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    "Another hobby need, I do not." LOL! How funny!

And, to clear things up, when I say mush, I don't mean food, I mean Qui/Obi mush!!!!!!

Not Qui/Ani mush, or Obi/Bali mush (though it is nice) but QUI/OBI MUSH!

2. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    So Obi and Qui are Yoda's hobbles? Hehe. :D

It's about time someone screws Qui's head on. Maybe he's finally starting to figure things out. That's good because now I don't have to hit him over the head a couple dozen times to get it through his thick skull. It would have been nice to know though that the Council pulled Obi out of the apt from Qui. Or did I miss that? Though with only four posts left, why do I get the feeling that you're not going to have them make up? Hmmm?

And I agree with Master Gimpy, I think Obi's finally starting to think that he is worth something and not trying to kill himself, intentenal or not. I'm just hoping Obi and Bali become Master and Padwan. I can worry about the rest later. For now.

LOL Pansey, I didn't even catch that. [face_laugh] Yes, RRK, were is the real mush, not the gruel.

~Swede :p

3. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    *Ahem*

I can't think of anything to say. Other than, of course, GO MACE!

Even though Yoda was behind him whispering every word into his ear.

Oh well.

You all know the saying. Behind every famous person, behind every famous speech, there is a little green troll with too many hobbies.

Up.

4. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL!! Go Mace!! And Yoda! Evesdropping...... :D Didn't know he had it in him!!!!!

Obi's NOT expandable!!! :mad: He's too cute!

5. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    As long as there will be Qui/Obi mush, I don't mind that they are Yoda's hobbies.

Yoda, you sure have nice hobbies.

Qui-Gon, you know that Yoda is usually right, let not repeat the history again. I think it had been repeated way too many times.

I sure hope that the mush that we want will come soon!

More!

6. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    agree with the sentiment that Obi's NOT expendable!
    the LGT's actually quite bright isn't he - he's using reverse psychology on Qui, as well as blatant accusation. It's about time for Qui to get a wakeup call. [face_devil]

ps - what do u get someone who 'doesn't mind' what she gets for Christmas. It's really annoying trying to find the right gift. (and she's a close friend, so I want to get her something nice)Any tips?

7. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Ahh, the little green troll always come through. Albeit in the most strange of circumstances, comes through he always does.

Glad to know that someone is telling Qui about what happened. MY only surprise is the long wait it took for this to happen. YOu'd think that after a year or so the Council would intervene. THen again, during that time, Obi was out on his dangerous adventures without any respites in between so that probably wouldn't work too well.

NOw, Qui's beginning, I believe, to see his faults. I say, FINALLY !!! But I am definitely NOT ready for some mush between Qui and OBi. Mush between Bali and OBi becoming Master and Padawan yes, but none between QUi and Obi. YOu can call me overly critical, but just because Qui's beginning to understand what had happened, it doesn't mean that he should be forgiven so easily for it. IF he wasn't so self-centric, he would have done this whole apology thing much much earlier.

RRK, why must you end this wonderful fic in four days or so??!! It's this little "break" that is keeping me sane from the finals. YOu just gotta post something soon!!!

Knight_Obi

8. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    "More hobbies need, I do not."

Well, buddy, I'd think not. Between messing with Qui-Gon's little loose screwed head, ramming your stick if every battered part of Obi AND messing with his head, you're schedule is fully booked up. You couldn't try another hobbie if you wanted to.

Only 4 more posts?! SAINTS PRESERVE US! Are you going to tell us when the sequel is going to be started/posted? I don't want to miss this! This has got to be one of the best.

It's nice to know that SOMETHING is getting through all that hair and through Qui's skull. And who better to do is than a certain Windu and a meddling little troll that has a strange drawing to all Jedi with attitude problems?

9. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Wow... that was good. I'm glad Mace helped to mess with Qui Gon's head and make him begin to realize what had actually happend with Obi :)

4 more posts left... I hope they are very freakishly long. I am going to go insane when you complete AUP RRK ;)

10. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Knight_Obi--Glad to know that someone is telling Qui about what happened. MY only surprise is the long wait it took for this to happen. YOu'd think that after a year or so the Council would intervene.

After that they were apart, not disrupting the temple so there was no reason. The Council figured at some point things would work out or at least smooth out slightly. Naturally that didn't happen and Yoda and Mace are playing games.

This is just a short little post but it will help tie up some more loose ends. Hope you enjoy.

11. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    The Book of Questions

An ache had settled deep within Obi-Wan's muscles and joints. He had maintained the same position far too long for someone feeling like he did. The stiffness made him wonder if he could even move to stand up. The Coruscant night had came and went and he didn't feel any more at peace with himself.

The leaves of the yawen rustled softly above. Biting back a low groan he stretched the tight muscles of his back and slowly opened his eyes.

Bali Tiro was quietly meditating across from him.

Obi-Wan just stared curiously at the boy at first not quite sure how he had missed the boy?s approach. After a moment though, he realized he had been completely aware even welcoming of the small, creeping footsteps and the boy?s attempt at shielding. He would need practice with that, but Obi-Wan also knew very few could successfully sneak past him.

One bright green eye popped open slightly and then quickly closed.

Obi-Wan quietly studied the boy.

After a moment, Bali sneaked another peek but realized he was caught. Two bright green eyes slowly opened and faced the knight. "I didn?t mean to disturb you."

"That?s all right," he said slowly, consciously relaxing his shielding enough for the boy to sense his presence. "What brings you here?"

Bali shrugged. "I felt like I should be here." Uncertain eyes immediately cast down to the thick carpet of grass they were kneeling on.

Obi-Wan gave a gentle smile thinking if the boy's innocence. He didn't even truly understand that he was following the will of the Force. He just accepted it.

"You do morning meditations?" Bali asked suddenly brightening as if he were surprised to see Obi-Wan there.

A little embarrassed Obi-Wan answered quickly, "Just sort of worked out that way."

"Oh." Confusion clung to the boy?s small features.

"I?ve been doing a lot of thinking," the knight tried to clarify. "It has taken me a while."

Bali stared up, his features curious but not expectant.

Obi-Wan inwardly growled. It was a lot harder than he imagined. He gingerly reached out to the initiate and tugged on the little tuft of hair behind the boy?s right ear. "Would you?"

The words had been easier when he spoke them in his head.

He was going to have to move from the safety of his corner apartment.

Meeting the boy?s wide-eyed stare, he said, "I would be honored?if you would become my padawn." The words had been clumsy and uneven, he had hoped to voice it better.

Bali sat there with an unsure look.

The knight frowned.

The initiate suddenly bounded forward, a big smile on his face as he wrapped his little arms tight around the knight?s neck. "I?d be a good apprentice," Bali said almost excitedly, "I promise."

"I know you would do your best," Obi-Wan said gently hugging the boy back. After a moment the pain elicited a soft groan and he gingerly peeled the boy from around his neck.

"Sorry, Master," the Bali said quickly as he inclined his head in a slight bow.

"I?m not your master yet," Obi-Wan gently corrected. He knew he had to seek the Council's approval. At that point in his life, he wasn't sure they would ever let him step foot outside the Temple. "Not until the Council approves it." He smiled at the look of worry that danced over Bali?s eager face. "You have classes to attend to?"

"Yes, Sir." Bali stared happily back at the knight.

"Good. You should attend to them. I will schedule a meeting with the Council."

"Yes, Sir," the little boy said a little too quickly unable to contain his excitement as he wiggled slightly in his place.

"Go."

Bali stood and quickly bowed, then turned and sprinted as quickly as possible from the gardens.

Obi-Wan slumped against the yawen tree wondering if he had done the right thing.

12. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I went to a concert last night and was so tired when I got home I didn't even bother to turn on the computer. The only thing I regretted was that I missed my daily dose of this story. :)

WAY TO GO, MACE! And the LGT!! I love reading the posts with interaction between Mace and Qui-Gon. Even when it is something serious, somehow the way Mace deals with him always gives me a bit of a laugh.

You all know the saying. Behind every famous person, behind every famous speech, there is a little green troll with too many hobbies.

LOL!! We certainly can't accuse Yoda of picking easy, relaxing hobbies can we?

Now I wonder what those "first three missions" afterwhich Qui-Gon asked them to stop sending Obi-Wan on were? I hope we get to find out some of this stuff in the Sequels, flashbacks or something.

I'm with Knight_Obi though. Qui-Gon's just done too much to be easily forgiven. This last post, yet again shows how self-centered and self-involved Qui-Gon has been over the last four years.

Also, great analysis, jedi master gimpy :D I loved reading it, very thought provoking.

13. Meril

Meril Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2001
    YES!!! [face_love] :D :D

I've never posted before but this is so good that I just had to post. This is what I've been waiting for. :D Bali and Obi-Wan together. [face_love]

I love this story and I look forward to it every night.

14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    YYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! :):)

Now we just have to fix that Qui/Obi problem... hrm..... :)

15. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I hope the Council say yes. I mean we know the LGT's and his not-so-little helper's going to...but what about the rest of them?
    [face_love] but there was mush.
    wait a minute; that means no angst!

elf1: give in to the MUSH!
    elf2: u know u want the ANGST...to vent all the stress of DARTH RL! (and Obi hurts so well...)

Me: (thinks hard) um, can I have both? [hopeful look]

16. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Awww [face_love] I hope they can. I will cry if Bali and Obi cannot become MAster/Padawan.

That was my favorite post RRK. I am just so happy :)

17. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh that was wonderful and sweet, RRK. I hope he doesn't get too much of a hard time from the Council though I would imagine they'll have to give him a bit of one. :) I mean, he's been a bit whacked out for a while. LOL! But Bali is little and a bit behind on his skills and they probably don't want Obi-Wan straying too far from the Temple yet, its still too soon--so it could actually work out in the end. It was cute the way Obi-Wan was unsure and worried about how he it sounded when he asked Bali to be his padawan. And Bali was just too cute when he promised to be a good padawan. :D

Might as well take the good times when we can get them, eh? ;)

"I?d be a good apprentice," Bali said almost excitedly, "I promise."

"I know you would do your best," Obi-Wan said

I like that exchange. "I know you would do your best", that's a good expectation to have. It's not comparative to any one or any thing else.

Three sequels!?! You are just too good to be true RRK. I will be waiting with baited breath for the next one. :D

18. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    No! I NEED mush! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!?? Well, at least Obi and Bali are Master and Padawan.

So, what's going to happen with Anakin?

*Coughes* Not like I care or anything. Just that it'd be nice to see him dipped in boiling oil or something.

Just a thought.

19. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Boiling oil... ahhh.. acid... heeeheeeheee...

:: Looks around suddenly ::

When did you all get here? Umm...

Well, post soon!

20. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Aww... :) It's about time!!

And I'm pretty sure the Council will say yes.....otherwise they'll have to face a mad green troll....... [face_shocked]

Yeah RRK, will these "first three missions" be mentioned in the sequels? Didn't Obi remember being shot in the back by an "old friend" on a mission somewhere in this story?

21. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh goodie... I am having such a great day!!!! First my Ducks won the Civil War and now Obi has asked Bali to be his Padawan and so sweetly [face_love] [face_love] :D :D :D I am certain the council will approve.... Yoda will see to that!

I am giddy with anticipation for the sequels to this. Red, you can take these characters anywhere you want. Not to sould horrible or anything but how does a little Bali torture and a lot of crazed with worry Obi sound. Sounds like a little slice of fiction heaven for me!

22. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Gee, Kelly, even I'M not that bad--torturing poor little Bali already. ;) Obi torture, Bali torture(which of course leads to BIG Obi emotional torture because he'd be beside himself--poor man would feel so awful, you don't get out of the type of perfectionism he suffers from quickly you know). Goody goody!!!

Don't forget Knight_Obi's AUP sequel speculation thread here: AUP sequel speculation thread

23. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    YAY !!!

Finally Obi had said it !!! About time but oh so cute and sweet. Obi and Bali will make such a great Master/Padawan pair. I can't wait until we see more about thier training in the next few sequels!!.

Kelly Kenobi: And I thought I was bad for loving Obi torture!! But you are right though. Torture Bali will equally be good since now Obi is his Master.

AHHHH. Only a few post left!!! Anybody got a hobby or something for me? I need to get my mind off from the long wait until the sequel is up and running!

Knight_Obi

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :D

*dances happily around*

He did it! He asked Bali to be his Padawan!!!!! :D YAY!!!!!! :D

Excellent, RRK! :D Amazing! :) That was so great... :)

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Obi-Wan asked Bali to be his Padawan!!! About time too! And of course he did the right thing!!! :) :) :)

x Clare x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.