The Book of Paths: An Uncertain Path - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

He did it! He did it!!!

:D
  2. Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

RRK, you seemed to have made some people very happy by getting Obi and Bali together. Me included. :D

~Swede :p
  4. Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  5. red rose knight Force Ghost

star 4
    So I take it everyone approved of the last post?

ApprenticeM--will these "first three missions" be mentioned in the sequels? Didn't Obi remember being shot in the back by an "old friend" on a mission somewhere in this story?

Not to worry, past of them will be addressed in Book Two.

Kelly Kenobi--how does a little Bali torture and a lot of crazed with worry Obi sound

Bali-torture? That's terrible, especially making Obi-Wan worry about him. ;)

Here's the next little post. Hopefully it will be up shortly, I'm having internet problems. It's on for five minutes off for five constantly for the last two days. Ugh.
  6. red rose knight Force Ghost

star 4
    The Book of the Broken Stone

Qui-Gon had wandered the temple for what felt like hours, but he knew it had not been very long. Slowly he had turned back toward his apartment he shared with Anakin.

It had not always been that way though.

His fingers brushed over the cool placard above the panel.

Jinn/Skywalker.

Anakin had beamed like the brightest star when the placard had been placed there. He still remembered the boy's bright shining eyes. He was appreciative of the white rectangle with the simple black lettering. It had looked so wrong to him in the weeks after he had angrily pulled the old one off.

Roughly palming the door open he quietly stepped into the low lighting of the apartment.

Mace's words still haunted him even as he struggled to block them out. Swiftly he pulled off his cloak and slung it over the couch.

He had known the truth the day he came back to the apartment to find it empty. It had always been there, in the back of his mind. Obi-Wan couldn't have walked away without a formal review. The Council had taken him away. He wouldn?t have become a knight otherwise.

Qui-Gon frowned. He just never wanted to dwell on that truth.

Creeping to the open door of Anakin's room, he found the thirteen year old deep asleep. A gentle but sad smile graced the venerable master?s face. He could hardly believe the dusty little boy from Tatooine was the same one curled under a disorganized mess of blankets.

Still bothered by his earlier conversation and no more free of the haunting words the Senior Council member had spoken. Qui-Gon crept quietly to his room and closed the door. Palming the lock on he retreated to the small desk in the corner. There was a moment of hesitation as he built up his mental shielding and gently blocked his bond with Anakin. From a drawer he removed a small, pale blue pouch. Something he had picked up in a street bazaar, a couple years earlier. He stared at the elegantly woven material that was dwarfed in his large hand.

Taking a seat on the edge of his sleep couch, the venerable master pulled the small pouch open. The contents were spilled into the cup of his palm. Broken halves of a river stone came to rest in his shaking hand.

It had been so long since he had laid eyes on it. Tears welled in his eyes as the room lights glinted off the broken stone. Deep red streaks ran through the shiny blackness. His large thumb rubbed over the smooth sides of the stone, pushing them over his rough skin.

Tears flowed down his cheeks soaking into his graying beard. He stared at the shattered stone that he had given Obi-Wan for his thirteenth birthday. Shaking hands carefully fitted the pieces together he studied the deep crevice where tiny bits of stone had been ground into powder and were forever lost. The two pieces fell apart again, revealing their jagged edges.

Clutching the stone tight in his hands he was comforted by the warmth it offered him. For a moment he understood why it had always been so important to Obi-Wan. Unable to hold back the tears he allowed the sobs to take hold.

The pain tore at his heart as he began to realize just how hurt Obi-Wan must have been to leave the stone behind.

He was powerless to control the sobs that shook him.

The Force swirled about the Jedi master, sharing in his grief. The gentle currents lapped against his wounded soul.

His grip grew tighter over the stone.

Whatever had happened to his bright, shining padawan?

He so dearly missed the vibrant, life filled eyes.

Like the stone Obi-Wan had been broken.

Qui-Gon struggled but the tears still came. His chest still ached with a pain he could no longer suppress.

The light and energy of the Force infused his entire being.

He had failed Obi-Wan.

The tears that tickled his cheek were cold.

Drawing his attention to the river stone his sobbing stopped. Tears glistened in his curious eyes.

The stone, while permanently scared was whole again.
  7. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: COOL! :D

Will the same happen to Obi-Wan?

~Swede :p
  8. Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Athen Jedi Knight

Well, maybe Obi-Wan doesn't need Qui-Gon to heal after all. ( a certain young boy can do the job nicely.)

I am happy that Obi-Wan is healing, but does that means that there will be no Qui/Obi mush?
    I...I want Qui/Obi mush!!!
  10. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww... You know Qui, once you stop acting like a jerk and pull your head out of the sand... you're a pretty good guy. :: pats Qui on the back and gives him an ice pack for all the beatings he's taken from the fans ::

Is this a foreshadow of what will happen to the two shattered peices of the relationship? :: hopeful eyes :: But there's only a few more posts... :( BUT SEQUEL! HALLELUJAH!!
  11. naw ibo Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes! Qui-Gon finally gets it. It's about bloody time. Is Anakin really not sensing any of this?

I always liked that stone, glad to see it's back together again.

This story is so close to over. I'm glad to hear we'll be hearing about some of those other things in the Sequels.
  12. ApprenticeM Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa...Cool! [face_shocked]

RRk, how can I hate the guy if you write him like that? Is it too much to hope for that we'll be getting some Qui/Obi mush at the end? And I don't mean the food!
  13. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Knight_Obi Jedi Knight

star 3
    The stone, while permanently scared was whole again.

Well that line pretty much summed up Obi's situation in AUP. He was hurt by Qui and that pain will never be resolved, but he has found a new "purpose" in Bali, making his life whole again. Great Job RRK !!!

And I do feel bad for Qui, but not enough to go and give him a hug just yet.

knight_obi
  15. naw ibo Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL!! Knight_Obi, we are not easy to get past are we? :D

I really like the symbolism of the rock, really excellent.
  16. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Just found this story and I really am enjoying it.I know all of you have indebt opinions on this story and it might a bit shallow of me,but the one thing I want QGJ to resend is the statement to Anakin that HE was the best Padawan he had ever trained.Wouldn't see Obi lying to little children,or killing birds.Just a thought.Thank You for a wonderful story and am looking forward to another post PEACE Ewen
  17. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    What naw ibo said about the symbolism of the rock. :)

But I'm a bit worried about the 'permanently scarred' part...

x Clare x
  18. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    WOW have a missed alot.

I'm so happy to see that Qui does have a heart after all. :D

Now about that Obi/Qui mush.....

I seriously want some!!!!

19. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! I loved all the new posts, and am ashamed that I had to miss so many over my extremely hectic weekend! :(

[face_blush] I'm amazed my little Obi-Wan analysis turned out so well, rrk! Thanks, naw ibo! [face_blush]

In The Book of Euphemisms Qui-Gon actually reminded me a lot of Obi-Wan in many ways (except for being older, meaner, and a big JERK, of course! ;) ) For example (sheesh, I feel like I'm writing an essay! ;) ), when Mace says, "You dismissed him, twice before the Council. Or did you forget that?" and Qui-Gon responds, "I did not." The image that comes to mind is a very indignant Qui-Gon attempting to explain something he himself knows is wrong - trying to deny it, in order to save himself from more hurt. In the same way, he attacks Mace and the Council for their protection - "Protection?" He asked angrily. Standing, the venerable master met the Senior Council member in a steady gaze. "Protection? Is that what the Council offered? You sent him?repeatedly?on some of the most dangerous missions you could find." Of course Qui-Gon would be quick to pick up on that - after he failed to protect Obi-Wan, failed to stay by his side, he would be quick to point out anyone else doing so in order to justify himself. It's like reverse Obi-Wan: Obi-Wan hurts himself because he feels he deserves no happiness, where as Qui-Gon gets angry at others to keep himself from being hurt.

Yes!!!! I was soooooo happy when Obi asked Bali to be his padawan! [face_love] Not to mention how little Bali snuck up and was medidating beside him - that is so cute!!! True to form, Obi-Wan questioned himself after the deed was done because he finds himself slowly letting Bali in and he's beginning to see that it would truly make him happy. Because of this, it scares him, especially because Bali's happiness puts pressure on him to not fail Bali. All in all, I have a feeling Obi-Wan is going to be surprised by just how eager Yoda is going to be for him to train Bali! :)

It appears that Qui-Gon finally woke up to the world around him and what happened! His grief was touching, and like everyone else I am truly hoping that the river rock mending is symbolistic of his relationship with Obi-Wan. Unfortunately, school calls and I have to cut my essay short ;) (why, oh WHY can't my English teacher assign essays on wonderful stories like this!). Looking forward to more, as always! :D :D
  20. Mysticshill Jedi Knight

star 1
    Totally awesome....keep it up! :D
  21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow, wow, WOW, and WOW!!!!!!!

Amazing post, RRK! :D I hope that Obi can become "whole" again like the stone! :)

22. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay! Qui-Gon finally got his head out of you-know-where!!!!!!

And now there will be MUSH!

*Gulps*

Right?
  23. ApprenticeM Jedi Master

star 4
    Uppers..... :D Man, it's hard to believe this is almost over! [face_shocked]
  24. Seeker2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, after hating Qui-Gon for almost the whole story, I've got to say this:

"_____________________"

There you go!

Now for those of you who are wondering what exactly the compliment is, I'll clarify it for you.

I didn't INSULT him!

Thus complimenting him.

I know I'm a smart aleck. More please.
  25. Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.