main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: An Uncertain Path - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    RRKKKKKKKKiiiieeeee.....

Where aaaaaarrrreeee yyyyyooooouuuuuu???????

~Swede :D

2. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Ah no post!! But that's okay, I believe RRK mentioned she was having a lot of problems with her internet connection didn't she? I'm sure she's as eager to post it as we are to see it. :)

Obi-Wan hurts himself because he feels he deserves no happiness, where as Qui-Gon gets angry at others to keep himself from being hurt.

I think you are quite right, j_m_g. Earlier in the story we discussed something very similar somewhere--about how Obi-Wan tends to turn things inward upon himself whereas Qui-Gon tends to turn it outward and either lash out or project onto other people.

3. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    paitiently waiting :) ........

I agree with both naw ibo and j_M_G. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have a different way of dealing with their hurt inside..... I just wish that we will see their relationship mend as the river stone has.

Kim

PS sniff sniff where are you RRK?

4. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh, if she's having trouble with her computer then it's ok. For now. Hope she posts soon.

~Swede :)

5. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    I hope RRK post soon too...though her "zone time" is different than "Boards" time so she may not today :( It is late for her and I know she has to wake up early for work. I hope she'll be able to get her internet working and we may get a post early in the morning.

Knight_Obi

6. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    I think she may be on Bellsouth cuz I have that too and I have only been able to get on the 'net twice today. And bellsouth crashed. Then they went off the 'net totally. So...

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I hope we hear from Red soon... I am about to go stark raving mad waiting for a post!!!!

8. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Now, I could apologize deeply for making you suffer a day without a post. But if you look at it like this, that is one less day of withdrawals you will have to go through. ;)

As of this moment, the internet is working okey dokey. Of course that could change in three minutes?

ApprenticeM?RRk, how can I hate the guy if you write him like that?

I like to keep you on your toes.

Is it too much to hope for that we'll be getting some Qui/Obi mush at the end? And I don't mean the food!

Don?t worry, Bant is out of the kitchen. [face_mischief]

Sara_Kenobi?I'm so happy to see that Qui does have a heart after all.

Well, you know Qui, he?s often too busy listening to the living Force to pay attention to what his little old heart is whispering sometimes.

jedi_master_gimpy?sheesh, I feel like I'm writing an essay!

Of course you know you will be graded on it. :D

Seeker2?"_____________________"

Now that was profound. 8-}

Sorry, no Qui/Obi mush today, we have some business with the Council first. :)

After today there will be two more posts and a teaser for Book Two.

It?s almost over. :_| Then it starts again in a couple weeks. :)

9. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    The Book of Declarations

The calm, all knowing gaze of the Jedi Council remained focused on the silent figure in their midst.

Obi-Wan stood humbly before the Council. His arms folded into his sleeves and his head bowed calmly waiting to be formally addressed.

Mace finally broke the silence, "Come to demand another mission?"

"Yes, Master."

Yoda perked up slightly in his seat. Ancient yellow eyes studied the Jedi before him, but he said nothing.

Slowly Obi-Wan raise his head and glanced around at the emotionless expressions of those who encircled him. "I wish to take a padawan learner."

The silence was powerful as the masters sat in quiet counsel. The knight lowered his gaze to the patterned floor. They were going to deny him. He should have asked the permission first then confronted the boy.

"And who may this learner be?" Ki Adi Mundi asked as if the answer had not already been known by all.

"Bali Tiro."

"Is the boy here?" Mace asked.

"He is waiting outside the chamber."

"Bring him forth."

Obi-Wan bowed formally and retreated to the chamber doors. After a moment the doors swept closed behind him. His cloak swept around as he turned revealing a small boy to his side and one step behind.

Bali glanced around nervously at the circle of great masters who studied him. He stopped next to Obi-Wan, then took a step closer to the knight.

Sensing the small figure's fear, Obi-Wan pressed his hand to the boy's shoulder. Then offered the little initiate waves of reassurance. Bali glanced up and was given a gentle smile. The tension quickly eased in the boy?s big green eyes.

The contemplative masters silently noted the exchanged. Yoda allowed a smile to crack his usually passive features.

At this cue Obi-Wan announced, "I take Bali Tiro as my padawan learner."

The little master turned his attention back to the boy who appeared a braver. "Agree with this, do you?"

"Yes, Master," Bali answered quickly.

"Hmm," Yoda contemplated the scene before turning to face Mace in silent counsel.

Depa Billaba spoke up. "Knight Kenobi."

"Yes, Master?"

"You understand that you must move to more appropriate housing."

"Yes, Master," he answered obediently.

"And do you understand the responsibility of taking on a padawan learner?"

Obi-Wan was silent for a moment. "Everything will change."

"And you willingly accept this?" Ki-Adi Mundi asked.

"Yes, Master."

Mace picked up. "You must give up the missions you are so accustomed to."

"Respectfully, Master, the Council has all ready forced me to give those missions up."

"Indeed."

There was a long silence.

Bali glanced around worriedly. Then the slightest movement of Obi-Wan?s hand against the boy?s shoulder urged Bali into remaining still.

Yoda?s ears twitched at the subtle action. "Agree with you the Council does," he stated, "that you should take this boy as your padawan learner."

"You will take new quarters," Mace said firmly.

"Yes, Master."

"Contact housing immediately." Mace then turned his attention to the boy. "You have some packing to do, Padawan Tiro."

The boy smiled at the reference, then desperately tried to screw his face back into a staid Jedi mask.

Mace motioned a dismissal.

Obi-Wan, followed by Bali bowed, then retreated from the Council chambers.

Mace glanced over at Yoda. "I suppose you?re going to make me pay up?"

"Lost the bet you did. Made the boy an apprentice, he did."

10. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Yeah! A post!

YES! Go Obi! Go Bali!

Finally, Obi will get out of his little dungeon. Now, Bali, you take good care of your Master.

And there was a bet? LOL

~Swede :p

11. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Ahhhh..... I can feel the withdrawl symptons easing as I type :D :D

Loved the council scene, they didn't all agree immediatly that Obi should take a padawan. Instead it was Obi's actions that made them all see how right this pairing is. Now pay up Mace!!!!! Have I mentioned latley how much I love Yoda in this story... he is just the kewlest :cool: :cool: :cool:

Only 2 more posts :_| :_| :_| Then a tease about the next chapter [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I can't wait!!!!

12. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Mace and Yoda BET on it? LOL!!!! [face_laugh]

A couple WEEKS?!?!? Oh man...And I thought one night of withdrawal was painful! Does any know if there's a fan fic rehab center anywhere? 8-}

Little Bali is so cute.... [face_love] Opps, sorry, guess I should say Padawan Bali! :D

Now let's see Ani try something :mad:

13. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    LOL a Bet???

That is quite hilarious!!

And big YAY for now Obi and Bali are "officially" Master and padawan. :)

The withdrawal effects were gruesome RRK, but I'm glad that you finally posted so us addicts get our fix. My prb is, how can all of us withstand the "long withdrawal" until the sequels are up and running??? YOu've got to give us something to work with.

Knight_Obi

14. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    Just wondering...

This is is likely to be my wild imagination... but would Obi and Bali move VERY~~~ close to Qui-Gon's quatres?

And like so many others I really want mush.... there fore I have my tissues on standby just incase ;) (I had need of it in this fic many times and I am now getting ready ahead)

Kim

Just hoping desperately here but... will there be another update today??? seeing there was none yesterday? :p :p :p (I know I know... it was just a desperate hope)

15. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000

I love that. I'm so glade that Obi took Bali. Can't wait to read more.

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Oh soooooo good,just not long enough for me.Lol Lol.PEACE Ewen

17. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I loved that. This is the best story I have ever read! So, does this mean only two more posts?

I am going to go crazy with anticipation :eek:

18. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Okay, I know half a dozen people have already said this:

I LOVE this! Gotta give the LGT alot of credit.

I really liked the way you had Obi-Wan's actions convince them rather than just having them be like "well it'll keep him busy let's say yes" or even having Yoda sort of argue in support, although he's obviously already done that with Mace. :)

Padawan Bali, or Padawan Tiro, it's got a nice ring to it. Kenobi and Tiro, what a pair!

I know we only have two posts left and a teaser--but will we get to see Bali and Obi-Wan "set up home"? I really hope it isn't too close to Qui-Gon and Anakin. It would be nice to let them have some development without being followed by the shadow of those two.

I'm trying not to think about the withdrawals right now. They are going to be brutal.

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL! Loved the last part between Mace and Yoda! :D

Yay Obi and Bali!!! :)

20. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Geez, a day without a post and you all go crazy. What are you going to be like after a couple of weeks?

Well I really don't have a lot to say. One more post after today and that is the end...

For a little while. :D

Thank you for all the wonderful feedback.

Later this evening I will post the teaser. It is a glance at ten different scenes. No particular order. It will give those of you who can't wait something to think about.

;)

21. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    The Book of Intersections

There was a great deal of life in the residential hall. Padawans giggled and bustled about chased by young masters. It was a noisy hall, far from the serene levels where masters of seniority and their apprentices lived.

Obi-Wan knew he would have to learn to get used to the noise and all the movement. His senses were naturally on alert but he felt no danger so he tried to relax as he stepped out of the new apartment.

Two young girls bolted past, laughing as they hugged their books tight to their chests.

The knight sighed again repeating to himself that he would get used to it. Turning to palm the door closed, he paused, brushing his fingers over the white rectangle with black lettering.

Kenobi/Tiro.

Historically it took housing a day or two before placing the placard on a door but this one was there and waiting as soon as he got the new room assignment. Which left him to wonder if Yoda hadn?t already ordered it.

Tugging on the edges of his cloak he went to collect the boy.

With his brisk pace, he easily traversed the massive temple. He knew the initiate dorms were not that far away but the walk seemed like a never ending journey. Obi-Wan slowed realizing that he was going to have to walk a more sedate pace if little Bali was going to keep up with him. The child would wear out just trying to keep caught up.

That was not going to be the only change. There were so many he didn?t even want to think about it. He would cross those bridges when the time came.

The debate still raged on inside his head as to whether he had done the right thing. It was too late to change his mind. Bali was probably wiggling with excitement for him to show up.

Distracted by the ever present chill, he tugged on the edges of his cloak.

Suddenly Obi-Wan stopped at one of those bridges.

A master?s duty is to train a padawan. Protect them. Deal with injuries when they occur. Bali would be depending on him for all of that. He wasn?t sure he could channel the Force to treat someone else.

Mentally, physically that part of him was forever damaged.

So how could he teach Bali?

He would have to deal with it somehow, just not at the moment.

There were more important things, like the little initiate he had to gather up and turn into a padawan in the space of an afternoon.

Rounding a corner he stopped.

Obi-Wan?s attentions had been elsewhere and he hadn?t paid close enough attention to his surroundings.

A mistake he would not allow to happen again.

Curtly. "Master Jinn."

Qui-Gon stood there a moment, surprise danced briefly over his leonine features. A smile escaped. "Knight Kenobi." The name had not been spoken harshly or indifferently.

With barely a hesitation, Obi-Wan stepped around Qui-Gon and started to walk off.

"Please," Qui-Gon called out, "stop."

Obi-Wan obeyed, albeit reluctantly.

"Things shouldn?t have turned out like this." The Jedi master lowered his gaze to the nearly empty corridor floor. "Somehow our paths?"

Obi-Wan folded his arms into his cloak not really interested in what the master had to say.

The taller man grew silent. His deep blue eyes studied the harsh stare of the other.

"Our paths have diverged," Obi-Wan answered flatly as he tried to return to his journey. Bali was waiting.

"Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon followed a few steps until the knight turned again.

The chill, his constant companion, urged Obi-Wan to drag his cloak tight in an attempt to warm himself.

The action did not go unnoticed.

"I needed you to help guide me back toward the right path. I was your padawan and I needed help." He turned as if to walk away but hesitated wishing the hurt and bitterness were not so readily available in his voice.

"I didn?t know."

"Of course not," Obi-Wan laughed weakly. "You were busy." He straightened. Any sign of emotion or weakness slipped away. His voice even and cool. "Our journeys lie on different paths." A part of him wanted to condemn the man he had once called master, friend, and father. But t

22. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    HOLY MOLY!

That was exciting! The amount of emotion with Qui Gon and Obi Wan was perfect. And the emotion with Obi Wan after he looked at the healed riversotne in his hand. I am just stunned :eek:

Only one more post :_|

Then sequel [face_love]

23. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    I'm not sure which is sadder, the post or the fact we only have one post left! :_|

Nice touch with the river stone RRK!

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: WOW! :eek:

I... I'm speechless... :eek: That was AMAZING!!!!!!

:D Wow... :D

25. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Just thought I'd post my little throughts on this story.

BLOODY BRILLANT

Looking forward to reading more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.