main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    let's see:

rubber bottomed shoes, spikes, pitons, clips, ropes, claw hammer, and parachute.

yep, froggy's ready for the next post.

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    *dances*

Go red....go red....go red....

Now to continue biting my nails.

3. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    AWE-INSPIRING, RRK. I'm spellbound and awe-struck, you can make Obi-Wan suprise, not only Palpatine, but me. :) Giving his all, pulling on the last of his reserves, making that incredible strike against Palpatine--but no one was there to see it. At least Anakin is proving a good distraction, although after what he's been through I don't know how much of a difference it might make to Obi-Wan. :(

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I really don't know how you do it Red. This story is so complex and you have everything woven into such an intricate pattern, it is truly amazing to read. I love how you have the prophesies coming to fruition. I have already decided that the minute this is done, I am going to go back to the first book and reread this engrossing story. The nuances are awesome. :)

When Obi-Wan flew up from the floor, sailed across Palpatine's desk and skewered him, I was reminded of Qui-Gon in the Council chambers saying he is headstrong and stubborn. That's right old man and look what the apprentice you cast aside just accomplished even though he is sick and cannot reach for the Force. Speaking of Qui-Gon, where is the arrogant fool anyway? ?[face_plain]

5. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I, too, want to know where Qui-Gon is.

The whole thing about the Bendu Knight seeing the sun was beautifullly brought to pass, red_rose_knight. Absolutely breathtaking.

When do they take their own back?

Oh, I know, seek revenge a Jedi does not. Still... Self defense?

Just Jill

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Rule number one: never eat a snack while reading one of red's posts. It can be very hazardous to on'e health!

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I've been lurking forever here and finally decided to de-lurk, since I really don't feel like doing homework. RRK, I absolutely loved AUP and stayed up all night to read it several months ago. Did the same for TLTP. Did the same for this one. I'm literally on the edge of my seat (and I guess reading your posts at 3 a.m. makes me even more jumpy) and can't wait to find out what happens. I loved Bali the moment you introduced him, and I think the way you've developed Obi-Wan is brilliant. Keep it up!

8. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Rule number two:

Never drink a soda when reading one of red's posts. It may be hazardous to your computer.

~~~~~~~~

AAAAAAAAAGGHHH! OBI!

red that was a very very very evil cliffie.

Beautiful part about the Temple. Why do I think that the ancient writing is important?! I think the Force is about to find its voice.

9. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Obi-Wan and Warbler are quit alikey each other both are strong,brave,loyal and care
    for them they love.

RRK It`s amazing how every word you write seems to come to life the actions,fellings and the surroundings.

10. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    AHHH!!!!!

You ARE evil, Red! Poor Obi-Wan!

So, WHERE'S Qui-Gon? Hmm... wonder when he will make his timely arrival- must be coming up soon.

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Carved into the intricate stone cloak of the Jedi guardian was the ancient script of the Bendu monks telling the story of Anun?s communion with the Force.

I think someone else is about to commune with the Force. I'm just wondering which of the players on the scene it will be.

A tour-de-force, Red. Beautiful and powerful work.

Shaindl

12. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    obi ew? Oh! Evil horrible cliffie! ?? Look at it this way, yesterday was probably the last of the cliffies. :D

jedi7? OMG, OMG, OMG... ?? Today is the last stressful day, then after that it is just clean up. Don?t die on me yet!

Jedi Knight Hunter? I fear to think how you will kill me in the next post. ?? Slowly, painfully and with great joy.

Padawan Travina? **passes out** ?? ::Gets the smelling salt:: Wakey Wakey Wakey!!

Lurkalidth? I wanted to thank you for an innovative, well thought-out, and engrossing story or three. Kudos! ?? No, thank you for reading! [face_blush]

Psycho Freak? Holy cow! You want to give me a heart attack don't you? ?? [face_devil] I want to be voted writer most likely to kill her readers. 8-} I?m not evil, really I am not.

Calantha? I spend all day waiting to read the days post, and when I finally get to a computer, I chicken out. ?? Be brave! :) It is almost over and most of the stress will be gone shortly. [face_blush]

ca tron? *reads last post and dies again* ?? You better b3e careful, doing it too many times and you might get stuck dead. 8-}

ObiLegolas? Great post, Red! Though I could do without the cliffhanger. ?? If there wasn?t a cliffhanger, you wouldn?t know what to do with yourself.

padawanduck? :D

Sugar Bear? It was a stellar moment when Obi plunged his lightsaber into the evil Emperor. What an awe-inspiring rendering of the noble Jedi, where every last ounce of his strength, faith, determination and will was wrung out. ?? They say you cannot give more than a 100%, but I think Obi-Wan proved that wrong.

LuvEwan? **sigh** Why do I get the feeling that Ani doesn't die in this? ?? Probably because he will kill Obi-Wan, kill Palpatine and rule the galaxy with his wife at his side? :confused:

Jovieve? Very staggering mental vision of the juxtapositioning of the calm serenity of the Bendu Temple and its most famous monk and the extreme violence going on around them. ?? Kind of gives new meaning to that scene where Bali watches Obi-Wan standing on the balcony of Padmé?s apartment enjoying the warm sunlight.

PaddyJuan]? rubber bottomed shoes, spikes, pitons, clips, ropes, claw hammer, and parachute. ? yep, froggy's ready for the next post. ?? Nuclear fallout shelter, lead suit, scuba gear?

Katya Jade? Now to continue biting my nails. ?? Along with therapy bills I will be getting manicurist bills too. :D

naw ibo? At least Anakin is proving a good distraction, although after what he's been through I don't know how much of a difference it might make to Obi-Wan. ?? After being bounced off a wall? Probably not much.

Sheila? Speaking of Qui-Gon, where is the arrogant fool anyway? ?? Probably off having tea somewhere. ;) ? The nuances are awesome. ?? [face_blush]

Just Jill? The whole thing about the Bendu Knight seeing the sun was beautifullly brought to pass, red_rose_knight. Absolutely breathtaking. ?? :) [face_blush]

PadawanKitara? Rule number one: never eat a snack while reading one of red's posts. It can be very hazardous to on'e health! ?? Good rule! You might want to put the snacky food down before you read today?s. I wouldn?t want you choking on potato chips or something. ;)

JadeSolo? I loved Bali the moment you introduced him, and I think the way you've developed Obi-Wan is b

13. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of Keeping Promises

Groaning and clawing at the deep red carpet, Obi-Wan struggled to get up but his strength failed him and his aching muscles could not hold his weight causing him to sink back to the rough carpet weave. Fighting again, he managed to pull an arm beneath his body and prop himself up just enough to raise his weary blue eyes to the interloper. The exhaustion was almost enough to numb him to the pain that was equal in both body and mind.

From a deep gash above his left eyebrow, a thin trickle of blood traced its way down his cheek into his beard. His nostrils flared with the pain filled breaths as he still struggling against the agony racing through his system. Slowly allowing his head to finally rest on his arm with the last of his strength bled away, Obi-Wan consciously touched the Force offering a silent prayer that Bali would remain safe and cradled in the ever-flowing energies of the Force.

?Jedi assassin!? Palpatine cried out while clutching his chest wound with one hand and pointing wildly to Obi-Wan with the other. ?Assassin! Kill him, General Skywalker! Kill the traitor to the Republic!? The dark energies of the Force swirled wildly around the room as Palpatine struggled against his injury.

Anakin?s startled gaze jumped from Obi-Wan to Palpatine. ?Chancellor?? he asked starting for the older man.

Pointing at the downed Jedi, Palpatine howled, ?Kill him! Kill the traitor!?

After a brief pause, whatever emotions stirred behind the younger man?s eyes stilled as he obediently nodded. ?Yes, your Excellency. I will deal with the assassin.? Holding his weapon at ready, he slowly approached the fallen Jedi. His bright blue eyes appeared purple as the red glow of the lightsaber splashing over his face.

?The last, desperate act of a dying Order,? Palpatine growled. He struggled to support himself with his desk, pain marring his withered features. ?Let him join his rebellious comrades in death! All threats to my position will be destroyed,? the dark lord spat. ?Kill him, General.?

The red blade swept about as Anakin moved forward to deliver sentence.

Obi-Wan remained motionless, his pale gaze fixed to the deep red carpet. He did not know where his padawan was. He did not know if the boy was alive or dead but hoped that the Force was with him and protecting the youth where he could not. A deep aching clung to his heart for his failure in completing Bali?s training.

?I condemn you as a traitor to the Republic,? Anakin briskly announced. He had uttered these words many times before putting down so-called traitors and did not have to think about them. ?Under the Martial Law Act, empowered by the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine of the Galactic Republic, I sentence you to death for crimes of heresy and treason against the state.? Bringing his weapon back over his head to deliver the killing blow, he paused before bringing the red blade gracefully toward the Jedi.

The hum of the saber tip brushed close to Obi-Wan?s ear but he did not react, meeting the moment with Jedi calm. Surprise bled through his tired being as the red blade swept harmlessly passed.

Anakin twisted about allowing the blade to arch around and at the last moment released the weapon. Red flashed slicing deep across Palpatine?s chest. All the dark energies that the Sith wielded exploded from the man in a final, powerful burst of retribution engulfing the room with darkness.

Anakin who was violently thrown across the room suffered the brunt of the explosion. He crashed into the floor with a dull thud just as the two halves of Palpatine?s body crumpled to the floor.

In the blink of an eye, the dark power had dissipated. Or maybe it took longer Obi-Wan did not know. He could have lain there for a week and it would have felt like a heartbeat.

?Master Obi-Wan,? a soft voice damaged the unnatural silence that had filled the room.

?Yes,? the Jedi answered.

?Your padawan,? there was a long silence. ?I betrayed Padmé.? Another moment passed. ?Your padawan said he woul

14. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Wow, red, I sure was off, wasn't I? [face_laugh]

But that's great. A really good author can surprise their readers...and please them. ;) Of course I'm sad that Ani left his children and wife, but he was evil, and a murderer. His only redeeming quality was that he spared Obi. ;) You wrote Ani very realistically...though I still can't despair much at his death.

The scene with Bant was heartbreaking, but strangely beautiful,with the wording you chose. The entire post was perfect, excellent, magnificent...I could go on and on. :D

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

(Will love it better when Obi recovers. [face_love] )

15. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **wakes up as she smells the salt**

***reads chapter***

**re-reads it***

**dies**

PT

16. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Whoo-hoo! Alright Anakin killed Palpy. (but that doesn't mean I forgive him for being such a jerk to Bali throughout their lives) 8-} Yay! Obi is still alive!

Great post, Red! Can't wait for all the great angst that is still to come!

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sometimes words fail. However, I've never let that stop me. :p

The strength and power of that post, and of the image of one Padawan holding his Master and one Master holding her Padawan, are incredible. Anakin at last redeeming himself, realising how he had betrayed his wife and children was somewhat heartbreaking, even after everything he did. I think in his heart of hearts, at the last, that he realised what he had become.

Spectacular post.

Shaindl

18. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Obi is still alive! :) :) Question is: Will he stay that way? ?[face_plain]

Anakin spared Obi's life but I can't sympathize with Padmé's grief - he is a cruel murderer... and in this case he didn't even have the qualms he had in AotC after he killed all those people in that village.

Interesting, though, that the army stepped down immediately after Bail's call. Isn't that Palpatine's personal army?

Nicky

19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Dang it Red ! You made me tear up for Anakin! :mad: Well I guess I can forgive him since he saved Obi! He did save Obi right? We won't tune in tomorrow and find ourselves attending Kenobi's funeral will we? That would be unforgiveable! :( Brilliant writting as usual!

20. Katie_Kenobi

Katie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2002
    No! Liril wasn't supposed to die! And niether was Anakin when he went good again! But it's still good! I'm glad Palpatine is dead though, it'll make things so much easier to clean up. And I hope there are still some Jedi left!

Katie

21. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Like the white rabbit, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late - but I simply must toss a few dozen roses at the feet of the Master author, congratulate her on a magnificient tour de force - and ask one pertinent question.

WHERE THE HELL IS QUI-GON?

Let's face it, Red - you can have everything coming up roses in the denouement, but if Master Willfully-Woefully-Blissfully-Ignorant does not suffer some kind of HUGE epiphany - and proceed to consume bucketloads, hills, MOUNTAINS of dirt - laced with lots of crow - then we're NOT going to be satisfied. Comprende?

CYN

22. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    It ain't over yet, Cyn. Let's see what happens.

I'm sorry, doofus did a good thing by offing Palpatine, but I still think Padme's an idiot for grieving over him. Anakin finally did what he should have been doing all along. Being a Jedi. That he does it in the end is too little too late for me. OK, so he popped Palpatine, Bail and company were right behind him, it would have been easy for them to reseize control from the seriously injured man.

I'm very happy and relived to see Obi-Wan still alive, but what has this now cost him?

23. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Wow! Truly a magnificent post!

You had me worried there for a moment. But Obi-Wan is still alive! :D And Anakin did the right thing at the end, it still doesn't excuse all the things he did but it sure helps a little.

That scene with Bant was heartbreaking.

And as CYN asked, Where is Qui-Gon!?!

24. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow. Wow. Double Wow.

Liril?s soft exhale was felt and the light that was the girl faded into the cosmic and unending energies of the Force.

:_| Liril!

:D Obi-Wan

:( Anakin

Nice one. Looking forward to seeing how it all ties up. :)

25. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Loved it when the knowledge of his padawan's survival put a brilliant smile upon a weak and wounded Obi-Wan's face. Since he's a man of his word, I'm counting on an honorable Obi avoiding death's door in order to keep his promise of guiding his apprentice to Jedi knighthood.

Liril's passing was very heartrending and hopefully her consoling words helped to mitigate some of Bant's painful grief.

Outstanding outcome, RRK! A very satisfying and thoroughly enjoyable finish to an emotional and action packed epic. Anxiously awaiting the denouements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.