main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *weak attempt at a smile*

Really really descriptive red! You painted the pain that the order is feeling extremely well. Sorrow just seems to vibrate off the buildings. Yet life continues on for the Jedi.

Really really...WOW!

2. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That was a beautiful post showing the aftermath of the destruction of the Temple. Obi-Wan is as stubborn as ever refusing to get the treatment and rest he needs, and he wonders why Bali is so willful that he disobeys his orders, like father, like son.

?Broken bones mend. Frayed shields can be rebuilt with time, but broken hearts only fester without help. Right now I have to find Bant.? :_|

Who would know this better than Obi-Wan who has harbored a broken heart for most of his adult life. :(

Great post Red .

3. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Yes, I think it's time for Obi-Wan to return the favor of helping out a friend in heart-broken need. :) Wonderful book, RRK. Somehow helpful but so sad. Only you can do this to me! * Shakes fist *

THEFALLEN

4. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    Obi is so great.

I wish I had a friend like him.

Poor Mace...he's one of my favorites!!!!

5. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    To answer your question Red...I am not a Ghoul...as least I dont think I am...

And I loved your chapter....but I could have sworn obi-wan was going to be out of it for a bit....little bit longer then he was...

Cant wait to read more...

PT

6. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    sniff sniff

sniffle sniffle

Aw, dang it red,

:_| :_|

That was beautiful. And that post before was simply breath-stealing. Good thing I read it sitting down, otherwise I would have dented the floor when I collapsed. :p

Now - back to the :_|

I see the ending looming on the horizon. :_|

Does anyone have a spare comb?????? My fur is getting matted up again.

so red when didja say that next story would be up? not to rush you or anything, but, uhm, I am really not looking forward to red-withdrawal. The symptoms are enough to make one shudder. :p

7. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    yep but the spell s broken for now.
    Brillant chapter. It´s felt like it was yester days chapter Lirli was
    jumping around screming about boys germs and now like most of them is gone. Poor Bant lucky she has
    Obi-Wan.

8. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    "Angst? No, that is over now everyone is going to dance and sing through fields of pretty pink flowers."

Ummm, who are you and what have you done with Red?

Very powerful chapter of healing and comfort, and yet, having read over 100 chapters of this story alone, not to mention the other two, I am not giving up my bungee cord, frayed and worn as it may be, yet. You have to admit that you have a bit of a history of defenestrating your readers.

love this story.

9. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    The aftermath.

Yes, of course.

And still, there are missing Jedi, there are children to console, and there are wounds - non-physical - to heal as best as we can.

Very good aftermath post, red_rose_knight. Excellently done.

Just Jill

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Nothing new to add, so I'll just say that was great. Can't wait to see the scene between Bant and Obi.

And might Eeth have been hinting at Council Member Kenobi? Hmm.

And Paddy, "defenestrating her readers?" LOL!

Shaindl

11. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :( *Sniff, sniff*

Beautiful post Red, sad but beautiful.

I hope that little troll is alive somewhere.

Qui-Gon isn't by any chance one of the Jedi that were attacked while out on the field, is he? ?[face_plain]

For the first time since nearly drowning two medics that tried to keep him in the bacta tank, the older Jedi smiled. [face_laugh]

12. Lazy-Bones

Lazy-Bones Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    This was definitely one of my favourite posts yet! [face_love] Beautiful. Well done.

13. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    padawanduck? someone find yoda!!!! ?? Well, since you demanded. 8-}

Nicky? And after Obi talked to Bant, please let Bali and her conspire to get Obi the rest he so desperately needs. ?? Yes, rest, that?s what Obi-Wan needs.

ObiLegolas? Poor Bali, his best friend is missing and most probably dead. Hope they find him, even if it's just a body! ?? Well, there will be some digging today?

LuvEwan? I wonder how Bant is reacting to her padawan's death. ?? The answer will be tomorrow.

Sugar Bear? Throughout the years, Bant's been Obi's greatest pillar of strength. In kind, he'll give her a strong shoulder to cry on and all the tender-hearted support she needs. ?? It will be interesting to see the tables turned.

Katya Jade? Beautiful red. Beautiful. ?? [face_blush] Thanks!

obi ew? Amazing! ?? :)

Jovieve? Go to Bant, Obi. ?? Slowly he will make it.

naw ibo? Not an original bone in my body, but I just had to quote it. ?? [face_laugh]

Phoenix Reborn? *weak attempt at a smile* ?? Took a lot out of you, huh?

Sheila? Who would know this better than Obi-Wan who has harbored a broken heart for most of his adult life. ?? So Bant better listen to him.

TheFallen? * Shakes fist * ?? If it is not trust issues, the readers are threatening me. :D I?m going to miss this after Sunday.

Mysticshill? Poor Mace...he's one of my favorites!!!! ?? It is harder when you like them.

Padawan Travina? To answer your question Red...I am not a Ghoul...as least I dont think I am... ?? Whew! That?s good because I was starting to get scared.

Flashbacca? Good thing I read it sitting down, otherwise I would have dented the floor when I collapsed. ?? Passed out Wookiees are not a pretty sight. :)

Aquas Knight? It´s felt like it was yester days chapter Lirli was jumping around screming about boys germs and now like most of them is gone. ?? Now who will torment Bali?

PaddyJuan? Ummm, who are you and what have you done with Red? ?? That was my good twin speaking for a moment. 8-} ? You have to admit that you have a bit of a history of defenestrating your readers. ?? You can?t possibly be talking about me. :D

Just Jill? And still, there are missing Jedi, there are children to console, and there are wounds - non-physical - to heal as best as we can. ?? :( It will be a long time to recover.

Shaindl? And might Eeth have been hinting at Council Member Kenobi? Hmm. ?? Hmmm?

Psycho Freak? I hope that little troll is alive somewhere. ?? You will see shortly?

Lazy Bones? This was definitely one of my favourite posts yet! Beautiful. Well done. ?? [face_blush] Thanks!

Just think, after today there are only three posts left. Whew! I need a vacation. 8-} Seriously, thank you everyone for sticking through this last of the trilogy. [face_blush] You mean a lot!

14. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of Digging Out

?Here! Over here!? a Krelian Jedi called out leading the search team to a collapsed hall. The heavy, nasal voice tore into the dream. Bright white lights splashed over the mountain of crushed stone and structure.

The large, black skinned Krelian reached out and gently manipulated the rubble, raising large stones into the air and levitating them toward other Jedi who could easily dispose of the debris.

The concerted effort quickly removed the heavier chunks of fallen structure allowing a more careful search to continue by hand. The small group of Jedi dug down until they found the dingy, gray material of a stained tunic.

Triumphant voices rang out as calls for medical supplies and equipment were made. Careful hands shifted the remaining rubble away revealing a small Jedi master and his young charge wrapped in a Force bubble that kept the collapsed walls from crushing them.

Yoda?s weary, dust covered eyelids raised and he offered the rescuers a thin smile. With what remained of his strength, he offered the sleeping girl to the bright lights. ?Take her,? came his gravelly, but weak voice as he helped the quiet girl into comforting arms. The tiny Togruta was still in a deep trance. It was the only way the ancient master could protect her over the long wait for rescue.

Those same arms then reached for him, pulling the limp form from the wreckage of the temple. He opened his large eyes once more into the bright searchlights for a moment but the strain from protecting he and the initiate had been too much and they drifted closed again.

?Tell me,? the little master said softly waiting until the Krelian to leaned close. ?Ended how??

The knight softly replied as he walked alongside the hover board the little master was carefully laid upon, ?Master Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker killed Chancellor Palpatine who had ordered the destruction of the temple. Senator Organa called down the army.?

Yoda nodded and offered up a small smile before drifting into an exhaustion driven sleep.

The Book of Reunions

?Bali!? a voice called out over the din of the infirmary.

The apprentice turned and burst into a grin at the sight of the red headed senior padawan, but remained obediently at his master?s side.

?Go,? Obi-Wan said gently nudging the youth forward.

Rushing through the crowded infirmary, Bali wrapped his long time friend in a warm hug. The chalky white dust of the temple billowed from Awar?s covered clothing as he returned the wampa-sized hug. Great joy overcame Bali as he pushed his friend back and studied the other padawan?s bruised face. ?They said you were missing.? How many more of their friends were still lost among the rubble?

Awar studied his friend for a moment. The days since the temple fall had aged their youthful faces beyond time and experience. ?We were down in the Bendu. Stuck there until the way was cleared. My master and I led others from the language center to this big room in the old temple.? He twisted back to stare at his master who was carefully treating a young padawan. ?I was taking a crash course in the Mahitan language, my master and I were scheduled to go to Mahi in a few weeks on an extended mission. Everything just started tumbling down.? Offering up a weak laugh, he continued, ?There were so many of us, all huddling in this big round room. It was like a council chamber. We ran in and lights came on, like it welcomed us.?

He tried to put on a brave face, but Bali knew his friend too well to see that the red haired youth was still quite upset. Every Jedi he had seen since returning to the temple had that same haunted eyes.

?Master Anya told stories to help the younger padawans through the wait. She told us about the Bendu and how the Force flowed through it. That it would stand against any attack as long as we believed.? The padawan offered a smile as he looked to the gray haired woman sitting on the edge of cot speaking softly to one of the patients. Then his concerned look ret

15. padawanduck

padawanduck Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    yoda is alive yoda is alive *dances around in circles*

glad to see bali found awar :)

now where is that qui gon... ?[face_plain]

16. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

A wonderful post, RRK! A joyous discovery to find Yoda and Awar amongst the survivors, however it was very sad, yet understandable to hear how all the surviving Jedi appear haunted by the unforgettable and terrifying near destruction of the Temple.

Bali need not have felt embarrassed. The apprentice may have been elsewhere when the walls began tumbling down, but he certainly showed his Jedi mettle by exhibiting grace under fire while protecting Padmé and reasoning with Anakin.

17. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    YODA LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so does Awar! Yay! At least one little bitty happy ending!!!! :D

Great post, Red! And I love how you have Bali experiencing survivor's guilt. Are we ever going to hear what happened to Qui-gon?

18. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Whew!!! Yoda is alive...thank goodness...

Kinda sad though about Mace..but glad Yoda lived..

Great post Red..so um when do we get to see Buckethead?

PT

19. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Yoda the man!

Glad to hear some good news rescues instead of bad news.

20. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Yay! Yoda, that darling little green troll, I could hug him. :) It was just wonderful to find that Awar was still alive, though through it all I can imagine how all the Jedi must be feeling through this, haunted, psychically wounded.

Now onto tomorrow and Bant. :(

21. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Yoda is alive! :D

Awar is alive! :D

I am going to be so sorry when this story is over Red. It has been a wild and wonderful ride. I do plan on rereading it in its entirety when finished. There were so many nuances to the story that I feel sure I missed some along the way. :)

22. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    awwww, so wonderful a rise.

and now, i suppose you are going to set our hot air balloon on fire. sigh

but i really love this story

23. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    *talks through choked sobs*
    finally caught up!
    *unenthusiasically* Woo-hoo.

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *thinks*

*thinks some more*

*still thinking*

I think that Bali's going to have many, many psychological scars...maybe more so than Obi-Wan.

25. sinewa

sinewa Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    hello *cheerful wave*

i lurk, quite incessantly. had to drop in as i seem to have five minutes to myself (wow) and tell you how absolutely amazed i am at your gift for storytelling. i've read the whole 'Path' series as stands so far and i am in awe.

such emotional torment, vivid imagery, and a plot that propels me to stay up all night re-reading.

i am speechless. i can barely think of any coherent praise worthy of this epic. thank you so much for sharing your hard work for us to enjoy.

i love Obi-Wan, i love your Bali, i have mixed feelings about Padme, and Anakin, and please tell me Qui-Gon will grovel before this over. but something tells me his solitude and guilt will prove quite an apt punishment for someone so reluctant to open their heart.

anyway, again i thank you. and look forward to anything you choose to present us with in the future.

~sinewa

ps- the welcoming glow Awar describes to Bali, the one that welcomed him in the Bendu...did that have anything to do with Obi-Wan passing out way back when?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.